Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bell's Palsy or simply nerve damage with paralyzed face?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bell's Palsy or simply nerve damage with paralyzed face?

I had Bell's Palsy 30 years ago. What I am experiencing now after being rear ended in a car wreck is not the same but similar in that my eye won't blink, nostril will not flare, lip does not move on right side but the big difference is I can feel my hand upon my face and I experience horrible pain daily as if an ear infection, abscessed tooth, and baseball bat all hit me at once on the right side. The pain will calm then returns each day to wake me. I've seen 3 doctors so fall..all three are baffled. I see a neurologist in two weeks (I need him now). I am fearing this is permanent. My Bell's palsy 30 years ago gave no pain, was numb like I had bee filled up with novacaine and was over in 3 weeks.

I am taking a nerve pain med and it works most of the time then fails me on some days too as I grip my head, sit, and try to mentally overcome the pain that at one time I thought would throw me into shock. It was more intense than shingle pain I have experienced.

Does anyone have a thought on what I may have? Could it be a form of Bell's Palsy different than my first go round? This condition did not appear until a few days after I got a substantial blow to the back of my truck that whip lashed my very sensitive neck that already has had ACDF surgery with hardware and donor bone. I have gotten a lawyer simple because I'm afraid and don't know what I'm doing, what's wrong, and neither does three doctors so far.
    JB of LA (lower Alabama) 2004 ACDF C-5-6-7 DDD in Tspine Lumbar all messed up. Injuries too numerous to mention. Been told I must have a purpose in this life after surviving injuries that should have got me. Just never have figured out what it is.

Was going to edit typos but can't find edit button.
    JB of LA (lower Alabama) 2004 ACDF C-5-6-7 DDD in Tspine Lumbar all messed up. Injuries too numerous to mention. Been told I must have a purpose in this life after surviving injuries that should have got me. Just never have figured out what it is.

Comment

((((((ejbpesca)))))) ~

BACK!

I'm so sorry for your pain. I'm just taking a guess that since this pain occurred following your car accident/whiplash, that it is directly correlated to that accident. Perhaps you've re-injured a nerve? Just a guess, since I'm not a medical professional, of course.

Have you had any tests?

I hope that the neurologist will have answers to help you.

Please keep us posted.

Love & Light,

Rose
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

hey ejbpesca!

i agree with rose. it sounds connected to your accident and whiplash.

the only other thing i can think of that fits the description of the pain you are having is TMJ: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... (click on the link).

welcome back to BT!

thank you for sharing,
        jeannie
        WE ARE BT!
        "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
        "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
        "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Welcome to BrainTalk, ejbpesca,

The "Edit Post" feature is located in the lower right hand corner of your post, in the line that says, "Thanks", "Edit Post", "Reply" and "Reply With Quote".

Comment

Originally posted by Moderator #7 View Post
            Welcome to BrainTalk, ejbpesca,

The "Edit Post" feature is located in the lower right hand corner of your post, in the line that says, "Thanks", "Edit Post", "Reply" and "Reply With Quote".

My screen only has "reply with quote," not the other choices.

Comment

No tests yet except for test of patience with local medical community that is so slow to react we have lost many to lack of action. I had a day without pain! Today pain is back but not at high level.

Comment

Originally posted by ejbpesca View Post
                My screen only has "reply with quote," not the other choices.
                This is because the user group that you are in has limited abilities/permissions. Your 11th post should have the edit post, thanks, and reply options available.
                Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Sounds like you injured yourself and aggravated your Bells Palsy.
                  Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
                  My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Originally posted by funnylegs4 View Post
                    Sounds like you injured yourself and aggravated your Bells Palsy.
                    It has been two months since the wreck and seven weeks since the paralysis set in that is still with me, yet not as pronounced as at first. MRI's in a few days then have to wait another month to see Dr. again. I also have turned in my all level herniated lumbar MRI to him from Dec. I was here back in 2003, seeking advice for ACDF c345. Got a big D in my thoracic DDD for the first one.

My area is experiencing rapid growth population wise as folks move here and from all indications the medical community is overwhelmed. We have many services but getting to them is difficult. To go in for a test looks like Grand Central Station.

Comment

((((((ejbpesca)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that you are still suffering and that obtaining medical services is such a long, arduous process. I hope that the MRIs reveal something to assist in your diagnosis and treatment.

Please keep us updated. Healing prayers on the way for you ~

Love & Light,

Rose
                      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I have MRI in a couple of days. The pain is down. I am worried though. The eye lid just won't function as well as the corner of my mouth. At least I'm not biting myself to eat anymore so some improvement has come yet this is nothing like the Bell's Palsy I had as a younger person. It is taking way too long to recover.

Comment

Working...
                        X