Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

They are really loving that! I love it when no one is dipping in the bowl, they are all just chewing away!
    Roswell was a gift.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Went back for a follow up visit to my surgeon today. And.....all is very well, no restrictions at all, his parting words were," I hope to never see you again for this"!!!

After 3 years, 2 near- death experiences.....hard to wrap my head around the fact that....the pressure soresxare gone, I'm healed.....And now I gotta,only concentrate on massive physical therapy. No more wound dressing,,no more infections, no more 2-3 times/week nursing visits, no more weekly 90 mile round trip visits to the wound clinic.

Left the surgeons office and went to an expensive but oh-so-good Japanese restaurant for lunch, to celebrate. Came home to find a note on our door that a friend is having a surprise birthday party later today...And we're going. Probably will crash tomorrow, but it's so worth it!

Then exercise, exercise, exercise....

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Cat this is the best news EVER! And to think you almost gave up! It's a good lesson for all of us! This is such wonderful news!

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Were you able to speak to your brother then, Howie? Glad he is ok.

Yes, I think humans are predisposed to pleasurable things, and avoidance of unpleasant things. That's why diet companies make a fortune, because people can change short-term, but seem resistant to continuing healthy changes long-term.

Unless you find exercise enjoyable or participate in an activity you love, or you develop a love of a fresh, healthy diet, it seems that these lifestyle choices are really, really hard to permanently change, even in the face of dire consequences. I think the addictive quality to high fat, high sugar content, as well as the inexpensive nature and ease of a bad diet only add to the difficulty. And I think the longer and bigger the problems, ie, the more weight one has to lose, the more overwhelming and impossible the challenge appears. It becomes easier to lose hope when rewards and benefits aren't as obvious. I think it has a domino effect too, the less one does, the harder it becomes to motivate oneself to do anything, and it creates a narrowing of one's world and more isolation. It's a vicious cycle.

I think smokers are finding this as smoking becomes more unacceptable, smokers go out less with less venues allowing smoking. Rather than motivating many to quit smoking, smokers are remaining at home more often, no restaurants, bars, or parks, etc. Even vaping is being prohibited in many public facilities now.

Peg, I love that you are enjoying horseback riding! Good luck with the well!

Jeanie, I think you do a marvelous job accommodating without coddling your limitations! I hope Lacy manages the fireworks, I've heard vets prescribe puppy valium sometimes to avoid the stress and anxiety in some dogs. The Dog Whisperer has some other ideas to help, what did we do without the internet and information at our fingertips?

https://www.cesarsway.com/dog-behavi...ring-fireworks

To all you summer babies born without a/c, remember too that temps have increased dramatically in recent years, and we're experiencing the hottest years...ever.
    Last edited by SuzE-Q; 07-01-2016 at 02:09 PM. Reason: add additional note

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Such happy news, Cat!

Enjoy the party!

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Jeanie, they need to do what the voters told them to do when they passed Amendment One! Buy the la d south of the lake, cleanse the black water and then send it where it belongs south thru the Everglades.

I read today that our Governor , Mr. Scott, accepted a $100,000 bribe, I mean contribution from BigSugsr very recently. Geesh. It's no surprise he used the amendment one money to pay salaries rather than buy the land.

Did your u see that viral video today of the manatee choking in the algae in the lagoon. Geesh.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bravo, Cat Dancer! Fireworks for your celebration and for July 4th too!

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Suze, vaping? I know what it means, but those less hip than you and I might not know. Let's just keep it a secret!
    Last edited by Howie; 07-01-2016 at 03:00 PM.
    Roswell was a gift.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know what vaping is, and it's now outlawed in this building.

Thank you for not showing us the manatee choking to death on the algae in a lagoon, BBS. That must have been sad to watch.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

It was sad just to hear about!
    Roswell was a gift.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast