Page 112 of 123 FirstFirst ... 12376282102107108109110111112113114115116117122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1227

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeannie (tic chick), thanks for your input!

The trouble with a war of words is that words get taken seriously, and Kim Jong Un seems to be rising to the bait all too easily, but let's hope that he won't put his finger on any of those buttons.

I wonder if our White House resident thinks a nuclear war might be like an interesting movie to watch? Could he enjoy the spectacular scenes of people being burned to a crisp from the comfort of his protected bunker somewhere underground?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

I remember the duck and tuck drills at school. The newly constructed house up the street from our's was advertised as having a bomb shelter, but in actuality it was not for a nuclear bomb, but just a temporary safe room in case of an attack.
    Just yesterday I read an article about homeowners finding and digging up buried bomb shelters in their yards. Some had provisions and supplies that had been there for decades. Some were empty rooms. All were moldy, partly filled with rainwater and not very big.

This school training video is ridiculous, as if this would save us in a nuclear attack!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xLMpd_iZvc&sns=fb

3. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thank you for drawing attention to that film.I'd never seen it before. It has such an almost-upbeat tone that it's very unsettling. I realize that they're trying to lighten up the situation to present it to the kids without scaring them but I wonder about the assumption that there will be a warning before any atomic bomb hits us.

I don't think that the people in Hiroshima or Nagasaki had any warning. And you can't do much ducking and covering without a warning.
    Last edited by agate; 08-11-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

SAM, duck and cover, daddy had two plates of beans tonight!
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Sickened by the events in Virginia over the weekend, and of course, Trump's response. He tried to fix it up today, but he's more than late. His true colors are showing for those who have their eyes open.
    I'm surprised no one has commented here either. This is yet more serious stuff.

Blog Entries

I've been pretty busy lately, nuthatch (Joan), but I've also been rendered speechless with horror.

9. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you, Bbs. That is very wrong and scary. As if we don't have enough scary.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

11. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lawmaker...le-car-attack/

At least lawmakers are speaking out against Trump's latest remarks on Charlottesville.

13. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

DT’s first response to the Charlottesville riots and automobile attack was that the blame fell on “many sides.” Pressured, in his second response two days later, he read from a teleprompter, a statement obviously prepared by someone else, in which he referred to White Supremacists/KKK/neo Nazis/etc. as “thugs and criminals.”

Today, without a teleprompter, he faulted the “alt-left” (whatever that is), who were there "without a permit,” and who were “very, very violent.” He referred to the reporters questioning him as “Fake News,” and he stated that no one had watched the incident as carefully as he has. He implied that the “alt-right” could be excused for their violence, because they had a permit. And torches, and helmets, and weapons. They came for a fight.

The man, who drove the car into the crowd of counter protesters, is a White Supremacist/Nationalist. He’s not an “alt-left” rabble-rouser. He murdered a 32 year old woman, and wounded 19 other people, some critically.

DT refuses to use the term “domestic terrorist.”

When he said that the dispute pertained to the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue, he asked, “Who’s next? George Washington? Thomas Jefferson?” Was he deprived of U.S. History courses in his education?

David Duke lauded DT for standing by his base, the people who elected him. He insists they are going to take back America. From whom? The majority who voted for Hillary? Anyone who isn’t a gun-toting white man? Women? Anyone who is not Christian?

So far, 7 CEOs have resigned from DT’s manufacturing council as a result of the Charlottesville incident.

None of us should be surprised that this has happened, given that DT’s closest counsel is Steve Bannon, who DT said is “not a racist” but “a good person.” Then there are Miller and Gorka. When you’re surrounded by alt-right Nazis, who have your ear and feed you hatred and bigotry, well … you are what you eat.

This is just the beginning. There will be more. The “thugs and criminals” are already planning more rallies/riots around the country. It will get worse.

Who will destroy America first? North Korea or our own citizens?

Both options are terrifying.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

15. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Page 112 of 123 FirstFirst ... 12376282102107108109110111112113114115116117122 ... LastLast