Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77102127147167172173174175176177
Results 1,761 to 1,766 of 1766

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, I am not surprised at the Southern Baptist Convention. They do have some good people and one of the top men came out against DT when he was running. He stated that he did not see how evangelical ministers could stand up and tell people to vote for him after the Access Hollywood tape. However, Graham does surprise me. He is so closely associated with DT that I am surprised he would say anything. He is the one who kept saying when it came to women that DT should "get do overs". I am not quite sure how many do overs he has had. I am very much not a fan of Franklin G.

However, I do have to in fairness add that I think the charity Samaritan's Purse that he is in charge of has done some good things for underdeveloped countries. It had briefly crossed my mind, that if this is true how could he sit by with what is going on in our country. He needs to come out MUCH stronger. I think that might would make an impact on some of DT's followers.
    Virginia

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I think he abhors DT, But is trying for the good of the nation to kiss butt enough so he can moderate DTs instincts and educate him. Occasionally though he does criticize him such as saying it would be the end if DT fires Mueller.

I don’t know if Graham’s strategy will work. History will tell, as long as the govt doesn’t get to write those books in the future, as in destroy free press.

Oops, you meant Franklin graham, not Lindsey Graham!!

Re Franklin, many Christian religious leaders like him, IMO, do not follow Christ’s teachings. WWJD should be their standard.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 06-17-2018 at 07:09 AM.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Today, MSNBC extensively covered the detention of immigrant children crisis, including a press conference in Texas, with several Congressional Representatives, who were visiting the detention center and working toward reuniting the children with their parents. I think that I heard that Nancy Pelosi will be visiting a center in San Diego tomorrow.

The ACLU has been investigating abuse of immigrant children, and I think one of the Congressmen mentioned a lawsuit against the federal government. There may be more than one lawsuit on the way.

This broke my heart today:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...use-by-officia

But, I did find some comfort in knowing that some of our legislators are actively seeking solutions to reunite the children with their parents.

Now, Congress and DT are going to argue over what kind of law they should implement, while 2,000 children are imprisoned by their bigotry and cruelty.

How hard is this? Pass a law that says that we won't rip children from the arms of their parents and put them in tent camps or renovated prison-like facilities, or farm them out to strangers as foster children, who will then slip through the cracks and likely be abused. I have not forgotten the 6 children who died, when their foster mother drove them off a California cliff. These refugee children will be completely ignored by the System.

I'm a little surprised that Kim Jong Un hasn't tweeted congratulations to DT for this abominable inhumanity. After all, it's right up Kim's alley, and DT can't stop his effusive praise of Kim.

DT wants "his people" to stand at attention in his presence. Let's stand up and tell him that we are not going to tolerate his abuse of power any longer and that we voted for a President of the United States, not an oligarch, dictator, or king. We're America, not Russia or North Korea. And we can vote you and your cronies out of office. And we're not going to let you take that right away from us!

Prayers for the children and their parents ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Rose for president!

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

If Rose turns the job down, we will take anyone on here who will!!! Well maybe not me, but all others.
    Virginia

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sunshine ~

He** NO!

I want our President to be smarter than I am! And, younger! (No offense to the older potential candidates. But the job of President rapidly ages the men, who have held that office. We can tell by how grey their hair turns by the time they leave. With the exception of DT, who dyes his hair, if that even is his hair.)

But, if I were the candidate in debates with DT, I would carry a can of mace. And every time he stalked me on stage, I'd turn around and spray mace in his gaping mouth, his beady eyes and on his hair! If that didn't deter him, I'd get a restraining order against him for every future debate.

Who am I kidding? I'd never make it that far. As soon as he walked on stage and reached to shake my hand (or didn't reach), I'd vomit all over him. Guess that would be the end of my chance for the Oval Office.

Thank you for the laugh today, Sunshine! When I told Jim about your post, he said, "Hey, now there's something you could do with your free time!"

Meanwhile, leave it to four fantastic First Ladies to condemn DT and this "zero tolerance" policy:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...mmoral-n884136

If Barbara Bush was still with us, I'd bet the farm that she would echo their sentiments.

I'm also betting that someone other than Melania wrote her tweet. She gets thrown under the bus for DT, and she looks shabby when compared to our previous FLOTUS. Not to mention that her FLOTUS "project" is supposed to be to end bullying. But, she is chained to the world's biggest bully right now, meaning her hands are tied. And, yes, I think DT is the biggest bully, even compared to Putin and Kim, because he's using them for his own devious purposes.

And the lies being spewed by Paul Ryan, the witch, who is in charge of Homeland Security, DT, Sarah Sanders, and the rest, are just bountiful heaps of garbage on top of atrocious treatment of innocent victims of vicious governments. Oops! They migrated to the wrong country. Looks like we're just as vile as Guatemala and Honduras.

These refugees are caged inside buildings, where the lights are on 24 hr every day, on cots with "thermal blankets," which are paper thin (from space missions), and port-o-potties. They are prisoners.

These people are not criminals. They aren't using their children to gain entrance to the U.S. They are removing their children from the danger and violence in their countries. They are fleeing abhorrent conditions. There is an erupting volcano in Guatemala.

None of us can begin to imagine the trauma these refugees have endured. We can't, thank God. And that is all the more reason why we should be embracing and caring for them, instead of putting them in tent cities in scorching hot weather or cages in stuffy buildings.

I would add to the Biblical quotes, which contradict precisely what this administration is doing, the following:

He, who is least among you, he is the greatest. ~Luke 9:48

Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me ~ Matthew 25:40, 45

Prayers for the children and their parents ~ and for an immediate solution to their reunion ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77102127147167172173174175176177