Page 86 of 138 FirstFirst ... 11365676818283848586878889909196116136 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pat Robertson has announced that MS is "demonic," and I believe he's saying that all we need to do is to rebuke the demons in us, and we'll be free of MS.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...ent=361http://
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

There it is. I always Thought he was an idiot. This confirms it. As Tweaker woiukd say, you can't argue with an idiot.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:)How do people listen to him? He is unbelievable. He better hope God does not give him MS so he will learn he can't pray it away. Jeanie :)

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

My sister in law is convinced I have MS because "I have renounced as Christ and all HIs works'....becoming a Unitarian Universalist. She prays for me constantly "hoping (I) won't go to hell forever!!" Oh well.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

8. The following 8 users say "thanks"

I know where that came from. There was a book written some years ago and one of the contributing writers was a Neurologist and this was said in the book. It was not that long after I was diagnosed and a neighbor brought the book to me to read with that highlighted. I was so angry. The best I can remember it was mostly Phycologist and Psychiatrist who were involved in the writing of this book. Since this one Neurologist was also listed it was believed by some people who read that sort of thing to be true.
    Virginia

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Years ago, one of my grandmother's ultra religious friends told me to take my boys to a Benny Hinn healing session, so that he could rid them of all of their "afflictions."

I'd like to know how many Christians have MS and have prayed for healing and haven't received it. What other conditions does Robertson think are demonic-derived? ALS? Alzheimer's? Epilepsy (we know that was long believed to be a curse)? Cancer?

Hinn, Robertson, and those televangelists, dripping with diamonds and driving Mercedes, are false prophets, in my opinion.

Forget science! Stop the research! Don't take any medications! Just PRAY! And send us money. Lots and lots and lots of $$$$$$$.

As someone, who follows the Unity-inspired concept of "Make of My Life A Prayer," I pray all of the time, for others, for my loved ones, for myself. For each one of you. I don't ask God to cast out demons. I ask God for strength, healing, guidance, grace, peace, comfort, love, understanding.

I believe in the power of prayer, positive energy sent out into the Universe, and LOVE. Prayer has absolutely helped me, my loved ones, and others, and when many pray for the same person, healing is given in various ways. It doesn't mean a cure. It may mean simply that this was a good or better day for that person. Because a good or better day is a blessing.

Is there evil in the world? Without a doubt, and we're seeing it in action every day now, with those, who have been entrusted with the most precarious and important positions in the world.

But I don't think these people are possessed by demons. I believe that they are selfish, self-serving, greedy, intolerant, narcissistic sociopaths and psychopaths. Delusions of grandeur. Napoleon complexes. God complexes.

To suggest that anyone with a physical malady is possessed with demons is an outrageous insult to those, who have that condition. Unfortunately, it's not a surprise that Robertson said this, as he has a history of being ridiculous and bigoted in the name of God.

I believe that his soul will have a rude awakening, when he meets his Maker. And in line with him will be all of the other charlatans.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Thanks for the post Rose. As usual, your good common, and loving sense makes a lot more sense than theirs.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The March for Science is well attended in Washington, DC, and in more than 600 other cities on 6 continents today, according to the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.88b66e9db74e
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I really admire all the people who went out and marched today in the rainy and bad weather. I wonder how many more would have shown up if the weather had been perfect. They are the people who truly make a difference.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

It is such a sad state when a March for Science or environmental issues become 'political'.

I suppose it is the same way that whether smoking was safe or not became 'political' when high paid lobbyists got involved to argue for greed-promulgated positions and it took so many unnecessary deaths and incontrovertible evidence before they could finally accept defeat.

I surely hope that irreparable harm does not occur before science or the environment too being nonpolitical as well. Already, we are teetering on the edge.

My hat is off to those with a renewed fire in their belly who are standing up for what is right and in the best interests of humanity. If I could, I'd be out there too. I absolutely love the humor added to the signage too...the message doesn't always have to be serious to get the point across: "Grab em by the data" was one I saw.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 86 of 138 FirstFirst ... 11365676818283848586878889909196116136 ... LastLast