NOTICE This is a global thread which means that after you reply you will most likely be in the Forum Feedback forum and not the forum you replied from.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible down time for BT within 2 days

Blog Entries

Exclamation Possible down time for BT within 2 days

Howdy folks

I just checked the email account that is set up to get notices from our server and it appears that the payment was declined by Dr. Hoch. I don't know why and I'm hoping to get in touch with him before the host shuts us down for non payment. Just be aware that it's possible BT will be offline for a little bit.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member

Mike, how much does it cost? What can we do?

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are over 25 people who visit the MS board regularly. I hope this down time won't happen. Please do let us know if we can help in any way.
    There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
    --Jane Austen, Emma

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Mike)))))) ~

I'm joining Ann and Joan in offering to assist. We may not be the bustling place we once were, but this is still home to us. Thanks for all you do for us ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member

In case of emergency downtime: meet at Agate's.

See Agate's profile for directions to her "home." Best to get them now before you need them.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Scary ! We oldsters don't like changes. Hope I make it back on??
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Many of us have been around here for 15+ years in spite of quite a few times when the place was down. This is probably another of those bumps in the road.

Let's hope the problem will be fixed soon--and many thanks to those who provide this place!
    There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
    --Jane Austen, Emma

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

Blog Entries

BT's host charges us $34 a month and that's a grandfathered discount plan I worked out a long time ago. I'm waiting for the host to get back to me to see about keeping us online and will post again when I know more. Thanks for the offer to help it's greatly appreciated :)

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Are we back on yet?
    or off n on yet?
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Blog Entries

I kept the power on for another month via Paypal. I'll get in touch with Dr. Hoch to find a solution. Off to work I go.

Step 1 - log in

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast