Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1030353637383940

Thread: OT August Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Rose, I am w you w a Mac but I started on hand me down laptops running windows from Peter. They drove me mad. Alerts of errors with numbers that I did not understand.

Finally, my 3rd computer was my own ibook. And because of the difference, I almost threw it across the room trying to apply what I had learned in windows to Macs! I have crossed over now and I am very happy.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

I never had Web tv but a lot of people talk of missing it. Must have been a good thing?!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I've always had a pc. This latest windows upgrade to 10 was the smoothest yet, for me. I got a pc way early -- much cheaper then (and now!) than a MAC, and I found Tthat most businesses and individuals I did business with used pcs too, so there was that compatibility issue: for a long time, MACS and PCs wouldn't "talk" with each other. I don't know if that is still true... Anyway....it works, I'm a happy camper. I'm waiting right now for my new kindle...old one "broke"...can't get any sound out of it. I paid over $300 for this one..,, and new ones are only $150! I'm getting 2..one for me, one for Tom Cat! They're giving me a $30 discount on mine, since they couldn't fix the broken one, so that's good, too. I do most everything on my kindle, these days, only occasionally working on my laptop (as I'm doing right now..).
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, I would be a nervous wreck trying to follow all the directions you are talking about, but then you all know me and my technology skills - or lack there of!

Like Cat, I always had PCs because I always worked and that is what I used at work. So it was natural to get one at home. If something happened to my PC at work I would just call someone or get a tech savvy person that worked there to fix it.

Nephew went out and bought a Maserati auto today. I am not sure how often he will get to drive it since he mostly flies when going to tournaments. I think he is going to Florida this week-end and he can drive it that far. I saw picture of him with it on FB. Looks like a sporty one. It is grey or silver so at least he didn't get a red one. He told my brother he had worked since age 7 and this was what he was going to do for himself.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Nothing's better tan a Mac, Cat....lol
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you Joan! I see me and I apparently I have one leg! News to me.

Mobi Mats are mobile sidewalks. They're made of something rubbery and w some texture. We have seen people using walkers on them and moms w strollers. No wheelchairs while I've been there. I appreciate them because my balance is way off trying to walk on sand with water in my ears.

ANN at the beach
    I apologize for bringing up the August thread but I found something about trends in making beaches accessible:

http://www.littlethings.com/wheelcha...l&utm_campaign
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Ol' Howie again after a 4 hour nap or so. I want to say I should have followed the advise by our Cat about cats and chocolate. I give Seven a little bite of my chocolate ice cream all the time.

Today....well yesterday, I was feeling generous with my chocolate ice cream, and gave Seven ice cream until she wanted no more. My stupid mistake, and Seven paid the price by being sick, and scaring me to death.

She is 100% back to her sweet self, not knowing she will never get chocolate of any kind again.

You keep giving advice about cat care, and I'm sorry I didn't follow your advice about cat care before.
    Roswell was a gift.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1030353637383940