Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567123252 ... LastLast

Thread: OT May Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

I,m always happy to see May come around. Sure hope this May is better to me than
    last May. May 30th is when my big fall was. Uggggg! It was in the high 80s that
    day and my A/C went out and down I went...splatttttt!

Glad to see you all.....Gary get your cute butt back here, or we're gonna tell your Wife.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Peg, you were right on schedule. I am with the rest of these people, I can hardly believe your Grandchildren are that old. I remember Thain and Nora being cute little ones. So happy to hear you think your treatment is working. Hope this next one goes well. Please keep us informed. Do you keep taking them indefinitely or is there a certain number when you give it a rest?

Agate, I did a Maypole dance one year. I had to make a costume out of crepe paper. I think I was a buttercup. I remember we had pink and yellow. Beyond that I don't remember a lot.

Cat, I know you are getting aggravated with just laying in bed all the time. Just remember, this too shall pass and then on to the fun part - PT!!!!

Howie, have you got a list made for tomorrow? You going to wing it again I bet. Now, you know you always have to go back for a couple of items.

Jeanie, Andy is always so true to you, but I know you are to him in return. Just glad you have him so close by.

SusieQ, I am bad about not wanting to go to the Doctor, but when it comes to my eyes - well, that is another thing. You just take it easy and decide if you think you should go.

Sally, you are a real pal. Last night I got out the baking soda (new box) and used it and got a good night's sleep. Thanks for the tip. I really hope this May is much better for you than last May was.

I went to the drug store today and got a new tube of Cortisone cream, a new tube of Neosporin, more cotton to put the milk of magnesium on my leg if that rash comes back and a new bottle of the milk of magnesium. Then I went to the grocery store and while there I got a different kind of cleaner for when my part-time maid does my shower seat.

Anyone seen Rene around lately? I haven't.

Ann, I guess you and hubby are spending the week-end having a good time together.
    Virginia

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Thought I would put this in a separate thread. I have known this for a week now, but went out to eat with my two brothers and their wives tonight and we talked again. I would like to ask that those of you who will, please keep my middle brother in your thoughts and prayers. He has heart problems. You would not know it to look at him. His coloring is good and he looks good, and he acts good most of the time.

He had first by-pass at age 43 at which time they bypassed all 5 arteries. Eight years later they went back in and bypassed 3 arteries and said that the other two should have been done but were too diseased to do them. At that time the Surgeon said he could never go back in there.

Since that time, he has had numerous stents. I really can't remember how many. They told him a week ago after yearly testing that the left side of his heart is not getting enough blood flow. On May 12th he will be having a heart catheterization to determine exactly what is going on. They say he may need 2 or 3 stents, but the Doctor has told him he doesn't know if this area can be stented. He said if not they would need to open him up again. He did not tell him what the Surgeon had said the last time that was done.

I will be anxious until this over. Just wanted my forum friends to know that all is not well in my family right now. I am not trying to make anyone sad. We have enough other things going on here right now, but still just wanted all of you to know.
    Last edited by Virginia; 05-01-2016 at 05:17 PM.
    Virginia

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Oh, Virginia, I'm very sorry you are worrying about this. Will keep your brother in my thoughts and prayers.

Cardiology has changed and progressed in leaps and bounds. I'll bet there IS much they can do nowadays than when the doctor a while ago said he wouldn't go back in.

Thanks for you and Howie's concern and kind suggestion about my eyes. I always appreciate the feedback and suggestions!

Please let us know how your brother gets on, ok?

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

SuzE-Q, do you have any allergies that you know of? Allergies can do bad things to eyes. I hope you'll visit an eye doctor.

Virginia, your brother is being put through a lot of medical procedures, isn't he? Everyone must be very concerned, particularly now that any medical procedure is so high tech that you wonder if you've wandered into some future time. I understand robots are doing surgery sometimes.

I hope he will come through these next procedures with an improved situation. It's always nice when the doctors can fix something, and some of the fixes they've come up with are amazing.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SuzE-Q, do you have any allergies that you know of? Allergies can do bad things to eyes. I hope you'll visit an eye doctor.
    No, no major allergies.

I actually think it's an MS attack, my bladder control seems to be shot too. Darn, and I just saw my neuro maybe a couple weeks ago too.

Does anybody else sometimes think they "catch" something from the neuro's office because it seems that more than once, they too feel MS-ey some time after they leave?

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Yes, Agate and Suze these Doctors can and already have done amazing things. This time is different due the Doctor telling him that he did not know if this area could be stented or not. He is 8 years younger than I am.

I am sad when I want to be glad. My youngest Niece (daughter of brother who is 13 years younger than me) is getting married June 4th. It is going to be a pretty large wedding. They invited a little over 200 guest and are expecting 170 to 175 to attend. I have already been to one shower. There is another one next Saturday, but I might not attend. She has already told me I did not have to attend all of them. So, this is a happy thing as we like the young man she is marrying. By the way Sally, he is from Ohio. His Mother told me that my Niece was already the daughter she never had. They talk on the phone a lot and make trips back and forth between here and Ohio. The kind of relationship I think anyone would want.

I must confess I would not want that large a wedding, but this is first marriage for both. They are paying for a lot of it and then both families are paying for quite a bit. If that is what they want then it is their wedding and not mine.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Did you know I don't even HAVE a Neuro? I was DXed by a Neuro-Optho because I knew where her office was. Then Dr. Howie took over. I like him a lot!
    Roswell was a gift.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Virginia I am praying for your brother. Keep us posted. Suze do get you eyes checked. I thought i had ON and it wound up being a detaching retina. I almost lost all vision in that eye. It is better to be safe than sorry. With corrective lens and a buckle they put on the retina my vision in that eye is 20/200 which is legally blind. Thankfully my other eye is 20/25. Jeanie:)

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Suze, I have never felt that way about my Neuro's office. Either way if you really are thinking it is MS, with the eyes involved if it does not settle down pretty quickly I would see my eye Doctor. I hope you have an Ophthalmologist who sees MS patients. Mine sees quite a few and so is usually pretty astute about whether or not something to do with my eyes is MS or something else.

Edited to add: Jeanie's situation is another reason not to take your eyes for granted.
    Last edited by Virginia; 05-02-2016 at 08:54 AM.
    Virginia

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567123252 ... LastLast