Page 257 of 260 FirstFirst ... 157182207227247252253254255256257258259260 LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2591

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

funnylegs4 ~

Are you referring to Biden’s remark in 2006:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/13757367/n.../#.XIWlLXN7nwI

Or are you referring to Biden stopping himself from using an Indian accent during a 2012 speech?

https://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...t-comes-again/

I don’t think all politicians are “highly” flawed; some are far worse than others.

I wonder whether these people, who view DT as a savior, have thought about what Jesus would think of DT’s behavior and policies.

Would Jesus support tearing nursing babies from their mother’s breast and putting them in cages? Would Jesus support banning a certain group of people from traveling, solely on their religious beliefs? Would Jesus give all of the money to the rich, while the poor suffer? Would Jesus agree with DT that there are good people on both sides, after one side committed a heinous hate crime?

Jesus taught us the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” “Love thy neighbor.” “The least among us are the greatest.”

From where I’m sitting, I don’t see DT implementing any of those qualities, which Jesus taught us. I wonder how his followers can be so blind to DT being the antithesis of Jesus’ teachings. I don’t mean to be condescending. I’m just trying to understand what they see in him that is Christ-like. I’d take just one thing at this point, since I see nothing.

What about the 10 Commandments contained in those Bibles he signed? Hasn’t he violated all of them?

Even his charity is under investigation.

I just shake my head and wonder.

Meanwhile, DT said:

Donald Trump boasted Saturday that support for his presidential campaign would not decline even if he shot someone in the middle of a crowded street.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/23/polit...ort/index.html
    That certainly does not comport with my concept of Christianity.

As I said, some are far more flawed than others.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

funnylegs4 ~

Are you referring to Biden’s remark in 2006:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/13757367/n.../#.XIWlLXN7nwI

Or are you referring to Biden stopping himself from using an Indian accent during a 2012 speech?

https://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...t-comes-again/

I don’t think all politicians are “highly” flawed; some are far worse than others.

I wonder whether these people, who view DT as a savior, have thought about what Jesus would think of DT’s behavior and policies.

Would Jesus support tearing nursing babies from their mother’s breast and putting them in cages? Would Jesus support banning a certain group of people from traveling, solely on their religious beliefs? Would Jesus give all of the money to the rich, while the poor suffer? Would Jesus agree with DT that there are good people on both sides, after one side committed a heinous hate crime?

Jesus taught us the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” “Love thy neighbor.” “The least among us are the greatest.”

From where I’m sitting, I don’t see DT implementing any of those qualities, which Jesus taught us. I wonder how his followers can be so blind to DT being the antithesis of Jesus’ teachings. I don’t mean to be condescending. I’m just trying to understand what they see in him that is Christ-like. I’d take just one thing at this point, since I see nothing.

What about the 10 Commandments contained in those Bibles he signed? Hasn’t he violated all of them?

Even his charity is under investigation.

I just shake my head and wonder.

Meanwhile, DT said:

That certainly does not comport with my concept of Christianity.

As I said, some are far more flawed than others.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Hi Rose, I saw this one
    “In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”
    I saw it circulating all over in the last few days, especially on India and Hindu pages as people become more interested in 2020 elections. Both of these incidents rubbed my Hindu immigrant friends the wrong way. All I meant is no politicians are God and yeah some are worse than others of course. Thanks.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Changing topics again but Look at this craziness https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/st...81833124610050 it cheapens the idea of disability and my accessibly needs so it REALLY ticks me off. Nobody can just claim disability identity on a whim and she insulted pretty much every other minority too and erased their identities.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This could be good news but it very well might not be such good news--that Kirstjen Nielsen has resigned as National Security Adviser:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rome_extension
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Agate, I guess it depends on who gets her job. I think that is what you are referring to. If so, I agree.
    Virginia

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agate, I guess it depends on who gets her job. I think that is what you are referring to. If so, I agree.
    Yes, that is what I meant.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I read that DT fired her becasue she wanted to end taking the children away from their parents. That is part of what he meant by being “tougher”.

When will the Republicans stand up. They are all stained by association. History will not be kind to them.

What a lonely man who fears everything. Every day he tries to fill up his emptiness in his soul with drama, hate. But its never enough because only love can fill your soul.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

In March alone, there were 103,000 people detained for illegal crossing of the Mexico, US border. 9,000 of those were unaccompanied children. In the news this week.
    Last edited by Howie; 04-09-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

I've read that Steven Miller is a very close advisor of the president. The first time I saw that man, I commented to my husband that his eyes were empty, like he had no soul. They say "birds of a feather flock together."

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Very chilling guy. Very chilling bunch of people in power.

My son mentioned a friend of his who married a Taiwanese woman, and as soon as Trump got elected, they left, with their baby, for Taiwan, where they are staying and not eager to return to the US. This to me was jaw-dropping news at first--that anyone might be so perturbed by Trump's election that they would pack up and leave the country. Then I realized that if I'd been younger and healthier, I might have done that too.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 257 of 260 FirstFirst ... 157182207227247252253254255256257258259260 LastLast