Page 247 of 262 FirstFirst ... 147172197217237242243244245246247248249250251252257 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2618

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Angry

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Twitler doesn't know what a strike is. He prefers to call the government shutdown a "strike." And why is it OK for him to use obscenity in his speech but not for women to?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...cratic-leaders
    agate ~

Why is he allowed to be the President?

What more does he have to do to prove that he is unfit?

Also, today I discovered that 800,000 federal employees are impacted by the shutdown, between those, who are furloughed and those, who are working without pay. TSA agents are calling in sick. Way to make our airlines safer, eh?

We have a National Emergency. But it isn't in Mexico. It's in the Oval Office.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

As the government shutdown continues, more and more families will be hurt. Trump is nothing more than a spoiled child who wants his way and thinks he knows all.
    When he recently said that landlords should give renters a break during his shutdown, I wondered if he would give any of his own renters a "break" and absorb those costs himself, even though he could afford to. Most rentals have mortgages on them and, as in our case, are a large investment made to produce income for our living expenses in our senior years.

Even more alarming is the possibility of SNAP running out of money. Where is this man's empathy not only for Americans, but human beings throughout the world? He is soulless!
    This shutdown is nothing more than extortion! We are all his hostages. The world watches!
    The president continues to prove again and again that he is unfit for the job as leader of the people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.583f1bacc8e7

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.cc69745db2a0

P.S. Attn. Howie -- It may not even be possible to apply for SNAP benefits right now!

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've removed my earlier post here as the link wasn't good. The VA SNAP program has some expectable (standard) restrictions on what items you can buy in a store with them, as nuthatch points out in another post.

It's alarming that they're about to cut SNAP benefits. They were paid in January, but if they stop, I lose 1/8 of my income.
    Last edited by agate; 01-06-2019 at 09:19 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by clouds z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/ObamaMalik obama republican brother
    happy new year
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

8. The following user says "thanks"

i want to reaserch obamas shutdown of 13 days
    Every government shutdown — and how long they lasted

By Jason Silverstein

Updated on: January 4, 2019 / 1:12 PM / CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-is...g-they-lasted/
    Last edited by clouds z; 01-06-2019 at 04:24 PM.
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

10. The following user says "thanks"

Did anyone see Chris Wallace on Fox today? I taped him, and I have not seen it yet, but apparently he really let Sarah Sanders know that he knew the real facts about illegal immigrants coming across the boarder from Mexico. He had his facts all ready for her I think. I saw a little of it on FB and found it to be interesting how he seemed in that portion to call her out.

He also let her know that the majority of drugs that are coming in from everywhere and criminals from Mexico are actually flying in and being caught by TSA agents. So, now TSA agents are not being paid for their work. So even some Fox News host know the real truth. I don't know how far he went in the interview. I am going to watch it and find out. If he oversteps certain boundaries he will be in trouble with the head of that network - Rupert Murdock, big time contributor and supporter of DT.
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

I saw a news story about Chris Wallace interviewing Sarah Sanders, but I didn't read it. His dad is/was Mike Wallace, so he knows how to interview and get to the core of the issue. Still, he's on FOX, and our remote even rebels going there!

Now, DT is calling the shutdown a "strike." And he's said that he can relate to the federal government employees not being paid.

He hasn't even acknowledged the trickle down effect of these agencies being closed or understaffed. As agate mentioned, SNAP could be out of money by the end of this month.

When the SHUTDOWN starts affecting his base, maybe they will open their eyes to his treachery.

I wish that we could have a special election, where all Americans could vote on the Wall. A simple "Yes" or "No." Then, he couldn't say that the majority of us want his stupid Wall, regardless of what is used in its construction.

Ugh!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

I agree about a special election Rose. That would be a good idea.

The interview Chris Wallace did today was good. He was hard hitting, but hard hitting on both sides today. Also, he had a Congressman on as guest who was good. His panel was good today, not all right leaning. I think he would like to be fair and reasonable and probably believes that this shutdown is DT's shutdown.

We need to watch the new Congresswoman from Michigan. I can't remember her name, but she spoke very well and I felt was quite reasonable about what needs to be done as far as the country is concerned. There was a Republican Senator from Tennessee who is also new. He was more partisan than she was, but they both agreed that the two sides need to start sitting down more and getting to know each other the way it use to be. They agreed that they would go out for a drink, but then couldn't agree on what to drink.lol They finally settled on Michigan beer for her and Tennessee whisky for him.
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Now, will Congress please rescind the President's war powers so he can no longer unilaterally declare war on anyone?

Congress has allowed this power to rest exclusively in the hands of the President for far too long, since Bush.

It's time to require Congress to vote on this matter again. Especially now. This tempestuous President should not have this option.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Can't wait to hear the lies and exaggerations from the president tonight. Kelly Ann was in her usual nasty (I could describe it in more accurate terms, but I try not to talk like that!) form today with CNN reporter Accosta.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...nge/ar-BBRZkLZ

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 247 of 262 FirstFirst ... 147172197217237242243244245246247248249250251252257 ... LastLast