Thread: good news...

Distinguished Community Member

Default good news...

I just thought I'd quickly share some good news. Not sure if you remember but after my surgery for hyperparathyroid I was diagnosed with pretty significant osteoporosis. My endocrinologist want to put me on medication for i but I was very much against it. She agreed I coud wait and try to stop the progression/reverse some of it with diet and exercise. Well I had a bone scan Monday and it showed that I no longer have osteoporosis but only osteopenia. I was so excited to hear this! I was praying that it at least didn't get worse. But this is better than I had imagined! So now I won't even have to have a conversation about medication. Now I'm going to go celebrate with a glass of milk!
    Mary Grace

2. The following user says "thanks"

Good for you Mary Grace. We always opt for natural over pharma when we can. Keep up the good work. Hope it makes you feel much better.
    grandmother of Tyler (22): Ohtahara Syndrome/SCN2a gene mutation, cortically visually impaired, quadriplegic, severely developmentally delayed, no speech, severe intractable seizures, frontal and temporal lobe atrophy, progressive scoliosis/kyphosis, chronic kidney stones & UTI's, gastroparesis, 100% tube fed, autonomic dysreflexia, but what a precious gift from God. "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

I do remember, and I think we discussed Fosamax and other meds, as well as supplements, diet and exercise. And you just proved that it can be done without those harmful drugs! High Five! Fist Bump! Mic Drop!

This is fantastic news! I'm so happy for you, and I feel your relief too! Whew! An early Christmas present!

Whatever you are doing, keep doing it!

Clinking a glass of milk with you ~ Cheers! To Your Health!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Thank you Rose and Tamie! I was so happy to hear this I literally jumped up and down (great for your bones by the way LOL). It proves that it CAN be done. If I had gone on the medication when it was suggested they would have said it was the meds. But honestly even the meds don't give those kind of results. Thanks for the support!
    Mary Grace

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Mary Grace,
    I was so cheered by reading your post that I felt I had to say something.

I had a similar experience some years ago when osteopenia showed up, and the doctor promoted Fosamax. I had doubts about taking it and decided to step up my exercise and watch my calcium intake. The next bone density test showed no osteopenia.

Now, many years later, osteopenia is showing up again, and once again a doctor is recommending Fosamax. I'm going to try to keep things under control without it

Exercise matters, I'm sure of it.
    I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well.
    --Robert Benchley

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

Blog Entries

YAY! So thrilled for you Mary Grace! My motto is always to try the natural route first. Sorry for my delayed reply.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php