Page 193 of 262 FirstFirst ... 93118143163183188189190191192193194195196197198203223243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2618

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member

Mueller is moving in. Now the guy who is the financial advisor for all trump monies, both corporate and private, and who has done his taxes. And at least two more women coming forward who claim to have been paid off to keep.silent prior to 2016. I wonder how much melania is being paid to stay there....

Cat, let's hope Mueller is moving in before Rosenstein is impeached. I think Melania is probably getting quite a bit out of this. Her prenup probably reads that if she stays with him for 20 years or until death that she will get a larger portion of his money. It may be worth her while, but it wouldn't be mine. She knew what she was getting, so obviously she thought it worth her while and think of how quickly she had Baron after they got married. She was securing her place I think.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

My guess she stays so Baron won’t have unsupervised visit time with his father.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

More than one reporter has described their life in the white house -- Melania has her own "suite" in the family section of the white house, including a separate bedroom. Days go by between times they see each other. Her parents live in the area, and she and barron spend their time there.

So we're now talking about conspiracy, obstruction, collusion, treason.... lots of ways to get rid of him, one of these days....

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

She has family from and in Slovenia and is hoping that some or all of them can enter the US or stay here. That hope may have something to do with her reasons for staying with him. Quite a number of her relatives are already dependent on Trump's good will:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.a1942389ebd7

Melania can't break with him except if she wants to risk losing the lifeline several close relatives now have. She's in a very sad spot.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

enuf of the soap operas -stick to poloitics
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Did you all see that ivanka closed down her fashion line....you know, the make-america-great-again by buying-my-clothes-made-in-china? Such hypocrisy. The whole family is corrupt. She and her husband intend to spend time as "consultants" for her father. ..they don't appear to know any more about running the government than he does. And then there's the other son who seems just fine with bringing his mistress to.the white house. It's as if we're in the middle of a reality series that is an ugly remake of The Sopranos". At least in the fictional series there were flashes of humor. Nothing funny going on here.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I first heard he was thinking of running for President, I realized I knew almost nothing about him. All I knew was that his name was quite often the one I'd been seeing screaming at me in headlines in those tabloids that were always prominently displayed at the checkout line in supermarkets--along with "news" about Elvis sightings and whatever the royals in the UK were up to and other celebrities' outrageous scandals. Trump's name was one of the most commonly seen. Was there a Marla in his life, then Ivana? They were in the headlines with him.

This was how he must have been spending many years--providing headlines for the tabloids. He seems to enjoy becoming known and powerful, and probably enjoyed and even cultivated the tabloid publicity.

He has availed himself of the possibilities of the twitterverse by seeing to it that it's always and forever all about him, with his constant attention-grabbing tweets. The public is easily distracted and has a short attention span. Those children being detained at the Mexican border? Whatever has been happening to them has been put on a back burner while His Orange Dazzle overshadows everything else: a meaningless "summit" with Putin where nobody knows what went on, the threat (promise?) of another probably equally meaningless summit with Putin, then the postponement of that plan, and on and on.

And oh yes--whoopee! The North Koreans have sent back the remains of some US servicepeople killed in the Korean War as "evidence" of their good faith and reliability and good will. Of course Kim Jong Un will dismantle the nuclear weaponry! He said he would, didn't he? And anyone can plainly see, now that those remains have been shipped back with much pomp and ceremony, that he's a man of his word....
    Last edited by agate; 07-29-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was there a Marla in his life, then Ivana? They were in the headlines with him.
    Donald's wives: Ivana (#1), Marla (#2), and Melania (#3).
    Numerous affairs.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

ivanka was the first wife. While married to her, he cheated with Marla, (and likely others). He married marla, , then cheated on her with Melania (and again, others who are coming forward), then married Melania.

Before he became president he was indeed in the headlines a lot: he and his father made the news when they denied black people housing in some of their buildings. He was in the headlines again when he bought a beautiful old building in New York, promised to reserve some of the classic architectural features, then when the museum who was to get them didn't get them immediately, he smashed the features to dust, cleared them out, and put in his own tacky crap. He actually has never built anything..only buys and sells stuff..and most recently, sells his name to stuff...and then sues left and right when he chooses. He has cheated many small businessmen, by ordering their products, having them delivered, then not paying the bills. He has hired illegal immigrants from Northern Europe to work on some of his buildings...then, because they were illegal and wouldnt' turn him in, cheated them of the wages they were promised. He has destroyed mens lives and treated women like cattle.

So yes, all this was in the tabloids all the time. People either didn't notice (which is bad), or noticed but didn't care (which is infinitely worse). "Oh, let's get someone new in there!! A businessman!! Let's see what he can do!!" Now we know. He can destroy our country, weaken our democracy, threaten the lives of children, disabled people, elderly people.... There are still 40% of people who claim to support him. I hope they enjoy their time in the swamp with him...
    Last edited by Catdancer; 07-30-2018 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Directed order of wives..

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 193 of 262 FirstFirst ... 93118143163183188189190191192193194195196197198203223243 ... LastLast