Thread: VP Shunt and Rollercoasters

Default VP Shunt and Rollercoasters

Hi. I was just wondering if it is safe to ride roller coasters with a nonprogramable vp shunt? We are going on vacation next week & will be visiting an amusement park with alot of roller coasters & I really want to ride them but didn't know if it was safe. Please advise. Thank you in advance, Jill

Welcome to BrainTalk, jill!

Your original post was in a forum that could only be seen by you and the moderators. I put your post here where all BT community members could see and perhaps help.

I have a suggestion. Why don't you just call your doctor and see what his recommendations are?

Thank You.
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 06-05-2016 at 11:49 AM.
    Moderator #7

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((jillwright1970)))))) ~

TO BRAINTALK!

I doubt than anyone here can tell you whether it is safe for you to ride on roller coasters. And I don't think any of us should offer up that opinion, in case we're wrong, and something happens to you, based upon our erroneous advice.

Aside from your shunt, there are likely many other variables to consider. Your overall health, any conditions you may have, any medications you might be taking, whether you have seizures, the condition of your heart, and so on.

What might be okay for one person, might not be okay for another person.

Moderator #7 gives the best advice for you: contact your neurologist.

If the answer is that you shouldn't ride roller coasters, don't allow that to interfere with your fun on your vacation. Find other things to do, and be grateful and just enjoy that you are able to do them.

Have a wonderful vacation! And please come back and let us know the highlights!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.