Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast

Thread: OT November Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Sally, wish I could get to you with some of my yummy stuff.

Poor, poor Howie! Now that is a very sad story. Never being able to eat another éclair. How can you stand it? When I was really thin and much younger I use to treat myself to an éclair once in awhile. There was a place in a mall that made great ones and if I happened to be there I would buy an éclair.

Jeanie, thanks for link. Interesting, but these things are hard for me to always understand. I think it is because some people say we are supposed to build our immune system and others say we should keep it knocked kind of down.

Hope you are having a good day Howie - payday for you is almost here. Maybe they put your money in a day early and it has been there all day and you didn't know it. Now, don't spend it all at one time tomorrow.
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Hello all my forum friends! Glad to hear folks got thru the hurricane fairly unscathed, but sorry to read about the challenges some are facing. I try to keep up here and read from time to time, but haven't posted in quite awhile. Don't really have much to say.
    We had only one trick-or-treater this year, a little neighbor girl dressed as a princess. Halloween is so different than it used to be. I miss seeing all the kids dressed up and so excited. So many church and community events now, instead of the old, traditional door-to-door trick-or-treating as in years past. My daughter lives in a very small community in the mountains, where everyone knows each other and they all come out (in the afternoon) with kids in costume to parade all through the town & socialize. All the businesses pass out candy.
    Son and family go every year to a friend's for a costume party and chili cook-off.
    Sharing Halloween pictures of our two grandchildren. Tula was a sea turtle (daughter made her first costume!) and little Everett was suited up as his Daddy's basketball, Mom was the ref. Fun was had by all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I need 2 of those turtle costumes next year for the cats. I was able to do that neighborhood Trick or Treating when I was a kid. It was so fun, and we brought home tons of candy. those were fun times.
    Roswell was a gift.

5. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd like a turtle costume too. That looks really neat--and warm too.

Nice to see you back, nuthatch (Joan)! Don't worry about not having much to say--say it anyway. After all, the space is available.

And thanks for helping to brighten up the available space with the nice photos. You have a handsome family.
    Last edited by agate; 11-02-2016 at 09:19 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

7. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Thank for the kind words, Agate. When Daughter was deciding on a costume for Tula, she had to take into consideration how cold it would be. It has already snowed there once! Tula was nice and cozy with all that stuffed turtle shell on her back.

I read a discussion about tattoos on here awhile back. I don't like tattoos and was very upset when my son got that massive thing on his arm/shoulder. I think of tattoos as body graffiti. I know they are very expensive, my son won't tell me how much he spent on his graffiti . . . says I don't wanna know! He knows I just might knock him in the head if he told me, so he's not saying! I have to remind myself that he's 41 and my mothering influence is done by now!
    Oh well, I was born with a clean slate and I'll die with one. If one day I get crazy and wild, I'll get some nice washable markers and go to town on myself . . . or a coloring book!

Carry on!
    Joan aka nuthatch

p.s. please pass the eclairs, love um and haven't had one in years and years!
    Last edited by nuthatch; 11-02-2016 at 09:57 PM.

9. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Cool

Nuthatch, you can have my éclair if anyone is giving them away.

I also made it through my life so far with no tattoos. They are very popular these days, and as an artist, can appreciate the skill and creativity needed to do a good one. Just not on me please!
    Roswell was a gift.

11. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm so used to all of the tattoos that are seen that I didn't really notice his tattoo but now that you mention it, is it a tree?

It must have taken a bit of ink. Getting one of those doesn't sound exactly comfortable.

--Time to celebrate. It's almost payday for some people, and the Chicago Cubs won the World Series for the first time in 108 years.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

13. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Cool

I'm just staying awake all night so I can hit the store right as it opens. And I have even made a shopping list. That's pretty rare for me, but after forgetting a few things pretty frequently, I started making a list.

.................................................. .................
    He's back, and as the little prayer I say before I go anywhere..."Don't let me hurt anyone, and don't let me get hurt".

I got everything, and right now, I'm having a mug of coffee with the French Vanilla Creamer.

November has NOW officially begun!!!
    Last edited by Howie; 11-03-2016 at 05:07 AM.
    Roswell was a gift.

15. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

An interesting event today. I remember reading the stories of people renewing their drivers license. Most seemed very stressful, and required a lot of effort.

I just got my License Renewal papers today. I've been stressing over it all last month. So guess what is involved for me to renew. Answer about 8 simple questions, and send it along with $32, and I'm done.

What a relief!!!
    Roswell was a gift.

17. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Nuthatch! Love the pictures. I also miss the tales of the tails that scurry around your deck and the birds.

Howie, what did you buy this morning and what did you eat? I made the coffee - chocolate covered almonds on the side.

Later, ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 11-03-2016 at 08:21 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

19. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast