Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 year old never-ending headache

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Kriss)))))) ~

Anything new? How are Marley's headaches? Hope things are better, and that you'll check in to update us.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Marlesmom, I am a mother to an 8 year old boy and your daughters story has caught my attention. My son started experiencing a never ending headache the end of December 2016. It has been going on now for 2 months. It is extremely painful & we cant seem to find anything wrong with him to be causing the headache & the headache wont break. He was diagnosed with 2 brain tumors when he was 4, he has had 3 surgeries to remove 1 of them. They were both benign. The other tumor is in his pituitary gland, but his neurosurgeon does not think it is causing the headaches. MRI is clean and blood work is fine. I was wondering if you have found any doctors in your search or medicines that might work. I cant watch him in so much pain everyday...what have you found?

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

My youngest daughter did this year's ago. Started when she was around 12. Constant headaches with no known trigger. It lasted for several months. She had all the tests available at that time. Never did find the cause. The doctor thought it might have been hormonal and put her on very low dose birth control pills. Oddly enough, it worked. When the headaches stopped we took her off the pills. She is prone to migraines now that she is an adult and has thyroid issues.
    grandmother of Tyler (22): Ohtahara Syndrome/SCN2a gene mutation, cortically visually impaired, quadriplegic, severely developmentally delayed, no speech, severe intractable seizures, frontal and temporal lobe atrophy, progressive scoliosis/kyphosis, chronic kidney stones & UTI's, gastroparesis, 100% tube fed, autonomic dysreflexia, but what a precious gift from God. "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jpittman10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marlesmom, I am a mother to an 8 year old boy and your daughters story has caught my attention. My son started experiencing a never ending headache the end of December 2016. It has been going on now for 2 months. It is extremely painful & we cant seem to find anything wrong with him to be causing the headache & the headache wont break. He was diagnosed with 2 brain tumors when he was 4, he has had 3 surgeries to remove 1 of them. They were both benign. The other tumor is in his pituitary gland, but his neurosurgeon does not think it is causing the headaches. MRI is clean and blood work is fine. I was wondering if you have found any doctors in your search or medicines that might work. I cant watch him in so much pain everyday...what have you found?
    I heard some people with brain conditions like brain tumors are prone to headaches because of changes in the brain the tumor leaves behind.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Blog Entries

((((((jpittman10)))))) ~

TO BRAINTALK!

We're glad you found us and hope you will stay with us and join in our conversations.

Marlesmom hasn't posted since May 2016, so unless she checks in here periodically, she may not respond to your message.

Since your son's second tumor remains in his pituitary gland, I think Tamie's observation about hormones as a potential cause is plausible. Have your son's hormone levels been tested, specifically, pituitary, thyroid, and adrenal?

Has scar tissue been ruled out? Vascular issues? Allergies? Sinus problems? Seizures and headaches are related. Has your son had an EEG to rule out seizures? Has his neuro considered any spinal issues, neck, vertebrae misalignment? I gather that your son didn't have a trauma to his brain, through a concussion or other kind of injury.

I wish I could provide answers rather than questions.

Please keep us updated on your son's situation.

Sending healing prayers your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Earth Mother 2 Angels, thank you for responding.

My sons hormones are off. His body isnt producing growth hormones so he has to take a daily shot of hormones. We took him off the shot for 2 weeks to see if they were causing the headaches...but they were not...which we thought would be the case since he has been taking those shots for almost 3 years & nothing has changed. We haven't had any other hormones checked specifically...He does blood work every 4 months. I would think something alarming would show up in those. But i will ask about this...because at this point anything is possible.

Scar tissue has been ruled out. Allergies & sinus problems have been ruled out by an ENT. I have asked about seizures but unless there are visible signs they wont do an EEG which makes me mad...i mean it is my money & my child...whats it going to hurt.

We went out of state to a different children's hospital and the neurologist there says he thinks it is another CSF leak...which would make sense. My son did have a leak after this first brain surgery. It feels like this might be it...but the Neurosurgeon re-reviewed his brain MRI and couldn't see a leak. I guess they are really hard to find on an MRI. So I begged them to do a spinal MRI and put the dye in his spine to see if this could be it. That appt is scheduled for April 11.

My son has also meet with a couple holistic doctors and they said his hips were a little off but after 3 adjustments nothing really helped. He does love getting massages and the peace he feels there. He has not suffered any kind of trauma to his brain. But all the headaches started as he was getting over alittle cold...which as i have read online could be a trigger to these never ending headaches.

Hopefully something gives soon & we can find answers or the headache will break

Thanks jpittman10

Hello to all!! Well the update on Marley is....it was hormones!!! She got her period and the headaches are now much more deal able and go away! Now at the most maybe 2 days and then gone! It has been life changing...she is so much happier and is living life like a normal 13 year old ( other then her airway issues)...thanks to all of you for your advice and caring.
    Hope everyone is doing well
    Kriss.
    Trying to send a picture...not sure if I did it correctly
    [IMG]182102[/IMG]

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Kriss)))))) ~

What great news! Thank you for sharing with us! Puberty and hormones can do a lot of strange things to growing bodies. When I taught tweens and teens, I referred to them as "hormones with legs."

I think members have to have 10 or more posts to enable the feature to add images/photos. Wish we could see your Marley! Post a few more times!

May Marley continue to thrive and be pain free!

Love & Light,

Rose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12