Page 245 of 265 FirstFirst ... 145170195215235240241242243244245246247248249250255 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2647

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, how can someone who "KNOWS EVERYTHING" and is the only one who can "SAVE US" possibly blame himself for anything? Not that I have any love for Munchin, who used our tax dollars to fly all over with his new young wife.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm sure that every one of these people he's been firing so diligently were people he described as "great," "outstanding," maybe even people "I've known for years." It doesn't say a lot for his judgment about people if he keeps hiring all of these people he later feels he has to fire, does it?

The whole concept of just how bad his judgment is makes me feel like a shaky jello when I think of how much he can single-handedly get away with.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clouds z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Duel citizen chuck shcumer wants a wall for his isreal but for us nothing-i cant stand that man
    Exactly. I blame Schummer and Congress. Yes the reason we have any fencing on the border at all is because the Presidents and Congress people who came before Trump, wanted some kind of wall or some sense of physical security.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all in the midst of your holiday season ,

clouds z:
    Duel citizen chuck shcumer wants a wall for his isreal but for us nothing-i cant stand that man
    clouds, first of all, chuck schumer is only called a dual citizen. he was not born in israel, but all people of jewish blood have a written "right to return" to the Holy Land with full rights of citizenship. some return, some don't. i have not been able to find any article that specifically says that schumer wants a wall for israel, but what does it matter? america has supported israel since 1948, republican and democratic presidents, militarily and financially!

Two days later, on 14 May 1948, the United States, under Truman, became the first country to extend any form of recognition. This happened within hours of the Jewish People's Council gathering at the Tel Aviv Museum and David Ben-Gurion declaring "the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz Israel, to be known as the State of Israel". The phrase "in Eretz-Israel" is the only place in the Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel containing any reference to the location of the new State.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel...ates_relations

Quote Originally Posted by funnylegs4 View Post
    Exactly. I blame Schummer and Congress. Yes the reason we have any fencing on the border at all is because the Presidents and Congress people who came before Trump, wanted some kind of wall or some sense of physical security.
    i don't think most americans are against border security. what they really dislike is the idea of a "physical wall". yes, previous administrations have already put up partial fencing and walls along 700 miles of the 2000 mile border between the usa and mexico. trump has been all over the place on whether he wants a solid wall, a nice, tall fence with slats and pointed spears on top or concertina wire for the remaining 1300 miles. chuck schumer has been the senate MINORITY leader since 2017, before that it was harry reid. democrats have been the minority party in the house since 2011 and senate since 2014...almost 2 full years of total republican rule with trump as their fearless leader. of course, the house will belong to the democrats come jan. 2019. so, since trump has been president, all i remember are the 50+ votes to destroy obamacare. i don't remember ANY bills to build a wall being introduced by the repubs in the house or senate the last 2 years. that tells me that many repubs don't even want an overpriced physical wall whose cost has been in the range of $5B-23B. so, i think we can stop blaming schumer and the democrats for not giving trump his wall, when it's the repubs who have had the power to rule the usa the last 2 years. thank God there are still some moderate repubs who have their mental capacity intact. and lets not forget trump's promise, "MEXICO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE WALL."

it wold be nice if people would post facts from reputable websites to support their opinions, otherwise they are just opinions and we all know that saying about opinions.....

i think we should start worrying about all these children still separated from their parents and the 2 children that have died while under border patrol detention. children, not walls.

and i am getting tired of the mentally imbalanced trump, who keeps doing stupid things to change the negative news cycle about him. he went to iraq (after 2 years of not visiting troops), to get away from the news cycle of general mattis leaving because trump thinks he is smarter than a 20 year veteran general. as the mueller investigation goes on, who knows what he will do next to change the news cycle.

and this government shutdown, which trump said to schumer and pelosi that, "i will gladly wear the mantle for shutting down the government over border security", had a deal with the senate which he pulled out of because repub commentators told him he was getting soft on his promise for a wall. he says government workers support him. well, soldiers not getting paid, my daughter who works for the tsa and all of her co-workers, including one whose baby is due any day, do not support the shutdown. they live paycheck to paycheck, as do most government workers...well, congress is still getting paid. merry Christmas to them!

peace to this world in 2019. prayers for the democrats coming into the house of representatives that they can lead wisely.

and peace to all of you here, supporting each other for so long

jeannie (tc)
    Last edited by tic chick; 12-26-2018 at 10:16 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tic chick View Post
    hey all in the midst of your holiday season ,

clouds z:

clouds, first of all, chuck schumer is only called a dual citizen. he was not born in israel, but all people of jewish blood have a written "right to return" to the Holy Land with full rights of citizenship. some return, some don't. i have not been able to find any article that specifically says that schumer wants a wall for israel, but what does it matter? america has supported israel since 1948, republican and democratic presidents, militarily and financially!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel...ates_relations

i don't think most americans are against border security. what they really dislike is the idea of a "physical wall". yes, previous administrations have already put up partial fencing and walls along 700 miles of the 2000 mile border between the usa and mexico. trump has been all over the place on whether he wants a solid wall, a nice, tall fence with slats and pointed spears on top or concertina wire for the remaining 1300 miles. chuck schumer has been the senate MINORITY leader since 2017, before that it was harry reid. democrats have been the minority party in the house since 2011 and senate since 2014...almost 2 full years of total republican rule with trump as their fearless leader. of course, the house will belong to the democrats come jan. 2019. so, since trump has been president, all i remember are the 50+ votes to destroy obamacare. i don't remember ANY bills to build a wall being introduced by the repubs in the house or senate the last 2 years. that tells me that many repubs don't even want an overpriced physical wall whose cost has been in the range of $5B-23B. so, i think we can stop blaming schumer and the democrats for not giving trump his wall, when it's the repubs who have had the power to rule the usa the last 2 years. thank God there are still some moderate repubs who have their mental capacity intact. and lets not forget trump's promise, "MEXICO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE WALL."

it wold be nice if people would post facts from reputable websites to support their opinions, otherwise they are just opinions and we all know that saying about opinions.....

i think we should start worrying about all these children still separated from their parents and the 2 children that have died while under border patrol detention. children, not walls.

and i am getting tired of the mentally imbalanced trump, who keeps doing stupid things to change the negative news cycle about him. he went to iraq (after 2 years of not visiting troops), to get away from the news cycle of general mattis leaving because trump thinks he is smarter than a 20 year veteran general. as the mueller investigation goes on, who knows what he will do next to change the news cycle.

and this government shutdown, which trump said to schumer and pelosi that, "i will gladly wear the mantle for shutting down the government over border security", had a deal with the senate which he pulled out of because repub commentators told him he was getting soft on his promise for a wall. he says government workers support him. well, soldiers not getting paid, my daughter who works for the tsa and all of her co-workers, including one whose baby is due any day, do not support the shutdown. they live paycheck to paycheck, as do most government workers...well, congress is still getting paid. merry Christmas to them!

peace to this world in 2019. prayers for the democrats coming into the house of representatives that they can lead wisely.

and peace to all of you here, supporting each other for so long

jeannie (tc)
    Believe me I place just as much blame on the Republicans. The Congress, Republicans definitely included, are a bunch of lazy good-for-nothings who could have fixed this YEARS ago before Trump came to power and before any children died. My heart breaks for the children as those kids are precious valuable lives who have been lost. The children did not choose any of this and are completely innocent, and some form of border security may be one of the ways we can stop these needless deaths. The Congress should not be paid during govt shutdowns. If the Congress were not paid during shutdowns they would have actually done their jobs before it got to this point. The fact that Congress is getting paid is probably what angers me the most. Trump could have also addressed the border wall a few budgets ago instead of at the end of the year like this.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

11. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Does anyone remember that a proposal was taken to DT a long time ago that was bipartisan and offered him something like 20 billion for his wall in return for the safety of DACAs. He had said he would accept a proposal and when they took it to him he practically through them out. It was Schumer and some Republican that went to the WH after he had said that he would accept whatever they worked out. Anyone remember this?
    Virginia

13. The following 7 users say "thanks"

I remember, Virginia.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

15. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think I remember too, though DT has changed his mind so many times and contradicted himself so often that it's like sinking in quicksand must be.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

17. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Yes. This isnt about the wall This is about strong arming people to save his ego, not for some lofty principle.

What ever happened to, “And Mexico is going to pay for it?” I just shake my head in disbelief...such hatefulness

19. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 245 of 265 FirstFirst ... 145170195215235240241242243244245246247248249250255 ... LastLast