Page 104 of 133 FirstFirst ... 42954749499100101102103104105106107108109114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1327

Thread: Politics

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This isn't just a smoking gun. This is a bloody wildfire. The more he tries to explain, the bigger the hole he digs for himself and the others in that room.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Yep. Mueller now has enough leverage to flip witnesses to testify against people in order to save their own skin. This reminds me of the summer of watergate, glued to the radio at work, listening to Sam Ervin etc...

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

July, 2016
    drip......drip......drip.......drip..........drip. .............drip...........drip.............drip. .........drip..........drip..........drip......... drip.........drip

JULY, 2017

DROP
    Last edited by Virginia; 07-12-2017 at 05:46 AM.
    Virginia

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Good one, Virginia. A flood is coming!
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

One can hope that the Family will see the possibility of criminal charges, cut a deal with Pence for him to become President and pardon them a la Ford pardoning Nixon.

How long until the Republicans jump ship...

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/o...ft-region&_r=0

Had hoped Kasich would've been the Repub nominee, but CNN did not want a strong Repub nominee. Alas.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Today, the Wealthcare bill is DOA. $!$$$!?!!$$ (aka DT) declared that if Congress can’t come up with a reasonable ACA replacement plan, they should just repeal the ACA. Just take it all away, so millions of people have no health insurance at all. So much for his claim that he wanted a bill with “heart.”

This is just a chest-beating peeing contest in Congress. They don’t give a rat’s rear about any of us, the American people, who are their employers and the people they were elected to represent. None of this matters to them or their families, because they have lifetime health insurance and pensions. Thanks to the taxpayers.

How is it that so many countries were able to figure out how to provide health care to their citizens, but the U.S. just can’t do it?

GREED. POWER.

Did I miss the part in Gov. Kasich’s article, where he acknowledged that these Republican “health care” bills are actually about giving the top 1% absurd tax breaks?

Speaking of pensions, Gov. Kasich bragged about taking away pensions for Ohioans on the Presidential campaign trail.

Two of his statements stood out to me:

"Congress should then take up needed improvements to Medicaid as part of comprehensive entitlement reform."

“Entitlement” is a nasty word to Republicans. Yet, they have no problem accepting their entitlements. Or money from lobbyists, corporations, and even foreign countries.

When applied to the commoners, entitlement means services/programs for persons with disabilities, and/or who are elderly, and/or who are poor.
    Our safety net. They like to attach the word, “reform,” as if they intend to improve these services/programs. Reform is a synonym for “slash,” “destroy,” “decimate,” “reduce,” “remove,” “privatize.”

His other comment, which riled me:

"States are willing to assume greater financial risk by transitioning to a block grant or per-capita cap, but will also need new flexibilities, such as tools to manage the rising cost of pharmaceuticals — the fastest growing component of Medicaid.”

I’ll fix the first part: “States, with Republican Governors, are willing to assume greater financial risk…”

Block grants and per-capita caps translates to “no health care.”

Jon is already being denied wound care nursing, and he’s had his G Tube feeding formula and pump threatened with stoppage. We can’t get an authorization for a PT any more. And supplies are now being restricted.

And this is WITH ACA in place!

And, gosh, golly, gee … how on Earth can we “manage the rising cost of pharmaceuticals?” Hmm… How about regulating the industry? How about putting a cap on their profits?

It’s not the patient’s fault that Big Pharma charges an arm and a leg for a broken finger.

One infusion of Opdivo for Jim cost $9,000. The Navelbine costs $6,000/per infusion. That’s not his fault! Why should he suffer and die, because Big Pharma is allowed to charge these exorbitant prices?

So far, Jim hasn’t received one bill, so Medicare and United Health Care must be covering it all. Medicare is an entitlement, so it’s on the chopping block.

I’m trying not to follow all of the Russia garbage, but the health care issue is very important to us, all of you, and our loved ones. So I need to try to stay on top of it, unless it starts causing me health problems. These are stressful, frightening times in our country.

It’s only been 6 months since this nightmare started. Why does it seem more like 10 years?

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They seem not to have the votes to repeal Obamacare. I've been wanting this to happen.

Unfortunately, the medical providers and the insurance people are probably running scared at this point and backing away from every benefit they're supposed to be supplying. I've noticed quite a bit of belt-tightening among my medical providers. I lost so many of them because they moved away or too far away in the last year that I almost think they moved to other locations in order to avoid Medicaid people like me. I notice that the situations they moved to were much more likely to supply affluent patients.

My primary care doc and my neuro and my dentists--they've all improved their lot to the point where I couldn't travel to them.

I've replaced all of them but it wasn't easy. While I was at it I also replaced the hearing aid service center since the place I'd been going to was really not doing its job right.

I agree with you, Rose. The gap between the haves and the have-nots in this country is alarmingly huge and growing. People are holed up in gated communities and investing in elaborate security systems and surveillance cameras--why? They're scared of the rest of us. Afraid we might riot.

Lives matter!

All we can do is try to stay healthy if we can. Be very very well.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

what is happening to your son is a sin.

19. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 104 of 133 FirstFirst ... 42954749499100101102103104105106107108109114 ... LastLast