Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT May Chit Chat

Howdy Doody everyone !!

Jeanie ,you're wish is my command >>>> Things are good here,,Joe is busy, lining things up, for fieldwork,, garden planted,,he,is always the unpaid hire hand for his family,.,
    .Josh the oldest is extremely busy, { he is a contractor},, anyone want to hire him?,,lol,
    ,Tom my youngest, is graduating from college as a certified ET tech, he has a 3.8 in college,, heck I was lucky to get a high B
    , so we go to his graduation >> Friday, our grandson Thain turns 9 this Saturday,, they are having a party that night,, Nora is as tall as me now,, she turns 11 in June..
    I am doing good,, in fact, another treatment this Tuesday.. I don't want to jinx this, but it seems to be working..

that all folks,,Later,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Good to have some news of you and your family, Peg! Hard to think that Thain will be 9--happy birthday to Thain! I remember when he was born--Nora too, for that matter.

Congratulations on the graduating son.

That's really good news that the treatment might be working. Maybe we just have to keep one treatment and then another until we find one that works?
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I'm still here, still in bed! Hopeful that this wound will finally heal....but will have a long road f physical therapy ahead...

Comment

Happy May, everyone! Here's hoping it's a good month for all.

Peg, glad to hear things are going well. Hoping Tuesday's tx goes really well and you continue to experience positive results. Sounds like you have lots to celebrate.

Virginia, hoping your mystery is soon eradicated. That area is extra sensitive which may be why it's not elsewhere.

Cherie, hoping you're feeling better too.

Cat, so really happy everything went well, your fears are allayed, you're home now and you can begin the road of recovery.

Agate, hoping you benefit from your little pedaler too.

Something is going wonky with my vision now, my eyes feel strained and soooo sensitive now, all day every day over the last couple days. Not sure what's going on. They just hurt. Hoping it doesn't last long.

Wondering how renee's new cat Joey is doing.

Gary, miss you.
        Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

And here comes Howie, just waking up but still in bed. SAM, I am not a slacker, I'll feed you in a minute!

Peg, can I rub your head for good luck, so many good things going on for you, and best of all, your TX seems to be working. YOU GO GIRL! I'm with Agate, I can't believe Thain is nine already. No wonder my back hurts.

Cat, PT is going to seem like fun compared to now. It will hurt at times, but at least you'll get to move!

Suze, you really should see a doctor about what's going on with your eyes. Vision is too important to take chances with.

So did anyone here ever get to do the May Pole Dance when you were a kid in school? I did once but don't remember anything else about it. About all I remember right now is payday in 2 days.

Everyone have a great day, and don't forget to invite me if you're going to dance!
          Last edited by Howie; 05-01-2016, 10:06 AM.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
            So did anyone here ever get to do the May Pole Dance when you were a kid in school? I did once but don't remember anything else about it. About all I remember right now is payday in 2 days.
            Never did a May Pole dance. I'm sure you were adorable. Lemme pinch dem cheeks!

Whatcha gonna buy me after you get paid?

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

When I was a kid I took part in at least one Maypole dance. The school had these pieces of playground equipment, called giant strides:

Somebody converted that pole into a Maypole at least one year. The kids LOVED the giant strides but we were always getting injured on them. Fall off and you hit a bunch of rocks. We had fun though. One girl who got a tooth knocked out even had a bit of fun showing off the movable false tooth she got afterwards.

I can't remember anything about the Maypole celebration except that the little girls had to dress up. And we wove long strands of colored crepe paper around the pole, probably.

Howie, the thought of you dancing around a Maypole is mind-boggling. It will take me a while to process this.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

:)Hi everyone. Happy May! Peg thanks for your update. It is hard to believe your grandkids are that big already.

Andy came by this morning with coffee and some of Jamie's things her Mother had put aside for my son Jim's wife Carla. Jamie and Carla wore size ones and twos. He also had his truck and several big bags for the Salvation Army. We bagged up all the purses and shoes that were left in the bins in my living room and he will take them to the SA with the rest.

He gave Lacy another bath. She still does not like them but is less vocal about it now. It is amazing how little hair she has left. At least with her shirt and donut collar she has less places she can lick.

Gary I hope your BP is down. We are now in Summer, even though it should be cooler. Jeanie :)

Comment

Vicky, you don't talk about pinching cheeks to someone wearing a thong. And what am I getting you come payday? Some thick, fuzzy, mittens!

Agate, I've seen those giant strides, but have never gotten to swing on one. Looking back, it's too bad I didn't wear a thong back in those days. Then the image of me dancing around the May Pole would be even more difficult to process!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

You should all go look at the owls in the Netherlands. The Steenuil is sitting on 4 but the other owls haven't laid yet as far as I can tell.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

I,m always happy to see May come around. Sure hope this May is better to me than
                      last May. May 30th is when my big fall was. Uggggg! It was in the high 80s that
                      day and my A/C went out and down I went...splatttttt!

Glad to see you all.....Gary get your cute butt back here, or we're gonna tell your Wife.
                      Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

Peg, you were right on schedule. I am with the rest of these people, I can hardly believe your Grandchildren are that old. I remember Thain and Nora being cute little ones. So happy to hear you think your treatment is working. Hope this next one goes well. Please keep us informed. Do you keep taking them indefinitely or is there a certain number when you give it a rest?

Agate, I did a Maypole dance one year. I had to make a costume out of crepe paper. I think I was a buttercup. I remember we had pink and yellow. Beyond that I don't remember a lot.

Cat, I know you are getting aggravated with just laying in bed all the time. Just remember, this too shall pass and then on to the fun part - PT!!!!

Howie, have you got a list made for tomorrow? You going to wing it again I bet. Now, you know you always have to go back for a couple of items.

Jeanie, Andy is always so true to you, but I know you are to him in return. Just glad you have him so close by.

SusieQ, I am bad about not wanting to go to the Doctor, but when it comes to my eyes - well, that is another thing. You just take it easy and decide if you think you should go.

Sally, you are a real pal. Last night I got out the baking soda (new box) and used it and got a good night's sleep. Thanks for the tip. I really hope this May is much better for you than last May was.

I went to the drug store today and got a new tube of Cortisone cream, a new tube of Neosporin, more cotton to put the milk of magnesium on my leg if that rash comes back and a new bottle of the milk of magnesium. Then I went to the grocery store and while there I got a different kind of cleaner for when my part-time maid does my shower seat.

Anyone seen Rene around lately? I haven't.

Ann, I guess you and hubby are spending the week-end having a good time together.
                        Virginia

Comment

Thought I would put this in a separate thread. I have known this for a week now, but went out to eat with my two brothers and their wives tonight and we talked again. I would like to ask that those of you who will, please keep my middle brother in your thoughts and prayers. He has heart problems. You would not know it to look at him. His coloring is good and he looks good, and he acts good most of the time.

He had first by-pass at age 43 at which time they bypassed all 5 arteries. Eight years later they went back in and bypassed 3 arteries and said that the other two should have been done but were too diseased to do them. At that time the Surgeon said he could never go back in there.

Since that time, he has had numerous stents. I really can't remember how many. They told him a week ago after yearly testing that the left side of his heart is not getting enough blood flow. On May 12th he will be having a heart catheterization to determine exactly what is going on. They say he may need 2 or 3 stents, but the Doctor has told him he doesn't know if this area can be stented. He said if not they would need to open him up again. He did not tell him what the Surgeon had said the last time that was done.

I will be anxious until this over. Just wanted my forum friends to know that all is not well in my family right now. I am not trying to make anyone sad. We have enough other things going on here right now, but still just wanted all of you to know.
                          Last edited by Virginia; 05-01-2016, 05:17 PM.
                          Virginia

Comment

Oh, Virginia, I'm very sorry you are worrying about this. Will keep your brother in my thoughts and prayers.

Cardiology has changed and progressed in leaps and bounds. I'll bet there IS much they can do nowadays than when the doctor a while ago said he wouldn't go back in.

Thanks for you and Howie's concern and kind suggestion about my eyes. I always appreciate the feedback and suggestions!

Please let us know how your brother gets on, ok?
                            Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

SuzE-Q, do you have any allergies that you know of? Allergies can do bad things to eyes. I hope you'll visit an eye doctor.

Virginia, your brother is being put through a lot of medical procedures, isn't he? Everyone must be very concerned, particularly now that any medical procedure is so high tech that you wonder if you've wandered into some future time. I understand robots are doing surgery sometimes.

I hope he will come through these next procedures with an improved situation. It's always nice when the doctors can fix something, and some of the fixes they've come up with are amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X