Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1234567813335378103 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all !

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now lets come together, and support the new President, and see what he can do for America.
    well, i happen to think that the PRESIDENT is supposed to support ALL americans and do what he can for us (promises are only good if you follow through).

but, i think it's going to be hard for him. he alienated me when he imitated the reporter who had a physical disability. having ts, a very visible syndrome, i was mortified that he could do that. add to that the alienation of a large segment of the black, hispanic, arabic (not all muslims are from the middle east and not all middle easterners are muslims. muslim is a religion, not a geographical location) and female population.

don't even get me started on his lack of knowledge about foreign and domestic policy. i just pray we can undo this damage in 2020, when i'm eligible for social security (and i hope it's still there)!

but i will choose to look at the positive side. i am healthy, my children are alive, i have my friends and my dogs and i have my faith.

thank you for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 11-09-2016 at 09:56 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

I'v felt for YEARS the electoral college should be done away with! The electoral college is a mess that is frankly rigged. I studied the electoral college and frankly was disgusted by that system. As for the disabled reporter remark I did not like that nor the incident with the kid with Cerebral Palsy. I did hear one disabled person say that while they did NOT agree with the kid getting removed they thought it was a sign that Trump was treating him like every other protestor which shows he respects that kid as a person and said they liked that Trump did not treat the disabled like pieces of glass but instead as real People who disagreed with him and said people getting so worked up over Trump's remarks is ableist/inspiration P#rn because it implies the disabled are too weak to defend themselves on their own which I thought was an interesting perspective. NOT my opinion just quoting/paraphrasing there!
    I do not think marriage equality or social security will end regardless of what Trump does.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

tic chick, I can't get behind this guy either. I can hope that there will be strong voices raised in opposition to some of his ideas and get behind those people.

I doubt that he can get away with doing much about Social Security though he might decide to declare war on the younger disabled people who are entitled to disability benefits through Social Security--except that President Reagan did that years ago, and so maybe it won't seem like a good idea to try that again.

He has said he will end Obamacare, and I don't like to think about what could happen to Medicaid or even Medicare.

Or HUD-subsidized housing. Or energy assistance or legal aid, though those programs have already been almost gutted for lack of funding.

And Sarah Palin (remember her?) might head the Dept. of Energy, which she intends to put an end to.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funnylegs4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I won't get into my personal politics here but wow what an historic election! I stayed up all night just to witness it!
    Me too...wow!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Cool

:) I went to bed at 2:30 and it was still undecided.

I do not like Trump but I am going to try to love him and pray that he changes a lot of his negative thinking.

The only thing I can do now is pray for our nation, our seniors, and our disabled that enough Congressmen will stand up for them. Jeanie :)
    ]

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm really rigid about sleeping. Nothing interferes with sleeping, and if I get off the schedule it's only by about an hour.

It's probably ridiculous but I have the notion that getting enough sleep is one of the keys to keeping MS under control. On days when I'm tired, everything is ever so much worse.

So I went to bed at the usual time on Tuesday. I might not have done that if I hadn't gone online to a site where the election results were being updated minute by minute and seen that the ballgame was pretty much over. There were 7 states still unsettled, but adding up the electoral votes I could see that there was no way that Hillary could win.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Agate, he has talked about privatizing SS in the past.

One of the things that bothers me about this man is that he appears to be brash and impulsive and doesn't stop to think things through. I heard a man on TV who co-authored his book "The Art of the Deal". He said he was sorry he did it. He had to follow Trump around and he said his attention span was short and that if he spoke for 5 minutes he had told 3 lies.

As far as the Senate and Congress slowing him down with more level heads - I am not so sure. Remember we are a one party system right now. They hold the majority in every way.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Thank you all. I am so glad I clicked on this thread. Reading it made me feel not so alone.
    It is scary to have a president elect who has reawakened the KKK and antisemitism.
    Take heart everyone....we really are "stronger together".
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog Entries

Just thought I would add, I thought the meeting between Trump and Obama in the White House was a very interesting dynamic given both men have sizable egos and very different opinions. It had to awkward for both. I doubt Social Security will end. I just had someone ask me if I was on SSD today LOL.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Here's an article about the Electoral College and the possibility of the president-elect being ousted on the basis of being unfit to be President:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/davidh..._12899016.html

This morning, I watched President Obama state that he and the president-elect had a good meeting. Elect said it was nice to meet President Obama, as he's never met him during the last 8 years (when he was questioning Obama's birthplace). On the campaign trail these past couple of weeks, President Obama has emphasized repeatedly that Elect is not qualified or fit to be President. Now, here they are acting like BFFs.

Then, a snippet from p-elect's acceptance speech, where he praised Hillary Clinton for her many years of service. This, after lambasting her during his campaign for her 30 years of public service, calling her corrupt, and declaring that in his first 100 days, he would appoint a special prosecutor to investigate her and put her in jail.

In her concession speech, Hillary swallowed her pride and told us to unite behind Elect and give him a chance.

A peaceful transition of power? This is politics. Hypocrisy.

On November 7, both sides loathed each other. On November 9, it's all peaches and cream in the Rose Garden.

Never mind what we said about him being unfit. Never mind about his campaign's connection to Russia. Never mind the terrible things he's said about nearly everyone or his obnoxious behavior toward minorities, women, persons with disabilities.

It's all sunshine and rainbows now.

I can't wrap my head around this. I can't forget who he is and what he's done, just because he won the Electoral College.

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” ~Maya Angelou

Finally, I fear for all of our social services with a one-party control of the Executive and Legislative branches, and eventually the Supreme Court. There will be no balance.

Sigh.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1234567813335378103 ... LastLast