In your shoes, I would have done the same thing with the Dilantin. Tyler's level was dangerous. I'm glad that the seizures haven't increased too much and pray it stays that way. Good news also that Tyler had a relatively good weekend, until the ride home. Sorry you got stuck on the freeway. I haven't heard of the Gopher Canyon fire ~ hope it's under control now. I'll cross all of my crossables and send up prayers that the EEG, ENT visit, and the heart monitor provide some information to help Tyler.
Your grandson's infected knee wound sounds scary. How is he doing now? Is his temp normal? Is he on antibiotics, or are you waiting to find out the culture results?
Praying for calm uneventful days for all of you ~
Love & Light,