Page 239 of 269 FirstFirst ... 139164189209229234235236237238239240241242243244249 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 2686

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I can borrow a nickname someone else used on the Internet, maybe the Twitler has written California out of the United States? A sort of involuntary secession?

He seems to be all-powerful, with his executive orders.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I can borrow a nickname someone else used on the Internet, maybe the Twitler has written California out of the United States? A sort of involuntary secession?

He seems to be all-powerful, with his executive orders.
    Bet Devin Nunes is sad that he doesn't have his BFF's support there.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Well said Rose.

For now on, I refer to this Orange Menace as TIC, Twitter In Chief.

Rose, did you catch the news on all of the disenfranchised absentee voters in FL and Ga? Claiming the signatures don’t match? Former Dem Congressman from FL, Patrick Murphy wrote an op ed. His vote was rejected due to the signature.
    And the absentee votes found in a mail storage facility, undelivered?

Distinguished Community Member

Good post Rose, but I would not only call him incompetent, but also stupid. Everyone who has watched anything at all about these fires, knows that California is in severe drought and dry as a bone. Just a spark can ignite a fire that cannot be stopped. But he has to blame the Forest Management. That goes beyond incompetent.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Let's just shorten it to "Twit in Chief."

Here is an excellent description of how the California fires occurred, with emphasis on the fact that forest management had nothing to do with them. Also, the president of the Firefighters union told him he was wrong and described the burning areas as "urban interface."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b044bbb1a6ec18

Be sure to watch the video. Very educational and informative.

So far, celebrities, who lost their homes, include: Neil Young/Darryl Hannah, Gerard Butler, and Miley Cyrus/Liam Helmsworth. Not that their homes are more important than non-celebrities, but our society tends to worship celebrities, so they get the limelight.

I have been impressed by the number of residents, whose homes burned down, who return to their neighborhoods to help others. I watch the news coverage, and I just weep.

Yes, Sunshine, I am aware of the vote controversy in FL and GA, and it's not surprising. Remember the "hanging chads" after the Bush/Gore election? Two wars later, we know how that turned out. Just think, if Gore, who won the popular vote, had rightfully become President, climate change would have been top priority. California might not be burning down right now.

Of course, the Twit in Charge, declared that the recount must stop, and Scott and DeSantis should be installed in their new positions. Democracy Schmockcracy ~ he doesn't care! Gimme what I want! ME ME ME ME! I'm in charge! I'm the Emperor! Gah!

He makes it so very difficult for me not to incur bad karma!

We're 60 miles from the Woolsey fire, but our skies are smokey. I can no longer smell fire, so perhaps I'm getting used to it. Santa Ana winds are expected to descend upon us again this week. It will be a long time, before it gets better.

Virginia, I think DT knows that California doesn't want him and his trophy wife or phony baloney children pretending to care about us and making a visit. He'd probably schedule a few rallies, while he was here.

There is only one place he belongs: in a 5'x5' cell, behind wrought iron bars, wearing a suit to match his skin tone.

Then, and only then, will we have a chance to heal our country and destroy everything he has created.

EVERY VOTE COUNTS!

OH, and on Veterans Day, DT stated during his "waiting to board the helicopter press conference," that he blamed Obama for ruining our military. He said "I will never forgive him."

Let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Well said Rose.

I was recalling your lost absentee ballot in the primaries. This problem in Florida with missing absentee ballots shows it wasn’t paranoid to wonder if it was thrown out or sitting in a post office utility room.

In the future, like this time, I will move mountains to vote in person, not on line, and not vis snail mail.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Angry

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

He's coming to California tomorrow.

Fires are still blazing. Roads are closed. People are without power. Without their homes. At least 63 people are confirmed deceased, with 631 missing. Thousand Oaks is burying their loved ones murdered in the Borderline Bar massacre. Our resources are stretched beyond their limit, but he's going to bring in his brigade, where everything revolves around him.

After he blamed us for these fires. He doesn't even understand that the majority of the land is federally owned, so it's up to the feds to manage these forests.

What is he going to throw at us? Paper towels won't work. Bottles of water or hose nozzles?

Stay Home! We don't want you here!

Send us the money being spent on your photo op, pretend to now care about us, trip. We can use it to rebuild Paradise.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

9. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well said Rose.

I was recalling your lost absentee ballot in the primaries. This problem in Florida with missing absentee ballots shows it wasn’t paranoid to wonder if it was thrown out or sitting in a post office utility room.

In the future, like this time, I will move mountains to vote in person, not on line, and not vis snail mail.
    I would NEVER trust voting online!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose, if you're very lucky, he may arrive with blueprints for a special new hotel with his name on it--maybe to house those who find themselves homeless because of the fire? Something modest like this maybe?

i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I always liked Joe Biden, but like him even more now. I just read that he adopted a dog from the humane society in Delaware. Good for Joe and Jill!
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 239 of 269 FirstFirst ... 139164189209229234235236237238239240241242243244249 ... LastLast