Page 147 of 172 FirstFirst ... 477297117137142143144145146147148149150151152157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1713

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I watched. He was so pompous and egotistical that I almost got ill and he also told several blatant lies. I liked Kennedy's discussion of it. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 02-06-2018 at 01:19 PM.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I cannot watch him. I see Benito Mussolini in him when he talks. I never watch news anymore. Just read it.

Sounds like someone convinced him to stay on script.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

In our effort to avoid vomiting, migraines, and damaged TVs, Jim and I chose to listen to CDs. We loudly sang along with The Beatles' "Revolution." And we danced to Otis Redding (somehow we had the energy to dance to "Shake" in the kitchen, while making dinner!). Today, I did read a few wrap up articles about it. Evidently, he clapped a lot during the speech, applauding himself with his tiny, meaty hands, right into the microphone.

Protests at the speech included Democratic Women's Working Group wearing black and the Congressional Black Caucus wearing kente cloth.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...ns-kente-cloth

DT's speech of lies was the longest State of the Union speech in 18 years.

I was hoping that some gutsy Democrats would holler, "You Lie!" every time DT lied, in retaliation for Republican Rep. Wilson, who shouted that during President Obama's first STOU speech in 2009. In this case, it would have been accurate and deserved. But perhaps, the Democrats have decorum.

FLOTUS did not arrive with DT. She didn't go to Davos with him either, claiming "scheduling conflict." (like these things aren't well planned in advance ...) Hmmm ... seems the marriage between DT and Melania is a bit, um, er ... Stormy?

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I watched. He stayed with the teleprompter throughout and so sounded a bit better than his own speech. I agree with Jeanie that he appeared pompous and egotistical. He clapped for himself. I spotted many things said that were not true even as he said them.

The speech was long, but I have heard it was not the longest word wise. He just read so slow and waited for the applause, and of course the Repubs delivered. So you had to wait through that. It became boring. While all State of the Union presenters have brought out people to make their case for things they wanted, this one brought out so many that I felt he was exploiting them as the night went on.

I watched because I just wanted to see for myself, so that when I heard peoples reaction I would know if they really listened to all the things that were said that were not true.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose, FLOTUS is a puzzle to me too. Every time I get a glimpse of her, she's looking as if she hasn't entered into her First Lady role with much enthusiasm. To put it mildly.

Much of what her husband had to say seemed like boilerplate, designed to make all of us feel good about ourselves. Not a bad tactic just now, when his popularity ratings aren't doing well.

He was clapping for himself, yes, but I've seen other national leaders do this, particularly if they're trying to honor someone in the audience, as he was doing several times.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Default I don't think any of us won.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trump wins, and Hillary loses!

No matter how you voted, it was a close race, and not too much mud slinging until the end of the race. Now lets come together, and support the new President, and see what he can do for America.

See, staying up all night has it's advantages, I got to see the election results just now while most are still sleeping!
    Great job he did of draining the swamp (wink wink) and bringing the country together, but I don't think Clinton would have done any better.

I can proudly say I voted for 2 Independent candidates and didn't vote for either Trump or Clinton.

I believe our future is in the independents who put the American people first and not their party!

I voted for the Veterans Party as they stood for just about everything I believe in. 46% of voters are independents and we could have put in anyone we wanted had we just voted together. I hope everyone starts really looking at the candidates before they vote and see if they really believe what you believe.

12. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DisabledQuillest, I don't think you've been here before--or maybe when you were Disabled_Quiller or back when you were Charli quite a while ago, but everyone is welcome to post in this Politics thread--or in any other thread on this board, for that matter.

I've read back over some of your earlier posts and hope you are doing well.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

I guess our dear president feels people can't make decisions on what they'll spend their meager government food allowance on, and he can save the taxpayers lots of money this way. Ha, it would cost more! No more of those easy microwavable meals. Wonder if he's planning on customizing to individual needs like food allergies, ability to cook, ect.
    What a buffoon this man is!
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...ients-will-get

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Angry

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

nuthatch ~

Under the proposal, which was announced Monday, low-income Americans who receive at least $90 a month just over 80 percent of all SNAP recipients would get about half of their benefits in the form of a "USDA Foods package." The package was described in the budget as consisting of "shelf-stable milk, ready to eat cereals, pasta, peanut butter, beans and canned fruit and vegetables." The boxes would not include fresh fruits or vegetables.
    I doubt that the "package" would be customized to meet any kinds of dietary needs. If you are lactose intolerant, gluten intolerant, diabetic, have high blood pressure or heart issues, a nut allergy, etc., this "package" will make you worse. Canned foods are loaded with sodium. Cereals have a lot of sugar. One sure way to reduce the SNAP costs: Kill the SNAP recipients with garbage food.

I don't recognize America any more. It is tragic what is happening to us.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Exactly. It will drive up Medicaid costs as these food items are poor nutrition.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 147 of 172 FirstFirst ... 477297117137142143144145146147148149150151152157 ... LastLast