Page 244 of 262 FirstFirst ... 144169194214234239240241242243244245246247248249254 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2618

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hello and greetings during this holiday season!

well.

i would love to weigh in on this discussion at this point. this meeting certainly showed why pelosi should be re-elected as house majority leader. schumer looked like the cat that ate the canary when he got trump to say that "i will take this mantle on myself and say that we should shut the government down for the reason of border security." trump displayed a lack of knowledge of how important pelosi is, meaning, he kept talking about how he has the votes in the house for the border wall, but he's worried about 10 democrats in the senate whose minds he would have to change on a border wall. pelosi said he didn't have the votes, trump kept saying he did. seriously? with a democratic majority in the house, he doesn't see that no democrats would vote to spend money on a useless, overpriced border wall. the house of representatives is where all bills originate and are initially voted. then they go to the senate for voting. if the house doesn't pass legislation, it's not going anywhere.

i think pelosi was trying to save the president from embarrassment, given his lack of knowledge of facts and she said as much. trump said the wall would cost about $5 billion! where is he getting his facts? this is why pelosi wanted privacy. she wanted to see where trump got his numbers and what the real numbers are. a wall is only part of border security.

and pence was completely useless. doesn't he know the facts? he's 2nd in charge and this is his posture (click on pic to enlarge):

elf on a shelf.jpg

michael cohen, trumps former attorney, has received 3 years in prison from the state court, nothing to do with the mueller investigation and the company that owns the national enquirer has admitted that it killed the story of the affair trump had with karen mcdougal, the playboy model that was in love with trump, in order to quash the negative publicity it would have given trump during his presidential campaign. so that does bring the crime right up to the wreath covered door of the white house.

also, the new attorney general of new york state says she is starting an investigation into the trump businesses there. plus 16 people in positions or former positions in trump's white house have hidden the fact that they talked with russians, even though they said it was perfectly "okay" to do so. then why hide it? this nothing burger of an investigation has turned into a whopper. i see a video in my mind of dominoes falling. they fall in a straight path for awhile, then they branch out into several paths with dominoes falling in various patterns. the finale happens after the dominoes go back to a straight line and branch out again, all at the same time and all falling and stopping falling at the same time. this is the trump presidency.

it gives a person pause when they read the daily developments of this investigation.

i wish you all a peaceful holiday season and prayers for a world gone awry.

thank you all for sharing,
    jeannie (tc)

here is the whole video for your perusal:
    Last edited by tic chick; 12-12-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

truth tellers -- guardians of truth, fact...the press. It's essential to have a free and unfettered press if we're going to continue to be a democracy. So having the press in there, witnessing the debacle between the "leaders of the free world", really was interesting...

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Free palestine for christmas
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Duel citizen chuck shcumer wants a wall for his isreal but for us nothing-i cant stand that man
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

8. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

a lot of people need to think about this . . .
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ies/ar-BBRgiLD

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

nuthatch ~ I agree with you. We all need to think about this, particularly at the holidays.

Meanwhile, the government is about 3 hours away from a shut down, thanks to the petulant, incompetent, sadistic, narcissistic resident of the Oval Office. Last week, he told Schumer and Pelosi that he would "take the mantle" for the shutdown. This week he's blaming the Democrats.

What a great present to give federal employees right before Christmas. Furlough or work, they still won't be paid. The shut down also affects contractors, who work for the government.

And then there's the removal of our troops from Syria, which plays right into Putin's hand.

And General Mattis has had enough.

And Justice Ginsberg just had two malignant tumors removed from her lung with a lobectomy.

And the stock market is going bonkers.

Just another day in America.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by earth mother 2 angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((hugs to all)))))) ~

nuthatch ~ i agree with you. We all need to think about this, particularly at the holidays.

Meanwhile, the government is about 3 hours away from a shut down, thanks to the petulant, incompetent, sadistic, narcissistic resident of the oval office. Last week, he told schumer and pelosi that he would "take the mantle" for the shutdown. This week he's blaming the democrats.

What a great present to give federal employees right before christmas. Furlough or work, they still won't be paid. The shut down also affects contractors, who work for the government.

And then there's the removal of our troops from syria, which plays right into putin's hand.

And general mattis has had enough.

And justice ginsberg just had two malignant tumors removed from her lung with a lobectomy.

And the stock market is going bonkers.

Just another day in america.

love & light,

rose
    but didnt the democrats agree 30 years ago that a wall would be built or some fence?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico...States_barrier as of 2009 usa had one forth of the fence in place
    Last edited by clouds z; 12-24-2018 at 09:11 AM.

AT least TRUMP is getting us out of the middle east unless hes got some trick up his sleeve with that Israel-I USED to like them but now almost no likes for them,yet maybe im a little jewish 1% Polish type

this muslims tweets are thought provoking https://twitter.com/Partisangirl

Merry Christmas
    Last edited by clouds z; 12-24-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    truth tellers -- guardians of truth, fact...the press. It's essential to have a free and unfettered press if we're going to continue to be a democracy. So having the press in there, witnessing the debacle between the "leaders of the free world", really was interesting...
    ha ha free press?theyve always lied

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...ghty_Wurlitzer In 1967 the magazine "Ramparts" ran an expose revealing that the Central Intelligence Agency had been secretly funding and managing a wide range of citizen front groups intended to counter communist influence around the world. In addition to embarrassing prominent individuals caught up, wittingly or unwittingly, in the secret superpower struggle for hearts and minds, the revelations of 1967 were one of the worst operational disasters in the history of American intelligence and presaged a series of public scandals from which the CIA's reputation has arguably never recovered.

CIA official Frank Wisner called the operation his "mighty Wurlitzer," on which he could play any propaganda tune. In this illuminating book, Hugh Wilford provides the first comprehensive account of the clandestine relationship between the CIA and its front organizations. Using an unprecedented wealth of sources, he traces the rise and fall of America's Cold War front network from its origins in the 1940s to its Third World expansion during the 1950s and ultimate collapse in the 1960s.

so obama locked up 100 witsleblowers and trump none and trump is repressive?how so?
    Last edited by clouds z; 12-24-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

And now DT is thinking about firing Minuchin, secty of treasury , blaming him and Powell for stock market plummeting. Blame anyone but himself....for everything.

17. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 244 of 262 FirstFirst ... 144169194214234239240241242243244245246247248249254 ... LastLast