Page 183 of 265 FirstFirst ... 83108133153173178179180181182183184185186187188193213233258 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2647

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sunshine ~

I remember reading that Atlantic article in 2016. I thought then that The Atlantic was preaching to the choir, because I strongly doubt that DT supporters read The Atlantic. And if they did, they would call it Fake News and claim that all of the examples were fabricated.

Cat ~

Amen to every word you wrote! Every day, all day and night, I have to remind myself that I am a pacifist and that karma can be a B***h to stop me from wishing ill upon him. I pray for impeachment, a guilty verdict and a long prison term. I don't think that it is bad karma for me to want DT to get everything that he deserves.

Virginia ~

What is amazing is that Cat speaks for 78% of Americans (according to Michael Moore, who is finishing a new film, Fahrenheit 11/9, for release in September before mid-terms). We have to motivate those 78% to VOTE! If the Democrats win the majority in Congress, hopefully, things will start happening.

Also, Mexico elected a leftist President today. That should be interesting ...

ANN ~

Cheney is still evil, and he always will be evil. He and Donnie Bonespurs should be sharing a jail cell.

Here's an editorial from the Capital Gazette:

http://www.capitalgazette.com/opinio...630-story.html

Finally, I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Mike and our Moderators for allowing us to vent our spleens here in this thread, which is now 183 pages long. I am grateful that we are able to join together in our despair and fear to help us cope with this crisis in our country. We aren't able to march and carry signs, so this thread is our protest march.

Dissent is patriotic.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 07-02-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

6506FA70-A43E-47C8-AB8C-C612FA21F284.jpg

This is circulating on line.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Did anyone notice today the Senate Intelligence Comm. released a report that says that the Russians did meddle in our 2016 elections in order to help DT and hurt Hillary Clinton. It seems almost overlooked. This is one that I had stayed on my Senator about - Burr, Republican, but he came through on this part anyway. I am not sure how many times I have written or called. They said the intelligence agencies were correct and that it did not hinge on the Steel Dozier because that has been unproven.

I wish more would come out about it and that more people would talk about it. The House Intel Comm. was a sham because of Devin Nunes, but the Senate has done a pretty good job so far. They say they are still investigating and will put out more information as they have it.
    Virginia

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Angry

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sunshine ~

I hope that goes viral and wakes up Americans to the impending doom and the stark similarity of Hitler's rise to today's reality.

And, who did the Nazis come for first? People with disabilities:

https://www.ushmm.org/collections/bi...h-disabilities

The current resident of the Oval Office has made it explicitly clear that he loathes people with disabilities. As you pointed out in the Atlantic article ~ even within his own family.

Virginia ~

Thank you for the update, which I hadn't heard today. Here's WaPo's article about the committee's findings thus far:

https://www.ushmm.org/collections/bi...h-disabilities

What would it take to declare the 2016 election illegal? Do we need more than Russian meddling, a nice word for conspiring? How is this not undeniable treason? How many ducks do we need in that row to get him out of office?!?!

Isn't DT meeting Putin for some kissy-face, er, summit of some sort? What are they going to discuss? They'll be fist bumping and patting each other on the back, because they pulled it off.

I'm losing faith and hope. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to hold onto them? I also think I need a primal scream, because I've been pushing it down for 18 months. If I could, I would drive to the desert and howl for hours. I've never done that. But it sounds like a good idea, except that it will be 120 degrees in the desert this week.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

There won't be any way to legitimately "redo" the 2016 election. The best we can hope for is to illuminate the fact that Russia did meddle, and educate people about how, why, and what to look for, before 2020. There IS hope that Trump will be impeached. Remember, though, that impeachment in and of itself does not mean he leaves the oval office. Clinton was impeached....and completed his term with an approval rating higher than when the impeachment hearings started.

Trump has to be impeached by the house, then convicted by the senate. Then he is thrown out of office. But that doesn't mean he will necessarily go to jail. The charges against him may or may not be criminally prosecuted. He could just slink off to his gold tower and start up the tv show he was planning before he got accidentally elected president.I

So it's important....crucial..that we get out the vote. We have to vote, get our family to vote, get our friends to vote, help people vote who can't get to the polls, help.people get absentee ballots. I'm talking this year: c we can take back the house and senate, then there's a chance we can impeach and convict. Failing that, we need to get ready to get behind a candidate for president in 2020, to make him a one term president.

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Well, I was right. The Senate Intelligence Comm information was kind of down played. It came out late yesterday is the way I understand it, which of course was the beginning of the Holliday and it was just glossed over. Rachel Maddow did a whole segment on it last night and how important it is. Remember when the House Intel Comm released their trumped up findings and there was such a big to do over that, when it was all just fake stuff by Devin Nunes. Just not fair!
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

It was downright evil and anti American and anti democracy. I am hoping that if America wakes up and rights itself, that bad actors like Nunes go down in history as the nefarious congressmen they are.

After the holiday, hope the Press shines light on the findings.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Feel free to post on FB that saying about how Nazis didn’t start off with the concentration camps...

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

this thread gets worse by the week
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

clouds, if I didn't like the looks of a thread or felt it was getting worse every week, I'd skip that thread and not waste my time on it.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 183 of 265 FirstFirst ... 83108133153173178179180181182183184185186187188193213233258 ... LastLast