Page 171 of 189 FirstFirst ... 7196121141161166167168169170171172173174175176181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1883

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member

Novartis top lawyer steps down over payments to Michael Cohen:

https://www.theguardian.com/business...aniels-payment

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have neighbors that split up, Jeanie. The husband went rabid for Trump. This was a liberal couple before. They couldn't talk it out. They ended their marriage over it.
    Sad.

ANN
    If the husband went rabid for a Trump it seems there was trouble in the marriage that was exposed. Any husband who supports Trump must have antagonism toward women, wether spoken or unspoken. Supporting a Trump is a form of passive aggression toward women.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Linda, it seems it was the "immigrants" that set him off. He has a secure office job w the state highway department so I don't understand why he felt threatened or why that Trump theme resonated with him.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Maybe he is just a very angry guy. And that was already the crack in the marriage.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Laz ~

I agree with you about men, who support DT. How do we explain women who support him? That boggles my mind!

ANN ~

Did the husband have a problem with all immigrants, or just Mexicans? Or just Muslims? Or just refugees?

Immigration is such a hypocritical issue. Anyone, who is not Native American, is an immigrant (or the product of immigrants).

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, so perhaps their marriage wasn't too blissful prior to DT, and after his election, things went downhill.

Maybe she can volunteer for a liberal candidate and meet a man, who shares her political views.

Sunshine ~

Excellent point.

What is going on with the North Korea summit? On/off? It feels like I'm watching high school boys having a peeing contest! Except they are all holding our lives in their hands.

And how about Melania in the hospital for a week with a kidney problem? I've read that the procedure she had is an outpatient procedure. DT wasn't with her before the procedure. You can cut the tension between them with a chain saw.

After what we've heard about DT's medical exams/condition, and since every day thousands of lies spew from the White House, I wonder why Melania is really in the hospital, or whether she even is in the hospital.

If I were Melania, I'd get a quickie divorce in Mexico, grab Barron and move to another country. But that's just me.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

And how about Melania in the hospital for a week with a kidney problem? I've read that the procedure she had is an outpatient procedure. DT wasn't with her before the procedure. You can cut the tension between them with a chain saw.

After what we've heard about DT's medical exams/condition, and since every day thousands of lies spew from the White House, I wonder why Melania is really in the hospital, or whether she even is in the hospital.

If I were Melania, I'd get a quickie divorce in Mexico, grab Barron and move to another country. But that's just me.

Love & Light,

Rose
    I wonder what's causing the long stay too, clearly not a typical outpatient procedure as described. But, I really don't think it's any of the public's business anyway, I give kudos to her if she can keep the details private.

I know she was likely well aware of her husband's ways before marrying him or having a child with him, and I have no idea what kind of marital arrangement they have. But, I do feel for her - the embarrassment caused by all this sordid and tawdry laundry being publicly and endlessly aired must be acute. Avenatti has a bee in his bonnet and he wants to do more than seek justice for his client, he has a vendetta against DT and is intent on destroying him if he can. This is not going away anytime soon.

Of course, you're right, Rose. She can always go back to her home country, or take her son and leave the White House and live a separate, private life elsewhere if she wanted to. Be Best, Melania, Be Best.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

SuzE-Q~

I agree with you that it is not any of our business why Melania is in the hospital. But she is definitely fodder for many jokes by comedians these days, and the untrusting public (non-DT supporters) like to speculate on social media.

Perhaps she is stuck by some agreement that she will stay married to him, while he's in office, but she won't sleep with him or live with him, or go to Mar-A-Lago with him, hold his hand or not wear huge hats to prevent him from kissing her.

No amount of money is worth the humiliation and degradation she has endured with all of the sordid details of DT's philandering on public display, every day, all day long.

And when she tries to be a FLOTUS, she flops, because her handlers are plagiarists. Her Be Best handbook is exactly the same book put out under President Obama's administration.

I can't imagine what any woman is thinking having any kind of relationship with DT. Must be the Bling.

Here's the thing about Bling: All that glitters is not gold.

Nonetheless, every woman, who has had a "relationship" with him is a victim. So, whatever Melania has to do to keep herself safe and sane, I support her. And if she is having medical issues, I hope that they are not more than what we've been told and that she heals quickly.

And just to clarify ~ I didn't mean that Melania should return to her country as in be deported or banished. I just thought of it as "home." But, if I were her, I'd probably choose a villa on the French Riviera. Or a remote island in Greece. Just as far away from him as possible.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

14. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Oh no, I didn't mean anything negative about returning to her native country either. Not at all. She speaks the language, and she certainly has much wealth to live comfortably there. That's the only reason I thought about it; that, and to get out of the limelight and take back her privacy for her and her son.

Yes, she must be becoming paranoid now with this second plagiarism - can she really trust the people doing her preparations for her with these serious faux pas? There is a serious staff issue with such huge missteps and lack of originality, and no one advising her what's going on (at least I assume she didn't intentionally approve both knowing they were actually someone else's work product).

She's been married long enough I'd guess for any monetary restrictions to no longer apply in a prenup to divorce. But, how much money does she really need anyway? She's wealthy in her own right with her businesses (I think), and with the child support she'd receive from a billionnaire father. Washington divorce laws may well be more favorable to her than New York laws, so it may be a good time to consider a big move. Her favorability rating is so much higher than her husband's at the moment and I can't see staying longer to be any benefit to her seeing as how I doubt she has her own political ambitions. She could still seek a more compatible partner if she wished if she moved on. As you said, the comics are having a field day with her.

The tension must be palpable - we've seen signs that she's been rebelling in some ways. Maybe she's fine with it, IDK. But, I know that if it were me, I'd prefer the history book to relate how I refused to tolerate this kind of humiliation and disrespect and how I walked out because "appearances" were not as important as being a good role model to my son and young girls everywhere to stand up for myself and say #Enough. That's the legacy I'd prefer to leave behind myself in this day and age of female empowerment.

Speaking of female empowerment, I don't view Daniels or McDougal as embodiments of taking back our agency either. Choosing to monetize sexual dalliances for profit with threats of publicity isn't serving feminism well, IMO. And they entered into agreements of their own free will that they now seek to overturn just because it's become a cash cow. It places them in a very poor light that they a) tried to tie their silence to monetary gain, and b) aren't willing to accept that they might have just made a bad bargain in what they originally agreed to but are now trying to enrich themselves even more regardless of entering an earlier agreement, as unseemly as it was to begin with. I have to wonder if it wasn't in the backs of their minds at the time that this might just be worth something someday. They're certainly acting like it now.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

16. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Apparently there are several conditions that could be ailing her, some a simple outpatient stay, but at least one that would require a longer stay. And being the wife of a president, they err on the side of caution.

Yes, I wonder how she stays with him, especially now that even more women are stepping forward with their stories. From all the accounts I've read, their marriage is pretty much all show, anyway. They have separate bedrooms in New York, and now in the white house, she and Barron spend time at her parents house who live now in Washington D.C., And much of what she does as FLOTUS is done by staff.....And as someone already pointed out, she's not served well by staff.

Prenuptial agreements don't necessarily have time limitations if carefully written, but her command of English is such that 14 years ago when they married she might not have understood fully what she was signing. And if she allowed his lawyers to draft it.who knows what might be in there!! This is assuming, of course, there is such an agreement. You'll remember she wasn't all that thrilled to come to Washington anyway...

I'm not convinced that the women are coming forward just for the money. At least some of them have gone on to marry, have children, and are reluctant to put their families through the intense media pressure that would come with disclosure. But I also think that they're faced with two bad choices: go public through an attorney in a somewhat controlled way, or be "outed" by a dogged reporter and be subject to uncontrolled media frenzy.

I really don't see what women find so attractive in him, except the money. He's not all that physically attractive to me. And certainly his behavior and attitudes and beliefs, are repulsive. But he's always been known to be a playboy, and she surely should have known that when she married him. I think she....like a lot of women...thought she could change him.

In the meantime, there are the DACA people still in limbo, the Haitian refugees at risk, immigrant children being ripped away from their parents and being warehoused at a military base until they can be "out in foster care or wherever", we're teetering on war with Russia, North Korea, Puerto Rico is still without power or water, flint Michigan is still without water, regulations protecting people from all sorts of things are being rolled back, the ACA is being undermined, a person who has intimate knowledge of torture is now in charge of the CIA which has the ability to do that in secret....And those are just a few of the really important disasters in front of us.

Yes, let's let him see what he can do, his supporters asked when he was elected. Now we know. And I haven't even gotten to his corrupt circle of friends, associates, staff, cabinet members.

Make America Great Again: Impeach him!

18. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, he's had ample opportunity for us to see what he can do. Now we know.

If he steps down, Pence might not be an improvement, but he couldn't do nearly so much damage without the support of Congress. I hope that the Democrats will regain some power in both Houses.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 171 of 189 FirstFirst ... 7196121141161166167168169170171172173174175176181 ... LastLast