Page 246 of 265 FirstFirst ... 146171196216236241242243244245246247248249250251256 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 2647

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

According to the Washington Post, on November 2, 2018, DT had uttered 6,420 "false or misleading statements."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.438576e4a85d

In the almost 2 months since that tally, we all know that he has lied repeatedly. For example, he told Chuck and Nancy that he would "take the mantle" for the shutdown. We have the video to prove that he said that. Then, when he shut down the government, he blamed the Democrats.

During the campaign, he fired up his base with hateful rhetoric that the refugees from Mexico were "rapists and murderers." Once they were regurgitating that hateful message, he assured them that he'd protect them by building a wall, and Mexico would pay for the wall.

How many incarcerated refugees are rapists and murderers? Have any statistics been issued to substantiate his claim? Are infants and small children rapists and murderers? How about the two children (that we know about), who died in custody? Were they criminals too?

Mexico is not going to build his stinking wall. He wants $25 BILLION for this wall.

How much is it costing us, as taxpayers, to cage children and their parents?

What else could we do with $25 Billion that would actually benefit us? Repair our crumbling infrastructure? Address alternative fuels and clean up our oceans? Both of which would create jobs.

He promised that he would surround himself with only the "best people." Disregarding the fact that none of his Cabinet members are qualified for their positions, let's talk about some of those "best people." Manafort, Cohen, Papdapolous, Flynn ... And how many have abandoned ship or been fired? The list is extensive.

The daughters of the podiatrist, who gave DT the bone spurs deferment for Vietnam service, recently stated that their father did so as a favor to his landlord, Trump Sr.

With the shutdown, 44,000 Coast Guard are not being paid. He doesn't care. Why would he?

Seeing him with our troops in Iraq, which was absolutely a diversionary tactic since the heat is on DT, made me nauseous. How any Vet can shake his hand, after DT said that he deserved a medal for avoiding an STD during the Vietnam War, is beyond me.

No previous President has taken this long to visit our troops in foreign lands.

He didn't even visit the cemetery in Paris for our veterans on Veteran's Day, because it was raining.

He is a L I A R.

Next week, the newly elected members of Congress begin their stint. They have a giant mess confronting them. I pray that they are all up to the task and will be diligent on behalf of America and the world.

Let's keep our eyes on her:

Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 5.30.33 PM.jpg

Give me your tired,
    your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone remember that a proposal was taken to DT a long time ago that was bipartisan and offered him something like 20 billion for his wall in return for the safety of DACAs. He had said he would accept a proposal and when they took it to him he practically through them out. It was Schumer and some Republican that went to the WH after he had said that he would accept whatever they worked out. Anyone remember this?
    I could be wrong but I think I remember Trump offered to allow even more people to stay via DACA than the Democrats even suggested but than a small detail messed it up. They should have done that deal.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Funnylegs, HE should have done that deal when they carried it to him, but he did NOT do the deal. He wanted to say it was someone else's fault and get his base all riled up so he refused to take the deal. They gave him 1.3 billion in last funding bill for border protection and this administration has not even spent all of it.
    Virginia

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tic chick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hey all in the midst of your holiday season ,

clouds z:

clouds, first of all, chuck schumer is only called a dual citizen. he was not born in israel, but all people of jewish blood have a written "right to return" to the Holy Land with full rights of citizenship. some return, some don't. i have not been able to find any article that specifically says that schumer wants a wall for israel, but what does it matter? america has supported israel since 1948, republican and democratic presidents, militarily and financially!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel...ates_relations

i don't think most americans are against border security. what they really dislike is the idea of a "physical wall". yes, previous administrations have already put up partial fencing and walls along 700 miles of the 2000 mile border between the usa and mexico. trump has been all over the place on whether he wants a solid wall, a nice, tall fence with slats and pointed spears on top or concertina wire for the remaining 1300 miles. chuck schumer has been the senate MINORITY leader since 2017, before that it was harry reid. democrats have been the minority party in the house since 2011 and senate since 2014...almost 2 full years of total republican rule with trump as their fearless leader. of course, the house will belong to the democrats come jan. 2019. so, since trump has been president, all i remember are the 50+ votes to destroy obamacare. i don't remember ANY bills to build a wall being introduced by the repubs in the house or senate the last 2 years. that tells me that many repubs don't even want an overpriced physical wall whose cost has been in the range of $5B-23B. so, i think we can stop blaming schumer and the democrats for not giving trump his wall, when it's the repubs who have had the power to rule the usa the last 2 years. thank God there are still some moderate repubs who have their mental capacity intact. and lets not forget trump's promise, "MEXICO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE WALL."

it wold be nice if people would post facts from reputable websites to support their opinions, otherwise they are just opinions and we all know that saying about opinions.....

i think we should start worrying about all these children still separated from their parents and the 2 children that have died while under border patrol detention. children, not walls.

and i am getting tired of the mentally imbalanced trump, who keeps doing stupid things to change the negative news cycle about him. he went to iraq (after 2 years of not visiting troops), to get away from the news cycle of general mattis leaving because trump thinks he is smarter than a 20 year veteran general. as the mueller investigation goes on, who knows what he will do next to change the news cycle.

and this government shutdown, which trump said to schumer and pelosi that, "i will gladly wear the mantle for shutting down the government over border security", had a deal with the senate which he pulled out of because repub commentators told him he was getting soft on his promise for a wall. he says government workers support him. well, soldiers not getting paid, my daughter who works for the tsa and all of her co-workers, including one whose baby is due any day, do not support the shutdown. they live paycheck to paycheck, as do most government workers...well, congress is still getting paid. merry Christmas to them!

peace to this world in 2019. prayers for the democrats coming into the house of representatives that they can lead wisely.

and peace to all of you here, supporting each other for so long

jeannie (tc)
    Oh thank you Jeannie. You are truly a light in all this darkness.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
    -Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (2 Jan 1920-1992)

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Angry

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Today, DT announced that he will call a National Emergency to get his Wall built, "if I want to, I can."

Here is the definition of a National Emergency for the U.S.:

Duhaime's Law Dictionary

National Emergency Definition:
    A situation beyond the ordinary which threatens the health or safety of citizens and which cannot be properly addressed by the use of other law.

In the United States, powers were interpreted from constitutional documents to vest in the President to declare a national emergency. Unfortunately, no written criteria were developed nor were any safeguards developed to end a national emergency.

By 1976, in US v Bishop, the United States Court of Appeals, 19th Circuit, noted that on four occasions a national emergency had been invoked by the American President: 1933, 1950, 1970 and 1971. None had ever been revoked.

In 1976, a new National Emergencies Act ended all previous proclamations although not before the Court wrote:

"A national emergency must be based on conditions beyond the ordinary. Otherwise, it has no meaning. The power of the Soviet Union in world affairs does not justify placing the United States in a constant state of national emergency."

The United States Code (Title 42, Chapter 68, Subchapter I, 5122), now defines emergency and major disaster as follows:

"Emergency means any occasion or instance for which, in the determination of the President, Federal assistance is needed to supplement State and local efforts and capabilities to save lives and to protect property and public health and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe in any part of the United States.

"Major disaster means any natural catastrophe (including any hurricane, tornado, storm, high water, wind-driven water, tidal wave, tsunami, earthquake, volcanic eruption, landslide, mudslide, snowstorm, or drought), or, regardless of cause, any fire, flood, or explosion, in any part of the United States, which in the determination of the President causes damage of sufficient severity and magnitude to warrant major disaster assistance under this chapter to supplement the efforts and available resources of States, local governments, and disaster relief organizations in alleviating the damage, loss, hardship, or suffering caused thereby."
    The Wall does not meet the criteria for a National Emergency.

Moreover, there are many areas along the border, where a wall cannot be erected due to topography and private ownership of the land by established ranchers. Tiny detail.

An unending government shutdown, which DT is willing to continue until he gets his way, affects 450,000 federal employees, who are unpaid. It also affects contractors and other industries:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/04/5-in...-shutdown.html

A new Congress is in session. Let's see what they can do to stop this megalomaniac.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I heard him say in effect that he can do whatever he wants, it was bone-chilling.

I also heard him say something about using the right of eminent domain to take the property of citizens who own property along the border...
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

...and. People still think he is not a fascist...

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Our hope is in the courts if he does try to call a National Emergency because that is where it would end up. At least we no longer have Paul Ryan and Devin Nunez there to protect his every move. Nunez is there, but I don't think he can get away with what he did for the past two years.

Also, Pelosi is a fighter and right now someone he seems to have a mediocre of respect for. It will be interesting to see how long that lasts. I don't think she will back away from him, however I do think she will be willing to strike a deal to end this shutdown that is hurting people in this country. At age 78 she is a powerhouse.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Twitler doesn't know what a strike is. He prefers to call the government shutdown a "strike." And why is it OK for him to use obscenity in his speech but not for women to?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...cratic-leaders
    Last edited by agate; 01-05-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 246 of 265 FirstFirst ... 146171196216236241242243244245246247248249250251256 ... LastLast