Thread: 12 year old never-ending headache

Default 12 year old never-ending headache

My daughter just turned 12. In November I took her to a neurologist for a headache of 3 weeks. They admitted her to children's hospital straight from her appointment . They did an mri which was negative. And tried alot of drugs..none helped. Here we are in may and she has never had a day without a headache. About 4 days a week they are extremely painful. She has no sensitivity to light. They are always worse behind the eyes. Laying down helps but just a little. She has a supraglottic hemangioma that has required 35 surgeries and as a little one had benign recurrent sixth nerve palsy. Her ENT said all is normal in sinus and ears. We are at a loss as she is so uncomfortable. There has been no further evaluation with the neurologist except her mri in November and trying drugs. Has anyone heard of anything like this..... so recap....constant headache. ..never goes away but can get more dealable somedays...pain behind eyes and in head. Sometimes feels very off balance and sometimes when it's really bad she gets blurry vision. ...she is incredibly smart and is in gifted classes. .she pushes through school barely. ..and crashes when she gets home. Someone please help!!!!!

2. The following user says "thanks"

Welcome to BrainTalk, Marlesmom!

I'm going to give you the link to Child Neurology: http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...hild-Neurology

The women and men here have had a lot of experience with children's neurological issues and I think you will get more support and more help with your problem there. This forum isn't that busy, but your post can remain here, also. I suggest you just copy and paste your post over there or someone will find you here from Child Neurology.

I'm sorry your daughter is going through such hard times and as her Mom, you are very concerned. I hope you get some ideas from our forum members.

Moderator #7

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

4. The following user says "thanks"