Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: partial seizure questions?

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funnylegs4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks so much! So you have both epilepsy and diabetes then I'm guessing??? Can't low blood sugar also lead to seizures if its severe enough??
    Does low blood sugar also make you dizzy? My friend has a brain injury that contributes to episodes of dizziness and is also diabetic so I always wonder if the blood sugar levels are effecting the dizziness. I was never sure since his symptoms seem to come and go on their own instead of getting progressively worse like I have been told low blood sugar would progress if the person doesn't eat. Low blood sugar symptoms don't come and go in the early stages do they? Let me know?
    Howdy funnylegs!

Different people have different "triggers" that set off their seizures.
    To the best of my knowledge, my epileptic and diabetic incidents have nothing to do with each other.

The only thing that makes it confusing is that the same sensations are involved.
    Lightheadedness and something like vertigo (balance problems) are the basic symptoms.

If I break out into a sweat, I should consume some carbohydrates (I carry dextrose tablets) because, if I don't, uncontrollable shaking is the next step in low glucose (for me.)
    Last edited by howdydave; 09-16-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by howdydave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Howdy funnylegs!

Different people have different "triggers" that set off their seizures.
    To the best of my knowledge, my epileptic and diabetic incidents have nothing to do with each other.

The only thing that makes it confusing is that the same sensations are involved.
    Lightheadedness and something like vertigo (balance problems) are the basic symptoms.

If I break out into a sweat, I should consume some carbohydrates (I carry dextrose tablets) because, if I don't, uncontrollable shaking is the next step in low glucose (for me.)
    Thank you so much!

So if it's a seizure there are NO other symptoms besides the lightheadedness and vertigo??

Only asking for my friends' sake as he is still trying to figure out exactly what triggers his dizzy spells. He never thought they were seizures but still…let me know?
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12