Page 264 of 265 FirstFirst ... 164189214234254259260261262263264265 LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 2644

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the past few 4th of Julys I have not been out to any celebrations. I have enjoyed the celebration on the Mall in Washington. Now even that is being marred. The thought of DT standing with Generals, who have been ordered to be there, at his sides and tanks ruining the streets of Washington, is so abhorrent to me that it spoils what little bit of pleasure I might have gotten. He wants so badly to be a dictator that he just can't help himself. I find it depressing.
    He is imitating Putin’s type of parades. Hard to believe this is not a parade in Moscow instead of Washington.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Linda, that's just what went through my head too as I saw the tanks. How chilling.

A happy Independence Day to everyone! Some of our leaders may be wrapping themselves in the flag but it's still there for the rest of us.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

For anyone who feels up to reading, this is from today's New Yorker, entitled "Little Rocket Man"--about DT's July 4:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...term=TNY_Daily
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Late night reading . . .

Monday was a big day for both men. While Trump was doubling down on his controversial tweets, Epstein was attending his bail hearing. At the hearing, prosecutors revealed that the contents of a locked safe in Epstein’s Manhattan mansion allegedly includeddiamonds, cash — and a bogus and outdated passport with Epstein’s photograph, a different name and an address in Saudi Arabia.
    Coincidence? Maybe. But, really? What’s clear is that Trump wants to distance himself from Epstein, whom he knew socially, as photos have captured . In one instance, they were reportedly the only two male guests at a party attended by a bevy of young women. That’s a pretty intimate bromance.
    It’s also clear that the very private Epstein has received very special treatment despite his illegal activities, including the 2007 non-prosecution agreement negotiated by outgoing labor secretary Alexander Acosta, who on Friday agreed to step down after reports detailed his role in the sweetheart deal when he was a U.S. attorney in Miami.
    The bogus passport opens a Pandora’s box of questions. Who knows what Epstein was up to? Who else might be implicated? All those diamonds and cash suggest that Epstein was prepared to leave suddenly.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...see/ar-AAEqo3v

Distinguished Community Member

I was just on Face Book and DT had quite a lot of people on there, all standing around him while he pretended to listen and show sympathy. They were from Cuba, N. Korea, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and numerous other countries. He was making it look like he was going to help all of them. He would say "thank you, thank you, we will look into it" and the poor people who are so afraid of being sent back to their countries believed him (I guess). One lady said she was a holocaust survivor and was sorry to see that persecution was still taking place. I am not sure if she was complaining about this country or on behalf of all the other people standing around him. He was seated like some dictator while all these people were coming to him.

This man is sick. It was being filmed by ABC. I don't know if other networks were filming it or not. He is trying to distract, obviously from all that has been said since his latest tweets over the week-end.
    Virginia

9. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

He has it made, apparently. Every time things are getting too hot for him--if people are paying too close attention to the Muller report, or if Stormy Daniels or this latest woman, the advice columnist--is getting to look too believable, or if the voters are getting too close to those tax returns--he, being President, can drum up an Important Visit to a foreign country, shaking hands with the local tyrant or whatever, or some other distraction (the July 4 event, for instance), and bingo! Those pesky news stories drift off into nowhere.

11. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Let's all pray he does not get reelected. Jeanie :)

13. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

NBC has released a video of DT partying with Epstein among a gathering of young women circa 1992 at Mar-A-Lago. DT claimed today that he hadn't communicated with Epstein for 15 years, and that he wasn't "a fan" of Epstein.

Mueller is testifying next week. Pence was intensely ineffectual on his Detention Facilities Tour.

The House is struggling to deal with impeachment and now with declaring his Twitter attacks against "The Squad" as racist.

DT is a master detractor. "Look over here!" And the media does.

It seems to me that DT feels threatened as walls may be closing in on him and not the wall he claims he built on our border.

The slime can only slide off of him for so long. When he's out of office, he's fair game. Meanwhile, Congress should be focusing on changing the DOJ policy (not law, policy) stipulating that a sitting President can't be indicted. If ever a policy, not a law, was screaming for revision, this one is it.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

15. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

533 days until a new US President can be inaugurated.

I was thinking of getting one of those tickers for counting down the days but I don't know of any Website offering them that doesn't look a bit buggy. If anyone know of one that is good, I hope you'll speak up.

17. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

19. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 264 of 265 FirstFirst ... 164189214234254259260261262263264265 LastLast