Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst 1234567891015355580105 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Yes. But there seeemd to be a chilling impact in my community. There were hundreds of DT signs, but not a single HRC sign. This was due to fear, there seemed to be a rabidness to some of his followers. I know I was darn glad I am White. I realized if I was Black, I might've been looking over my shoulder.

And the firebombing of the Mosque was not far from here. Too close for comfort.

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something I would like to do.

60 days after Trump has taken office, let's see how everyone feels about how Trump has done so far. Everyone here is still flying high on the propaganda about Trump that Hillary's team put out there in the hope that the people would buy into it.

The Election is over, Trump won which means that the majority of American's felt that Trump would take this country in the direction they felt was best.

I know that many of you voted Clinton not so much for the direction she wanted to take the Country, but because she's a woman. We finally elected a black to be President, and think he's done a good job, and the People felt so too because he was a 2 term President.

But now the People have spoken again, and feel Trump will do a better job leading the Country now than Clinton. Trump had votes from men and women, blacks and whites, all races, and backgrounds.

Time to stop arguing about the Election. It is over, it was close, but the majority have spoken.

I feel it's time for a woman to make serious run for the Whitehouse, but in my heart don't feel Hillary was the one. Put out feelers on women to run next time. Support them, do what you can to help them overcome the obstacles.

I have no Party. I am not a Republican, or Democrat, or any other party. I am an American.
    No offense to any of my friends on this board but I COMPLETELY agree with Howie. Let's give him a chance. If we want to protest and tell him when he has done wrong we have a right to do that but stop with the violence(i.e Portland OR etc). Disagree and protest peacefully and keep an open mind. I made a mistake years ago of not giving people a chance and deeply regretted it. Please do not make that mistake. He has said he would keep the pre-existing condition portion of ACA so all we have to do is make sure he keeps the promise. I have no party either.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 11-11-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

We have no choice but to wait and see. He lost me a long time ago when he said McCain was not a war hero.

He lost me again when he mocked the disabled journalist.

He lost me when I heard him say his daughter is a piece of A$$, and that he will grab women by their genitals because he can.

He lost me when I learned he often did not pay his laborers.

He lost me when he disrespected the gold star family.

He lost me when he appointed a known anti Semite as a campaign manager, and now on his staff.

He lost me when he insulted honorable politicians in the primary.

He lost me when he did not calm down his supporters who chanted Lock Her Up, and in fact incited them.

He lost me when he incited racism against Obama and knew he was lying when he started the birther lie.

He lost me when he said the election is rigged and might not accept results if he lost.

He lost me when he said he knows more than the generals about Isis.

I could go on. The man is reckless, ignorant and without a moral center.

And the business about voting for HRC because she is female is baloney. I was prepared to vote for Kasich and for Bush over her, and they're not women.
    Last edited by BBS1951; 11-11-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funnylegs4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has said he would keep the pre-existing condition portion of ACA so all we have to do is make sure he keeps the promise.
    How do you propose we make sure? If he's lying we are unlikely to find out until it's too late.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

No need to wait until January to find out what he will do or how he will do it. Here is his First 100 Days Plan:

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451...first-100-days

Perhaps it should be amended to include his threat in the third debate to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary and put her in jail.

Yesterday, he Tweeted:

Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now, professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!

Apparently, he is unaware that we have a Constitutional right to protest, freedom of speech and assembly. If he had lost, what are the odds that his supporters would NOT protest? Slim and none. Of course, they would protest.

And what is a "professional protester?" Who is paying these thousands of protesters to swarm the streets?

If he really wants to unite us, then he should acknowledge that the majority of the popular vote did not go to him, and he should reassure those voters that he understands how they feel and that he will do his best to be the President to all Americans.

He is the least qualified person ever to run for the Office of the President. He doesn't have the slightest idea what is entailed in being the Leader of the Free World. Have you noticed that every President leaves office with extremely grey hair? There's a reason for that.

If I needed surgery, who would I choose to perform it? The most knowledgeable, experienced surgeon? Or the hospital janitor?

I want to have hope. I really do. He just doesn't inspire any within me.

Just the fact that he wants states to have full rein over Medicaid terrifies me. We recently went through the trauma of our county Medicaid program denying Jon his G Tube formula. His only form of sustenance. We had to fight for reinstatement, before his existing supply of formula ran out.

I don't want to wait to see what he does. I want to stop him from doing it, because our family will suffer tremendously with his proposed changes. The stress this is creating for me, the worry and fear in anticipation of loss of services and programs, our Medicare, our Social Security, is debilitating. Because, I'm an old woman, and I'm tired of fighting the System.

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose and others, I know from some personal experience during the Reagan years how very harmful a harsh political climate can be if you're disabled or in need of assistance that you've been led to believe will be there for you. The next 4 years could be a disaster.

A question has been raised recently, though, and maybe we should deal with it.

The moderators have been tolerant of these political posts, and I'm sure we're all glad to have had a chance to vent our opinions.

This board is open to people of all opinions, of course, but I've just been told by a former member here that we're too one-sided. We're said to be mean and to do too much Trump-bashing.

It is feared that nobody will want to be here unless they go along with a liberal agenda.

I don't think we have a liberal agenda but quite a few people who have been posting lately have tended to agree that they're upset about the election results.

But a couple of people who aren't upset have been freely posting their opinions as well. This doesn't strike me as meanness or a liberal agenda here.

I can't pretend I'm not upset.

I think of this board as a place where I can say what is on my mind. I hope that others will feel free to say what is on their mind--but be aware that there might be some who will disagree.

Knowing most people here for many years, I can almost guarantee that people here won't be unfair in voicing their opposing opinions. They will be calm and reasonable and will have a sense for when it's a good idea to back away from an argument.

This board may have discouraged some people but this is an extreme time. It's sad when long-term cordial relationships have to end but it looks as if that's the way it is.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

I am not concerned w people who are former members and are not here. I care about those who are here. I am willing to listen and to speak my mind. Gently, if possible.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Blog Entries

Hi Everyone,
    My suggestion would be to make sure he keeps his promises in all of the peaceful ways we have available to us. Peacefully protest, petition, write,call, and email the white house. Contact our representatives when laws are being proposed. That is our duty as citizens of a great country. Unfortunately it is pretty much a fact that people in politics lie in this country. The political posturing by Obama and Trump was hypocritical, but it seems that is the nature of politics.

Rose, you know I agree with you on many, many levels. However in regards to Trump’s tweet he is right about one thing and that is the fact that the violence in the protests is unfair and it has been proven on video tape that people have purposefully conspired violence against him and some have indeed been paid to do so. I saw no violence on this scale given in response to Bush or Obama and heck knows I hated Bush, so yes,yes exercise your rights but do not cause harm to others. You will get nowhere. No offense to you personally Rose!

Agate I agree that we need to make sure new posters do not feel they have to be a particular political opinion in order to post here. They have as much right as we do.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 11-11-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

9. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Dear sweet Ann, always the voice of reason. I agree with you. The picture is also me.

Now, I want to thank Cat, Agate, Rose, BBS and others for their post and insight which I completely agree with.

Cat, I hate to tell you this but it was in a news report that the charge of rape of the 13 year old against the orange one has been dropped. She reportedly has gotten death threats and has become too afraid for it to go through. Howie, just wanted you to know when a minor is involved there is no limit on the time when charges can be brought. The lady is now grown and had sued him. It has been in the Attorney General's office because they did not want to come out with it during the election. You may know this, but since you have not been quite as involved politically as some of us you may have missed some of this. And I do not in any way mean this to put you down or make you feel bad. Your views are as important as everyone else's on here, however it seems you have not been reading and listening as much as some of us. It has nothing to do with women verses men, it is just a difference in how we see this one thing.

Another thing I want to point out is while Hillary's ads were bad in the battleground states - they were mostly made up of words that were taken from his mouth and showed him saying the things we had all heard at his rallies. His ads, when they started, against her were often time outright lies. A big difference. But we didn't need the ads to help us make up our minds, not because she is a woman and he is a man, but because of the things he was saying. This orange man is a nut. She is at least a rational person who served two terms in the Senate and worked well with the Republicans as well as the Democrats. This in addition to being Secretary of State.

For those who talk about his children being so nice and what a nice family he has - I agree. However, here again, I would like to point out that his first wife was given complete custody of his 3 older children, so this would make one believe that, until they got older, they were taught their manners by her. The daughter by his second wife (the one that gets very little attention) was definitely brought up by her Mother.

Assuming he really is a billionaire, and I say this because we never did see his tax returns, obviously the children would become more a part of his life when they got older. There is obviously much to be inherited and now more than ever. Michael Bloomberg, former mayor of New York, who truly is a billionaire says that if the orange one runs the country physically the way he has his life then "God Help Us". His words. He has known him for 30 years. He said I am from New York and "I know a con when I see one". Again his words.

Now, Howie, I am through and we all care about you and your opinions. You are one of us, more than some of the rest of us. But I just could not let that remark about voting for President of the United States, the country where I was born and raised, hinged on a woman verses a man go by. We are all more intelligent than that.

THE ORANGE ONE DID NOT WIN IN VOTES - he only won the electoral college votes.

I am done.
    Last edited by Virginia; 11-11-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

To any members, current or former, new or old, and visitors/guests, who were/are offended by my posts in this thread, I apologize.

For nearly 50 years, I have been forced to be astutely politically aware, because of my sons' special needs. I have had to fight discrimination, budget cuts to programs vital to my sons' well being, and blatant denial of their civil rights. I am extremely sensitive to red flags portending the jeopardy of the programs and services upon which Jon depends to live a quality life in his own home. My opinions are strong, based upon my experiences.

Extremism on either side is unhealthy for our democracy. My prayer is that someday our elected officials will come together to compromise, rather than obstruct or threaten, for the benefit of all American citizens.

funnylegs4 ~ In my on line searches, I found one reference to paid protesters, a story repeated on very biased pro-Trump sites, not by major news outlets. Nine hours after P-Elect tweeted about paid protesters, he tweeted this:

Love the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!

That's politics!

“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.” ~ Edgar Allan Poe

We have just emerged from the most grueling, negative, bombastic 18 month election circus. We all need time to recover and to heal. A long road is before us.

Peace to us all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst 1234567891015355580105 ... LastLast