Page 158 of 244 FirstFirst ... 5883108128148153154155156157158159160161162163168188208233 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2432

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member

You know, I would feel sorry for Melania, but I think she knew exactly what she was getting when she married DT. So that kind of negates some of the sad feelings I would have for her. Anyway, as long as they have been married and her with a child I am sure she would come out pretty good under the terms of their prenuptial agreement. Have y'all noticed that all the women that marry DT get pregnant early on. I am sure they do that on purpose.

I wonder if the news on CNN has gotten so biased against DT because he came out against them really bad quite awhile back. He attacked a couple of their reporters and wants to put their station out of business. Now he is starting on MSNBC.

He and Melania called Meghan McCain re: her Dad a few weeks ago. She said they were very nice. Then CPAC met that week-end and when he gave his speech he had the people there booing John McCain. It was no more than 3 days from the time they had called Meghan. McCain's wife Cindy co-hosted the View along with Meghan a few days after that and they addressed it. Not one ounce of empathy does this man have!

Sunshine, that really doesn't surprise me about him immediately hiring someone who had just been fired from the WH. He seems to like having that kind of people around him. I heard it said that he had always operated somewhat like the mob.
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

And just now: From WaPo

“Steve Goldstein, the undersecretary for public diplomacy, told reporters Tuesday that Tillerson never spoke to the president and was unaware of the reason he was removed. He said Tillerson found out Tuesday he was terminated.Goldstein was subsequently fired.”

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, the man has made so many powerful enemies it’s amazing he has not been censured, impeached, removed from office.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I don't at all feel sorry for Melania. She and trump met while he was still married to wife_#2, who he bedded while still married to wife #1. She married for $$$, and will get it....assuming he has any left after paying off all the lawyers he has hired. I DO feel sorry for Baron, a victim of being born into this totally dysfunctional family.

For a guy who loves to say "You're fired!!" He sure does a lousy job of it. And now he's suggesting there will be more to come. There are almost none left of his original staff.

This whole crew is the most corrupt most inept administration I've ever seen. They make Watergate seem like a day in a water park.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

The firing of Rex Tillerson is not surprising. The Tweeter in Chief is still roiling from Rex calling him a “moron.” And, of course, DT’s two favorite words are: “You’re Fired.” But he didn’t have the guts to tell Rex in person. Rex doesn’t Tweet, but others around him do, and that’s how he found out that he was dismissed. DT always keeping it classy.

I’m not shedding any tears over Rex’s departure, because he was a horrible Secretary of State. The State Department’s staffing and funding have been gutted. Rex is on record as not believing that we need a State Department. Pompeo is a hawk and doesn’t believe in diplomacy. So, we’re not getting a bargain in this trade at all.

CALIFORNIA SAYS: GET OUT!

Meanwhile, DT sullied the California landscape today, when he visited our great state. We already know that he hates us, because we’re a blue state, and we voted overwhelmingly for Hillary. We don’t care; we don’t want to be BFFs with him anyway.

I caught a brief snippet of his comments, before I had to turn off the TV in lieu of throwing something at it. He listed off everything that he thinks is wrong with California: “Governor Brown is a terrible Governor.” “California’s taxes are too high! Too high! Too high! Outrageous!” “You have too many Sanctuary Cities.”

Governor Brown:

(Or as we referred to him the 70s, Governor Moonbeam)

He has done a good job in getting our state back on track, after years of Arnold’s nonsense. Democrats are in the majority in our state legislature for the first time in decades, and things are getting done. Social programs, such as the ones serving my children, are not facing budget cutbacks every summer.

Taxes:

California is home to wealth. A ton of wealth! In our city, there are more than 50 mansions/properties for sale for over $1 million up to $10m. Homes in our tract, which could barely get $500k a few years ago, are now selling for $800k. We’ve lived here for 40 years, and we could never afford to buy here now. The Real Estate market is booming in our area.

In 1978, California passed Proposition 13, which is a tax relief for homeowners. We benefit from that Proposition, as the taxes we pay on our home are unbelievably low. The longer a person lives in one home, the less the tax burden on the property.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califo...tion_13_(1978)

Our taxes support our colleges and universities. We have an outstanding higher education system with abundant colleges and community colleges.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._in_California

Adult recreational marijuana use just began, and the tax dollars from that will create a fantastic revenue stream for our General Fund.

Immigrants:

California is a melting pot. In our neighborhood, we have homeowners who are Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, Indian, Iranian, South American, Hispanic, Black, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhists, every religion you can name. We all get along very well.

California is connected to Mexico, and Mexicans have been immigrating here since well before we became a state. DT knows that we don’t want his stinking wall, but he talked about it today. He insists he’s going to make it happen.

How dare DT come to our State, insult our Governor, disparage our economy and successful approaches to governing, and talk “smack” about us!

The sun was shining, and the sky was crystal clear this morning. This afternoon, it rained. I hope he gets caught in a thunder shower, and his Secret Service guy accidentally dumps an umbrella flood of water on his hair. And his cell phone.

He sure makes following the Golden Rule difficult!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Speaking of immigrants ... Melania.

My mother used to say, "If he cheats with you, he will cheat on you. Once a cheater, always a cheater." I found that to be true in my first marriage, although we were both single when we met. He married one of the women, with whom he cheated, and then, he cheated on her. Go figure!

That said, I have no empathy for Melania. She knew what she was getting, when she agreed to marry him. DT recently quoted the song lyric, "You knew I was a snake, before you took me in."

She accepted the risk that all of his peccadilloes would become public, exposing her to humiliation. She got her green card, her designer everything, her jewels and golden thrones. Now, she's paying the price for her greed. She has to tolerate this until he gets out of the Oval Office, probably. But she doesn't have to live with him, and rumor has it, she isn't.

I agree with you, Cat. I feel very sorry for Barron. Every time I've seen him, which is rare, his eyes are vacant. That poor child. What he's endured, who knows?

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Thanks Rose for making me chuckle...even if while shaking my head sadly....
    “It sure makes following the Golden Rule difficult!”
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Special tribute to Stephen Hawking, who just died and who had ALS for over 50 years, with some remarks he made only last summer on climate change. He thinks mankind's best hope for survival is the colonization of other planets.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-40461726

Interesting that he says that when he was diagnosed with ALS, he was given only 2-3 years to live. He proved those forecasters wrong.
    Last edited by agate; 03-14-2018 at 01:16 PM. Reason: fixing mistake (thanks, Sunshine!)
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

You mean ALS?

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Rose, you also gave me a chuckle like Linda. I am going to have to remember that one. Also, what you had to say about California are the things that people need to hear and know. I wish Nuthatch would come on and give her opinion about him being there.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 158 of 244 FirstFirst ... 5883108128148153154155156157158159160161162163168188208233 ... LastLast