Page 1 of 40 1234561131 ... LastLast

Thread: OT October Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT October Chit Chat

Hello out there,,<waving>

we have had some pretty awesome weather here in Iowa, and some really yucky ones also, so far we are enjoying 70's,,

Thanks Jeanie, for asking about my sister in law,, the doctors said she's terminal, and there is no point in treating her, because she gets a little worse each time, so she is at her sisters house {Pat is a cancer nurse},, we all take turns staying with her,,Kathy the SIL, has to have help with everything, and she lives in her own world now,, any where from 10 days to a month, is what they gave her,,:-(

not much else, crops are being harvested, bow hunting begins,,{deer},, "run Bambi run!!"..lol
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peg, that's really sad about your sister-in-law. It sounds as if those who care about her are doing their best to keep her as comfortable as possible.

Still dosing up on Tylenol from the flu shot yesterday. Sore arm and feverish, achy feeling--a bit like an Avonex shot sometimes was.

So I didn't get a lot done but did manage a load of laundry. Funny how laundry doesn't go away all by itself.

Hope people here are enjoying some nice fall weather. This is the month for goblins and such.

Last edited by agate; 10-01-2016 at 12:51 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howie--and others who receive Social Security-- it looks as if Social Security has had a change of heart and decided to dispense funds today even though the 3rd isn't a holiday or a weekend-- at least for me. I hope that turns out to be what has happened for you too.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

You mean I'm no longer broke? See you later gang!!!
    Roswell was a gift.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

So sorry Peg
    , I hope God is holding her
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

He's back! Thank you SO much Agate. I was down to having oatmeal today and tomorrow, and no coffee. I'm sure my heart would have stopped beating without the coffee. But I'm now having a mug, with my creamers, and just smiling like a hound dog! (that's an old country way of saying we're happy)

I only got the essentials today, and I'll go back for more next week. I have my coleslaw "brewing" for a good meal later on. Have a day half as good as mine, and you'll be doing pretty good!
    Roswell was a gift.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But I'm now having a mug, with my creamers, and just smiling like a hound dog.
    You mean like this?

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

That would be an EXACT picture of me! Look at me smile!
    Roswell was a gift.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Cool

:) Anew month and hopefully a better one. Thursday I went to the beauty shop and my van ramp door would not close. When I left I got the scooter in and the ramp came up but the door would not move. In the 4 o'clock traffic on a main road and the ramp falls out. I put on the brakes and flashers.

I stopped and was able to get the ramp to come in. Besides the door not closing the van was in a kneeling position which makes it very low to the ground. The mobility place replaced a relay (for $132.34) and the door will close, but it is still in the kneeling position and every bump you hit something on the bottom hits. They told me it is 17 years old and I need to buy a new one.

They sell them but they are over fifty thousand. Another man in a wheelchair with his wife was there with a 14 year old Chrysler Town and Country like mine and they were getting the full sales pitch from the manager. I told the wife to rent one for a day and she would not want it. I had a rented one with 2000 miles on it when that man cut in front of my van and it was in the shop. The tie downs were impossible to use in a chair and I wound up pulling one of the seat belts out and putting it around the handlebars to secure the scooter.

I hated the key, it was a plastic thing and has buttons on it to operate the ramp. I am going to go to my mechanic next week and see if he can make it rise up.

Yesterday Andy came and did the yard and picked more mangoes and cut up some. He gave Lacy a bath. We took my house scooter and my big van scooter to the battery place and they said both batteries are stiill good, so that saves over $200. We came back here and Andy got the house one out and locked it to the chain beside the van. Then he went in with my keys and brought Lacy out so I could take her to get her nails trimmed.

Andy had both the house scooter key and the big scooter key and the fob to turn off the house alarm. He called my cell phone to see if I needed him to bring them to me. I said no, I have a key for the big scooter in the van and I have another door key and can shut off the alarm on the panel by the door inside.

Lacy got her nails done and we came home. I am exhausted. I unlocked the house scooter and tried to push it up both ramps with Lacy on a leash. I couldn't. A teenage girl was walking by in the street coming from the bus stop and I yelled and asked her if she could help me. She pushed me up both ramps and unlocked the door with the key and helped shove me over the threshold.

I had wanted to get food somewhere so I did not have to cook but I was too tired. At 10 minutes after ten the power went off. I got the flashlight and went around and turned off anything I thought was on and called the 800 number to report the outage.

I have two freezers full of mangoes. I called the 800 number at 1:30, at 4:30, and at 7:30 and was awakened by the sound when the lights came on at 8 AM. It still hot here and my house was probably 80 to 90 degrees.

I went back to bed and slept until 3 PM. I am still in pajamas but need to grocery shop. Glad to see Parsi check in, now we need Renee to. I read on Facebook that Cherie and Dave are going to Iceland.

I hope all of you have a good rest of the weekend. Peg I am sorry about your SIL. Jeanie :)

18. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

My husband got his flu shot at the Shopko pharmacy. He didn't complain of any pain I have an appointment for Oct.12 at a Newtwork Health event that will answer any questions I have on my insurance plan.

20. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 40 1234561131 ... LastLast