Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast

Thread: OT June Chitchat

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Me to Howie. Hope she's ready for us...LOL!

((((((Cat n TC)))))) congrats!
    Last edited by SalpalSally; 06-02-2016 at 11:18 AM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Happy Anniversary Cat and Tomcat. I hope the doc lets you shower. I have been doing baths sitting on the toilet seat about 2 out of 3 days. When my energy is very low I hesitate to try climbing into and out of the shower. I also have used dry shampoo at times.

I went out to get my hair colored and was going to go to the grocery and to my mechanic to get service. When I came out it was so hot I just drove straight home and came into the AC. I will wait and go this evening when it is cooler.

I am headed to the bed for a nap now. Jeanie :)

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Finally" after cussing, and thinking,, { a very deadly combination},, I made it back ,, thanks Agate, for covering for me,,

my hard drive died,, and my computer had a complete over haul,, and of course I never keep passwords, so I finally remembered some,, and wrote down the ones I needed,,

everything is going here, not much change,, my infusion, is this coming Tuesday,,

so later
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Peg, so glad to see you. Until Agate informed us about your computer problems I was getting concerned. You are always so good about starting us out. For a little while we just kept going in May. I hope you are still benefiting from your infusions. Please keep us informed. Do you still feel you get more energy and do better on this medication?

Cat and Tom Cat, Happy Belated Anniversary!! Cat he even picked you flowers. Just can't ask for much more than that. He is turning into quite a cook. Sounds like you are right on track as far as getting close to your exercising and being able to move around a bit. I hope they help you with a shower. It will feel so good. Even though you bath when laying in the bed, there is still nothing like sitting under a shower. Stay in as long as you can and enjoy.

Agate, the walking is really good. Do you keep the pedometer on your wrist all the time? Does the time you spend on your exercise machine count? I feel sure it does. I don't do nearly that much walking. I just wonder if that is how you are getting most of your walking in. One other thing- how long do you stay on it each day?

Jeanie, hope you enjoy your nap.

Jendie, glad your son is coming home for awhile. Sounds like you keep quite a lot of food on hand. Howie needs to take lessons.

Ann, isn't it aggravating when you want to keep going and just can't, especially when you have others that you want to be around. Glad you were able to do that much with your family. I bet they enjoyed their visit there. Sorry it was hot for them, but we can't control the weather.

Howie, time is getting closer. Now you can begin to count hours instead of days.

I've got some coleslaw, but the expiration date is tomorrow and I have had the package open since I bought it. I sure would like to have some but I am a little afraid to eat it.

Sally, hope you are doing well. I am slowing down a lot also. I think I need to get a peddler like Agate has.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

wow! 48 year!

congratulations!

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I'm not even 48 years old.....anymore.

Congratulations!!! That's what "I do" is all about!
    Roswell was a gift.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Congrats, Cat & TC!

Glad you're back, Peg!

For Howie:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OM8f_zgsHrQ

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

A very Happy Anniversary to Cat and Tom Cat!
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

(Howie singing) The Tootsie Rolls will come out tomorrow,
    chased by a mug of coffee.........
    Roswell was a gift.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peg, it's good to see you back here! Computer problems are very annoying. Glad you got yours fixed.

Agate, the walking is really good. Do you keep the pedometer on your wrist all the time? Does the time you spend on your exercise machine count? I feel sure it does. I don't do nearly that much walking. I just wonder if that is how you are getting most of your walking in. One other thing- how long do you stay on it each day?
    Virginia, I wear the pedometer on my waistband. It's very simple--it just counts steps all day, and when I remove it at the end of the day I see the total and reset it to 0. There are a few clothes I can't wear it with and so some days get skipped but usually only a couple of days a month.

No, the pedalling machine doesn't count as steps even though I'm wearing the pedometer. I'd have to be taking actual steps.

So far I've been pedalling for 5-10 minutes a day. It's supposed to be building up strength in the leg muscles involved in walking and building up endurance, I think.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast