Page 240 of 269 FirstFirst ... 140165190210230235236237238239240241242243244245250 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2686

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

One of the first qualities I look for in a potential Presidential candidate is whether that individual is smarter than I am. With a few exceptions, I feel that the majority of our Presidents have met that criteria. I’m not a Rhodes Scholar or a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon. So the bar isn’t that high.

But the current occupant of the White House just keeps dropping lower and lower under that bar.

During his visit to California to view the devastation of the Paradise fire, DT said that the President of Finland told him that his country “rakes the forest.” Not to mention, “other things.”

Finnish President Sauli Niinisto says that he recalls telling DT “we take care of our forests.” Apparently, DT heard, “we rake our forests.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.78bbb9a5e6fb

The size of the Paradise burn so far is equivalent to the size of Rhode Island. California is larger than many countries worldwide, including Finland.

Rake that, DT.

And since the majority of these “forests” are owned by the federal government, how about if DT hands out rakes to federal employees to rake our forests in California? Put our tax dollars where your raking mouth is, DT.

DT was standing between Gov. Brown and Gov.-Elect Newsom, when he uttered this incoherent nonsense. It was difficult to discern whether they were nauseated or were about to burst into hysterical laughter. Both of them are seasoned politicians and understand decorum. So, they stifled whatever they were feeling.

Good thing I wasn’t there. The Secret Service would have me in detention right now.

Please continue to pray for containment of the fires, and for the victims, with now over 1,300 people listed as missing, and for our very worn out firefighters and other first responders.

Nuthatch ~ I’m praying for your daughter and family that they will remain safe and won’t have to evacuate.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The leader of the free world must have been sleeping through geography classes in school--where they talk about climates in various parts of the world.

Maybe he was in the back row where the teacher couldn't see him, planning to build hotels when he grew up while she nattered on about how distance from the equator matters in terms of the climate a country has. Or maybe he was thinking about running a beauty pageant. Whatever he was doing, it wasn't listening. Or looking into the textbook. Or at the map.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member

https://www.upi.com/amp/Top_News/Wor...2301542635377/

peace in yemen? that obama wouldnt try?
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The leader of the free world must have been sleeping through geography classes in school--where they talk about climates in various parts of the world.

Maybe he was in the back row where the teacher couldn't see him, planning to build hotels when he grew up while she nattered on about how distance from the equator matters in terms of the climate a country has. Or maybe he was thinking about running a beauty pageant. Whatever he was doing, it wasn't listening. Or looking into the textbook. Or at the map.
    I read Michelle’s book and watched just a tiny bit of the Frontline new documentary about the rise of fascism in this country. I think I am making a huge and dangerous mistake when I respond to trump with thoughts of how stupid and uncouth and generally disgusting he acts. I think there is a well developed strategy to every little thing that is said. He is a loose cannon with a mouth that is uncontrolled by any moral restrictions but he is the mouthpiece of larger forces. He is not alone.

While we focus on every outrageous thing he says the country is really in trouble. In the Frontline (PBS) documentary the brave reporter found that one of the most powerful fascist groups in the country ( that’s THIS country) is actively recruiting within the US military. I don’t know what to say but I am determined to pay attention. Oh gosh.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog Entries

It's horrifying. One small consolation is that he didn't win the popular vote, and there has to be a large segment of the population that will oppose him and his loyal base.

Maybe the country should just bumble along through the rest of his term (and hope he won't be re-elected!), let him be the Buffoon-in-Chief, and proceed with running the government --while ignoring him.

He seems to be the kind of person who has to be the center of attention. It might bring out the worst in him, if he finds he's not getting the media coverage he craves, if his tweets go unnoticed and his announcements don't bump other news into the background. I hope that being at his worst doesn't mean he can do still more damage. I'm hoping that being ignored will cause him to behave more and more unacceptably--and lose much of his support. Maybe it's a case of giving him enough rope to hang himself.

The other day a CNN commentator--I think it was Bob Woodward--said that the President seems to be unravelling....

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, the only problem is in my opinion he has been unravelling for a long time.

Now even Supreme Court Justice Roberts feels the need to rebuke him, but not his base. Something really is terribly wrong and I didn't see what Linda saw, but I know it and many do. No one just knows what to do about it.

We put our hopes in Mr. Mueller, but can he really pull anything substantial enough out, to get rid of this "want to be dictator"? I am not so sure since DT has so far gotten away with everything he does. Mueller may know a lot, but bringing it before anyone who can and will do anything about what he knows is another thing.

The Republicans who are in power are totally spineless when it comes to DT.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Virginia, in one respect, I think one of the problems is all the leaking to the media.

If they don't feel they can have private conversations about their concerns and explore potential contingency plans or protections without the media putting it on blast, I fear that they aren't doing what they need to do because they don't want the media outing their thoughts.

I really wish the media wouldn't act like a gossip column sometimes. It only gets exaggerated, and I'm sure everyone has become paranoid which would affect their thinking and planning when they constantly have to wonder what it would 'look' like if their honest feelings were exposed.

It just seems to make everything much more 'political' than 'patriotic'.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I never realized that holiday decorations in the White House were such a big deal. I knew there was always a national Christmas tree but it turns out that--this year at least--the White House has many Christmas trees, including 45 all-red ones.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.18b0b44df620

I'm no expert on what is appropriate for holiday decorations but would like to know what others think.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

How many First Ladies have led us through a tour of the White House Christmas decorations over the decades? All of them were gracious, elegant, and articulate. The decorations were tasteful and reflective of regions in our nation.

I thought that Michelle Obama's decorations were the warmest, coziest, most "homey" of any other First Lady's choices. I also loved her Halloween and 4th of July decorations for military families.

The current person holding the title of First Lady simply cannot compete with her predecessors. Melania is married to a businessman, not a politician, and she doesn't have a clue about protocol or decorum in her role. Her husband is the worst President in the history of our country. She is pretending to be FLOTUS. Like she pretends to want to hold his hand in public now.

For a model, her taste in clothes is either boring, sterile or offensive (the famous jacket and pith helmet come to mind). She has two expressions. When she attempts to smile, her eyes are so vacant, it's apparent that she feels nothing. No warmth emits from her ever. Cold as ice. Almost robotic.

It is no surprise to me that her White House decorations are dreadful.

The red trees are ironic given the entire Russian investigation. Of course, red is the Republican color.

But, what I see when I look at that long line of stark red trees is the blood shed by the victims of mass shootings. And citizens, who will die without heath insurance. And migrants, who are confronting our military at the border, as soldiers throw tear gas and are ready to shoot them on sight.

I see our hemoorhaging nation under the rule of an illegally elected dictator.

I see the color of anger and hatred.

Let's see what January 2019 brings. We're ready for a major House cleaning. And those red trees can be recycled into mulch for the Rose Garden.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I'm not sure they would be much good as mulch. They're styrofoam cones into which workers had to stick lots and lots of red berries. I'm not sure what the red berries are made of but my guess is that they're not real berries.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...er/2160687002/

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 240 of 269 FirstFirst ... 140165190210230235236237238239240241242243244245250 ... LastLast