Ignoring a users post and their posts that are quoted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignoring a users post and their posts that are quoted

Howdy folks :) See my signature for instructions on how to put someone on your ignore list. This is a handy way to stop seeing posts from people you don't like, or don't agree with their posts. When the developers implemented this feature they completely forgot about another person being able to quote the person you ignored. This means that you can still see a post from someone you ignored if they were quoted by someone else. That is up until today. For awhile now I've been tweaking a modification that was created to block a quoted post from a person that you have ignored.

This is the unofficial/official beta test of these tweaks. I'll be using this thread to ignore one of my other accounts (Iambanned) to see how practical it is. If it works then yippie less drama on the forums! If not, oh well back to the drawing board.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Hahaha Mike you suck!

Comment

Originally posted by IamBanned View Post
      Hahaha Mike you suck!
      No, no he doesn't, unless of course this does not work

Comment

Yay it looks like it's working on my end

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
        Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

I still think he sucks

Comment

Now to remove myself from my ignore list and see what happens

Upon removing myself from my ignore list, I can now see all posts made by my alter ego, even if they were made while I was ignoring myself

Step 1 - log in

Comment

:) Hi Mike, I appreciate all you do for this board. It seems that everthing is getting back to normal here. Jeanie :)

Comment

Me too Mike....hugs!
                Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

Thank You Mike - Hope it works out.
                  Alex44 - Skypilot

Comment

Working...
                  X