Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CN Central: SEPTEMBER UPDATES!

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

That's great that you've learned CPR! Congratulations! I hope you never have to use it, but it is certainly valuable knowledge to have, in case it is ever needed.

Yes, I mentioned the recovery position with respect to seizures ~ very important to prevent aspiration.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Thank you Rose! Yes now I remember. You told me how to put my teacher into the recovery position should he have a seizure from the stroke. Once I saw the demonstration I realized she had done it exactly as you described it. You did a wonderful job describing it! I'm so grateful to you! Speaking of, I saw my teacher earlier this month and he continues to do well. He can do a lot more now than he could a few months ago in regards to stamina!
    As a further update I have been speaking to classes on a private basis(hence no blog post) and because of that yesterday I missed "Speechless" again, and I may be missing the episode next week as well due to work so my apologies for a lack of a nice review in that thread. Hopefully I'll catch it on rerun or something. The important thing is I am still spreading a positive message of disability.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 09-29-2016 at 01:53 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Had a mild heart attack over the weekend. Thankfully no apparent damage to my heart. The cardiologist thinks a bit of plaque broke off in one of the coronary arteries and blocked the blood from my heart and then kept going. Spent the night in the ICU and was released the next day. Tired, but feeling OK. We take Tyler in tomorrow for his 72 hr. EEG, and sure didn't want to have to cancel that appointment. He has not been a happy camper and we need to figure out what is going on with him.

Will try to catch up with everyone and will update Tyler's test next week.

Happy September and onward to October.
    grandmother of Tyler (22): Ohtahara Syndrome/SCN2a gene mutation, cortically visually impaired, quadriplegic, severely developmentally delayed, no speech, severe intractable seizures, frontal and temporal lobe atrophy, progressive scoliosis/kyphosis, chronic kidney stones & UTI's, gastroparesis, 100% tube fed, autonomic dysreflexia, but what a precious gift from God. "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."

3. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Happy to hear that your teacher is doing well. May it continue to be so.

You can watch the second episode of "Speechless" (and the pilot ... and likely all of the episodes after they've aired) on line:

http://abc.go.com/shows/speechless/episode-guide

How wonderful that you are speaking to classes on disability issues. You Go Girl!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

5. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Tamie, Oh my God! I’m so glad you are alright!!! Your post scared me half to death for a moment there. For a split second I thought it was Tyler who had the heart attack but thank goodness I was wrong. I’m so relieved you are in one piece! Thankfully heart attacks are more survivable these days. Your heart never stopped did it?? Please,please get plenty of rest and as little stress as possible! You are such a good selfless caregiver for Tyler, still thinking so much of him after having a health scare of your own! Please take some time to care for yourself now. We do NOT want to lose you my dear!

Rose, thank you for the link! Unfortunately I have to sign in there and haven’t figured out how but I’ll watch the episodes ASAP and review them. Thank you for your encouragement to both me and my teacher!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Tamie I'm so glad you're OK, that sounds terrifying! I pray that the eeg goes well for Tyler. I'll watch for an update.
    funnylegs, great that you earned CPR. I'm so glad to hear that your teacher is doing so well.
    Mary Grace

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Tamie)))))) ~

Thank God you are all right and that your heart suffered no damage. I can only imagine how frightening that must have been for you. I wish that you were able to rest right now, but I know that's impossible with Tyler's 72 hr EEG. I'm sending lots of healing energy your way, and many prayers that the EEG reveals the answers to Tyler's issues.

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

So good to see you here! I know your hands are very full, and your days must be so busy with your child care. Hope everyone is well, and that Kathleen is enjoying the new school year as an assistant in the classroom. If you have a free moment (I know ... those are scarce), please give us a brief update!

((((((Hugs)))))) and Prayers for All ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12