Page 6 of 131 FirstFirst 123456789101116365681106 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think we need to worry too much about those who aren't here. They will either see that we're not biting people who don't agree with our opinions, or they won't.

Plainly, nobody has left in a huff here as a result of this politics thread. If people who haven't been here for quite a while want to complain about the kinds of posts they're seeing, I hope they'll come in here and say what's on their mind openly instead of sending private communications to individuals.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

To any members, current or former, new or old, and visitors/guests, who were/are offended by my posts in this thread, I apologize.

For nearly 50 years, I have been forced to be astutely politically aware, because of my sons' special needs. I have had to fight discrimination, budget cuts to programs vital to my sons' well being, and blatant denial of their civil rights. I am extremely sensitive to red flags portending the jeopardy of the programs and services upon which Jon depends to live a quality life in his own home. My opinions are strong, based upon my experiences.

Extremism on either side is unhealthy for our democracy. My prayer is that someday our elected officials will come together to compromise, rather than obstruct or threaten, for the benefit of all American citizens.

funnylegs4 ~ In my on line searches, I found one reference to paid protesters, a story repeated on very biased pro-Trump sites, not by major news outlets. Nine hours after P-Elect tweeted about paid protesters, he tweeted this:

Love the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!

That's politics!

“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.” ~ Edgar Allan Poe

We have just emerged from the most grueling, negative, bombastic 18 month election circus. We all need time to recover and to heal. A long road is before us.

Peace to us all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Rose, I know how hard you fight against the system. I am up against the same system, a system which devalues my life because I am disabled so I completely understand where you are coming from and I also see a boatload of hypocrites. There are videos which were aired on news outlets that show very questionable (un)ethical behavior by Hillary supporters here on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuJGHuIkzY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDc8PVCvfKs One may question how the videos were obtained but it does not change what was said. Not trying to start a political battle here. I am just citing my sources! If I need to remove the links for any reason simply let me know. Yes we do need time to heal and I think we will. Meanwhile Trump now has to have every meal searched for poison and will have almost no privacy anymore as secret service will now be following his every move.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 11-11-2016 at 07:27 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Blog Entries

Funnylegs, isn't this the same man, Trump, who said the things quoted in this article?

http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...b-isis-2015-11

These statements are inflammatory and yet they're coming from the person who is now our leader. I can see why some people are upset. I'm not out there demonstrating but I can understand those who are.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    Funnylegs, isn't this the same man, Trump, who said the things quoted in this article?

http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...b-isis-2015-11

These statements are inflammatory and yet they're coming from the person who is now our leader. I can see why some people are upset. I'm not out there demonstrating but I can understand those who are.
    I'm not saying I don't see hypocrisy. Here Trump is talking about ISIS, who are homicidal maniacs who kill everyone who cross their path. Trump can "blast" ISIS to hell. I want ISIS gone.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

5. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Except that threats of bombings on such a large scale, coming from the US leader, are entirely too likely to be taken very seriously by countries who can also do bombings on a large scale.

funnylegs, I'm withdrawing from this discussion after saying that the link you posted is from Project Veritas, which is run by James O'Keefe. I have my doubts about information he puts out. You can read about Mr. O'Keefe in this Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O%27Keefe

EDITED to add an additional source:

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/01/watc...veritas-video/
    Last edited by agate; 11-11-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    Except that threats of bombings on such a large scale, coming from the US leader, are entirely too likely to be taken very seriously by countries who can also do bombings on a large scale.

funnylegs, I'm withdrawing from this discussion after saying that the link you posted is from Project Veritas, which is run by James O'Keefe. I have my doubts about information he puts out. You can read about Mr. O'Keefe in this Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O%27Keefe
    Thanks for the info. I was simply saying with these kind of things around I can understand Trump's tweet in that case that Rose posted about. I certainly do not mean to offend anyone. I know the source is questionable for the video to some and I respect that, however Wikipedia is not a reliable source. ANYBODY can edit it which is why people cannot source wikipedia in most academic papers. Again no offense.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 11-11-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I started this post not knowing if it would be shut down from the start. This was an important election, and no matter how you voted, or even didn't vote, you probably had strong feelings one way or the other.

I wanted everyone to have a chance to express their opinion, and why. We as a country are FREE to do so. Not true for the whole world. I thank everyone for responding to this post. It's good to see others opinions, and agree or disagree, we were civil about an emotional issue.
    Roswell was a gift.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    I started this post not knowing if it would be shut down from the start. This was an important election, and no matter how you voted, or even didn't vote, you probably had strong feelings one way or the other.

I wanted everyone to have a chance to express their opinion, and why. We as a country are FREE to do so. Not true for the whole world. I thank everyone for responding to this post. It's good to see others opinions, and agree or disagree, we were civil about an emotional issue.
    Thank you for posting Howie. It was a brave thing to do given the political climate we are in. I respect everyone's opinions here and love hearing both sides out as we all have valuable life experience and political experience to share.

Again my apologies if I offended anyone. I mean no disrespect. I respect all of you and I believe you have all gave valid reasonable educated responses. I'm proud to know you.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

an article or blog post came across my facebook feed today and it says the way i feell about the election. sure, it was a political election and each party wants to put across their agenda, but for me it also was about idealogies and dreams of an America that was for ALL THE PEOPLE. i guess though that some people didn't want the kind of America i wanted. if i want to live in a democracy, i have to accept that. i will not let go of my hopes and dreams, though.

some people throw around the term "political correctness" like it was a dirty word. we don't call people names anymore because it is bullying. it is nasty. we don't imitate disabled individuals or call them retarded because it is incorrect and nasty. we don't call germans, italians, poles, blacks, etc., by nasty nicknames anymore because it is not nice, it is nasty. the civility shown by president obama and others as we transition is not false, it is a recognition that things haven't gone the way of the democratic party and we are not going to sulk and impede the transition of power because america depends on this transition. so for me, political correctness=civility. however, the outcome of this election is going to take a long time to come to terms with.

i am glad we can express our views here politely and civilly. and i'm glad lazarus came here because she was feeling alone with her feelings. we are stronger together and i was feeling alone, also. we have no choice but to give trump 60 days or 4 years. it is the uncertainty we are afraid of. he has made his positions clear by his words. maya angelou was right about when people tell you who they are, believe them. and that is why i am scared.

and now for the article, which is short and i hope you will take 5 minutes to read it: http://johnpavlovitz.com/2016/11/09/...-grieve-today/

thank you for reading and sharing and caring.
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 11-11-2016 at 08:38 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tic chick View Post
    hey everyone !

an article or blog post came across my facebook feed today and it says the way i feell about the election. sure, it was a political election and each party wants to put across their agenda, but for me it also was about idealogies and dreams of an America that was for ALL THE PEOPLE. i guess though that some people didn't want the kind of America i wanted. if i want to live in a democracy, i have to accept that. i will not let go of my hopes and dreams, though.

some people throw around the term "political correctness" like it was a dirty word. we don't call people names anymore because it is bullying. it is nasty. we don't imitate disabled individuals or call them retarded because it is incorrect and nasty. we don't call germans, italians, poles, blacks, etc., by nasty nicknames anymore because it is not nice, it is nasty. the civility shown by president obama and others as we transition is not false, it is a recognition that things haven't gone the way of the democratic party and we are not going to sulk and impede the transition of power because america depends on this transition. so for me, political correctness=civility. however, the outcome of this election is going to take a long time to come to terms with.

i am glad we can express our views here politely and civilly. and i'm glad lazarus came here because she was feeling alone with her feelings. we are stronger together and i was feeling alone, also. we have no choice but to give trump 60 days or 4 years. it is the uncertainty we are afraid of. he has made his positions clear by his words. maya angelou was right about when people tell you who they are, believe them. and that is why i am scared.

and now for the article, which is short and i hope you will take 5 minutes to read it: http://johnpavlovitz.com/2016/11/09/...-grieve-today/

thank you for reading and sharing and caring.
    jeannie
    I agree. Obama and Hillary have both been diplomatic in their response(despite it being a bit hypocritical) and I wish the violent protestors would do the same and follow the example of the candidate they wished to elect.

Page 6 of 131 FirstFirst 123456789101116365681106 ... LastLast