Infusion IVIG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I was saving that brain cell......
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thankfully, I was assigned my former nurse today :) the infusion was uneventful! Yay!

She showed me how to read the digital numbers in the infusion machine. She punched in 30/30 and it did a six hour infusion.

Comment

They didn't give you that horror of a nurse you had before? Yay!
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Not only that, but the head nurse caught my eye and said hello to me specifically. He is trying. It won't be a problem as long as he stays the head nurse that makes the assignments.

Am glad I spoke up. It helps that I had braintalk people rooting for me:)

Comment

Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
            Not only that, but the head nurse caught my eye and said hello to me specifically. He is trying. It won't be a problem as long as he stays the head nurse that makes the assignments.

Am glad I spoke up. It helps that I had braintalk people rooting for me:)
            That last sentence just made my day, BBS.

Now if we could just get Sally back in here, we'd be really a class act around here.

SALLY, hi there if you're reading!
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Had 25G IVIG infusion yesterday, my third at that amount.

Nurse increased rate from 30 to 35 to cut 45 minutes off 7 hour infusion, at mutual agreement.

At 2.5 hours, developed massive shin and feet spasms. Slowed rate down and took big dose Tizanidine. Was horrible. Neuro gave advice. Said it could be due to rate or coincidence.
              .next time try slower rate or will premedicate.

Had to call DH at work to arrange to drive me home and have my car delivered to house. GEESH

Comment

BBS, I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. I so hope this will not happen again.

I talked yesterday with the NP I saw at my Neurologist office about Ocrevus and IVIg. He said "no" to me on both. I can kind of understand. The Ocrevus causes the B cells to go down, and that can cause one to be more susceptible to infections. He said since they go down with age anyway, he would hesitate to recommend this drug at my age and then maybe me have problems with infections.

On the IVIg, I can't remember exactly what he said, but he just shook his head "no". I do remember that.

I hope you are feeling better BBS!
                Virginia

Comment

What a miserable experience, BBS!

Glad you came out of it feeling well enough to post but it sounds as if it was very uncomfortable--and stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                    Had 25G IVIG infusion yesterday, my third at that amount.

Nurse increased rate from 30 to 35 to cut 45 minutes off 7 hour infusion, at mutual agreement.

At 2.5 hours, developed massive shin and feet spasms. Slowed rate down and took big dose Tizanidine. Was horrible. Neuro gave advice. Said it could be due to rate or coincidence.
                    .next time try slower rate or will premedicate.

Had to call DH at work to arrange to drive me home and have my car delivered to house. GEESH
                    SOrry! I got 70g at each infusion and rate can play a big roll for some. I went at top speed for the eight years I did IVIg. BUT, the one time I had a severe reaction that stopped the infusion, my nurse had forgotten to give me my premeds. I always had three premeds. Prednisone by infusion, benedryl and some general Tylenol ....

I hope you are recovering and will be better and better.
                    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                      BBS, I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. I so hope this will not happen again.

I talked yesterday with the NP I saw at my Neurologist office about Ocrevus and IVIg. He said "no" to me on both. I can kind of understand. The Ocrevus causes the B cells to go down, and that can cause one to be more susceptible to infections. He said since they go down with age anyway, he would hesitate to recommend this drug at my age and then maybe me have problems with infections.

On the IVIg, I can't remember exactly what he said, but he just shook his head "no". I do remember that.

I hope you are feeling better BBS!
                      I wonder why he said no to IVIG? Might be worthwhile knowing why.

Comment

Today's better than yesterday. Let's see if I get back to baseline. I am supposed to show up surfing Sunday, after All...

Comment

Yes, BBS I do wish I could remember exactly what he said about IVIG. However, in six months I will be seeing the Doctor rather than the Nurse/Practitioner. Maybe I will get clarification then.
                          Virginia

Comment

Working...
                          X