Membership question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Membership question

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove your name/membership/post from Brain Talk?

Originally posted by Gary View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to remove your name/membership/post from Brain Talk?
    Gary Sweetheart, please, with tears in my eyes , don't leave!!!!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

:) Gary please do not leave our board. Jeanie :)

Comment

We need you on the forum, you are an important member. Cool down bro, it will pass.
        Last edited by Howie; 04-29-2016, 02:19 PM.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

WHAT HOWIE SAID.

This board has been through far worse times.
          Last edited by agate; 04-29-2016, 01:58 PM.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I found out that you cant UNregister. So I did the next best thing, I wont post and I have no intention on returning. And no worries I DO NOT wish to be talked out of it and I no longer wish to be a part of BT especially when I am told that either put up with it or get the **** out (GTFO) Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... by people who are in charge. It is no longer a friendly place and obliviously the moderators could care less. So no need to reply I am not going to see it. And I reset my profile so that I cannot receive private messages.

Edited to add: This is a good example;
            Originally posted by Frog42 View Post
            Please behave like adults. If you need to leave that's one thing but making an announcement about it suggests you want to be talked out of it.
            Last edited by Gary; 04-29-2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Hello Gary!

It isn't possible to delete your membership from BT. If you want to have all your posts deleted, that might be possible, either by doing it yourself, or asking Mike's help.

Please rethink your decision. I put up the statement that Mike had written several months ago in response to the problems this forum was having with another member, so that members would be reminded of what Mike said that pertained to the situation that we're experiencing now. You can find Mike's original post here: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... . It was written on 2/09/2016.

Gary, I have never seen you post anything disrespectful or unkind. Mike's words were to the people who were experiencing problems with the forum member and wouldn't just "Ignore" her.

Thank you,

I just saw your last post above mine. It's unfair to say the moderators don't care. We are volunteers here, but we are also members here dealing with our own diseases, mental health conditions and stuff happening in our lives.
              We think several times before we post or delete posts or parts of posts. We want to give as much freedom as possible for EVERYONE to speak, but we will not tolerate name calling, flaming, slamming or spamming.

And it was said to "be respectful", not "put up with it"...
              Last edited by Moderator #7; 05-01-2016, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Gary, you've had so much to deal with , with your own health issues....you didn't need the stress this brought you. Why not just take a break for awhile, as I did, then come back. You're a valuable and loved part of this community. Chill a bit, breathe deep, then come on home.
                Last edited by Moderator #7; 04-29-2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Exacerbator is still a member of the MS board.
                  Last edited by Moderator #7; 05-04-2016, 10:04 AM.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

GTFO isn't the most respectful thing to say to people who've been on a board forever, but it is the way many people are routinely talking these days.

There has been a major shift in usage of the f*** word and quite a few other words in English in recent years. No need for anyone to get very offended at this expression. It still strikes me as offensive and disrespectful, but I have to admit--it's the way a lot of people talk.

Comment

Gary, Uppitycats said it best. You know how we say we are family - well family has disagreements, but we don't stop being a family. That having been said I don't know of anyone who is really a part of our family who has said anything disrespectful to you. If they did I am sure it was not meant in that way. You yourself have said many times that things can be misinterpreted when written, and that often people are just feeling bad and don't realize how they are coming across. We need you and I think what Uppitycats and Agate said makes very good sense.
                      Virginia

Comment

I hate to ask you to re-think your decision for our own selfish reasons, Gary. I was alarmed by the biting abbreviation "gtfo" too from Admin. I don't think many of us are used to such jarring language. As agate says, maybe it's become more acceptable as an abbreviation than when it's spelled out, and more commonplace.

I understand why you too feel a biting suggestion to "gtfo" from Admin if we're not happy is not an appropriate way to confront the issue.

I am so hoping you know how vital you are to us all, and how empty we'll feel if we lost you here.

Selfishness be d@mmed...I hope you don't leave us. Please add my voice in with the chorus too.
                        Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

((((((Gary)))))) ~

You are a long standing member of the MS Forum FAMILY. You are very loved, as is obvious from all of the years that I've been following the MS Forum. And through these years, the MS Family has shown great compassion and kindness toward each other, until a new poster joins and stirs things up. Please don't allow this new poster, who clearly doesn't appreciate the history and depth of friendship among the MS Family members, to push you out.

Although you don't want to be talked out of it, the natural response from those, who love and care about you here, is to persuade you to remain. You will be missed, and folks will worry about you. And for that reason, I think it's a good thing, when members, who need to take a break or decide to leave, tell the forum members.

Many of our CN forum members just vanished, and I wonder how they and their children are, and wish that they'd at least let us know that they were leaving, before they left.

As Cat said, take some deep breaths and try to relax a little, Gary. You've been under so much stress, and this isn't helping bring down your blood pressure. And honestly, this situation isn't worth upsetting you or anyone else. We all have bigger fish to fry than a fracas on the forums.

Healing prayers on their way for you ~

Love & Light,

Rose
                          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

An acronym can have many meanings. While GTFO typically is used with the offending "f word" it doesn't always imply said word. Either way no offense was intended. I will not apologize for the use of an acronym or the occasional swear word.

I am saddened that recent events are causing undue stress on a few of our members, hence the curt message in the aforementioned post/the last time this situation came up.

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                            Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                            Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                            Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                            Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.
                            Last edited by Mike Weins; 04-29-2016, 08:16 PM. Reason: tweaked a sentence or two
                            Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                            Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                            Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                            Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                            Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                            Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                            Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

So GTFO stands for "get the flip out."

Seriously, language is constantly changing, and one big change in the last few decades has been that words that were taboo are far from taboo now. They're downright fashionable. Some of us don't use them but there's not much anyone can do to stop the changes that happen in any language over time.

And anyway, you're in charge here and can say whatever you want. As someone on the MS board recently pointed out, the rest of us are guests here.

I hope Gary will rethink his decision.

People are grateful to have this board and glad that you and the moderators are willing and able to keep it going. I know it's a lot of tedious effort.
                              Last edited by agate; 04-30-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X