Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tavist

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I haven't been to the store again. It will be tomorrow or the next day. I also will have a refill of my meds ready at CVS, and I'm sure they would have it. I usually go through the drive-thru and will, but then pull around front, and go in.

Whenever I have to go in, I will play my MS card, and get the person in front to get it for me so I don't have to walk. It really would be right on the edge of being able to walk that far.

I got something at CVS that way, not long ago, but don't remember what it was.
    Roswell was a gift.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Okay....here was part of my past week - As many of you might remember a neighbor and friend of mine died last Sunday. Here are sequence of events that followed. It is actually funny!!!

Wednesday night about 11:10P.M.: A neighbor called and said that some of us were going to get together and feed the family when they came to the deceased house on Friday at 2:00P.M.

Thursday: I got up and went to get my glasses fixed. They had broken the night before. I then went to the store and got ingredients for what I was taking. After searching in store (so walking a lot) I still could not find
    one item. Had to go to second store. That night I still had to fix what I was taking because it had to sit over night.

Friday: I got dressed so I could take my food to my neighbors and speak to her family. Just before 2P.M. I received a call that member of deceased family had called and said they could not be there before 4:30. I
    quickly went back to store and got a cheap platter and transferred food so that they would not keep my good one. (more walking)

Friday: Got another call about 4:30 and one of the ladies had contacted deceased family member and they did not even know about it and said they would be at the funeral the next day at 2:00P.M. This was
    daughter-in-law. So we waited until close to six P.M. and just called it off for Friday.

Saturday: It had been decided that they would come back to deceased house after funeral. So few neighbors that went said they would not go to gravesite and just leave church and come home and get everything ready.
    At funeral one of the neighborhood ladies that knew family well went to son and asked for key and told him that everything would be set up and ready when they got here. He told her that they were all going
    out to eat barbeque after they left gravesite. That this was what his Mother wanted.

When ladies returned from funeral they called me and told me that they had decided that we would all meet at one their houses and eat the food today at 1:00 o'clock.

Well, I was really bad with MS symptoms from Friday night on. So I was unable to do anything yesterday and today. A lady brought me a plate.

The person they had been dealing with works for the government and is some kind of diplomat. He is in Hungary for 3 years and then back here in the States for 3 to 4 years. He is in an office in Charleston, SC. It was his wife who did not know they were due to come here. Anyway, I thought I was going to have a pimento cheese sandwich for dinner tonight, but instead I had ham, deviled eggs, ambrosia, lettuce and tomato, pound cake, etc.

What is wrong with people??? One lady spent almost $60.00 on a ham, and will not let the rest of us help pay for it. With the extra money I spent for the platter I bought I spent over $30.00. However, for me personally, it is not the money that is bothering me, but the fact that I am now in an MS flair.

Thankfully, I do not have any appointments for this week and can stay in. I had to cancel dinner with my family tonight. Just could not make it. But, still it is funny if you stop to think about it.
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sorry everyone, I thought I was in Chit/Chat when I posted above post. I am having an MS couple of days. I apologize for messing up this thread.
    Virginia

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

And I followed her right in.
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 08-07-2016 at 04:12 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

You didn't mess it up. I've learned how to pronounce Tavist, and reaffirmed my funeral plans. Direct cremation the same day I die, no funeral. Burn my body, and it's done.
    Roswell was a gift.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Direct cremation the same day I die, no funeral. Burn my body, and it's done.
    That would be my preference too, Howie. If anyone has a memorial, they can play Pink Floyd's Eclipse.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Oh, and I forgot. Take the brain sample for MS research, THEN throw me in the oven.
    Roswell was a gift.

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

I am having a paddle out ceremony :) my buddies and I pinky swore to do it :)

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Hey, Pinky is my car! Salt water is horrible for cars!
    Roswell was a gift.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I went to the store today, then went in CVS to ask for Tavist. The lady went back to look, and brought a pharmacist with her, and that lady gave me the name of another pharmacist that would be in tomorrow, and said to call her and gave me the name and number.

She said Tavist is an old medication that they don't carry anymore, but the pharmacist that was off today could order it for me. So I AM trying to find some!

Since it's OTC, I figured it would be easy to get, but at least around here, it's apparently not.
    Roswell was a gift.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast