Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 6893118138158163164165166167168
Results 1,671 to 1,678 of 1678

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

I know someone who left FB for this very reason. I doubt he's managed to avoid the net altogether though and he will probably run across the "like" button eventually.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is for Cat and others not on Facebook. Apparently FB also tracks data on people who arenít on FB. Creeeeeeepy

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Face...ibers_id104089
    Yes, this was my point exactly. If you're on the internet, you have NO expectation of privacy, wherever you go. Facebook is at fault, to be sure...but so are most sites on the internet. The internet itself was thought of ..and still is thought of...a free wide web*.

Facebook asks users for nude photos in project to combat 'revenge ****' | Technology | The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...**-nude-photos

thyre libs

can u imagine if a conservative site said that?
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

That page has been removed.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

It's the James Comey book tour! Tonight, he's on Late Night with Stephen Colbert. But, he's already spilled lots of the beans with George S on ABC, and other news outlets. I can't wait to see him playing games on the Tonight Show and Ellen! (Both shows are noted for having games with the guests, like charades, or in Ellen's case, games where people are drenched with buckets of water ...).

Meanwhile, the resident of the White House is melting down over the confiscation of his attorney's files. In a news segment today, I listened to a real, bona fide attorney state that Michael Cohen isn't an attorney per se. He only has 3 clients. He's a "fixer."

The third client is Sean Hannity! He claims he only consulted Cohen for legal advice on real estate deals. Yeah, right! Who needs a Fixer for a real estate deal? We didn't all just fall off the turnip truck, Sean!

And not to be excluded, Stormy Daniels and her chisel jawed attorney appeared in court and in front of the press!

Meanwhile, DT asked to see the evidence recovered from Cohen's various locations. The judge, a woman, said, "NOPE!"

Pence is out in the pasture in South America, because he speaks Spanish. Good way to avoid the garbage being thrown around D.C. right now. Our VP cannot be in a room alone with a female, per his religious beliefs. What must he be thinking about DT and the Stormy and Playboy Playmate scandals? Not to mention ~ the infamous Pee Tape! Oh my!

Are we living in a TV Reality Soap Opera?

Every day, when I think it can't get worse, and it does, I do this: until my eyes are close to popping out of their sockets!

Other Presidents have had their scandals. And in the olden days, we didn't know how deep they ran. With today's technology, we know all of the dirty laundry in the blink of an eye. The laundry with the current resident of the White House is filthy.

We, the People, are suffering through this, and we're paying for it. Did you file your taxes? Guess where they're going?! Another trip to Mar-a-Lago and another lawyer to clean up the messes the other lawyers created. And the court time. And the Congressional hearings. And and and and ...

Once again, I ask:

America, how great are we now?

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

7. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Make America Great Again! Impeach and convict Trump!!

9. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And let's curb the power of the executive branch while we're at it.

It seems that this latest war we're involving ourselves in--the strike against Syria--was possible because after the 9/11 attack, the President was allowed extraordinary powers to initiate military action in some circumstances without the consent of Congress. I seem to recall some question even before then about how a war could be started without the consent of Congress--maybe in connection with Vietnam.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

11. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Very interesting article on Michael Cohen. He is in deep trouble....
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...208870264.html

13. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 6893118138158163164165166167168