Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10305055565758596061 LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Oh yeah, I love them. It's hard for me to sneak one out for me without the cats hearing.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) About 3 AM Peg will be starting a May Chit Chat. I wonder when Peg sleeps? When I stay up late I have to stay in bed part of the day. Peg instead of just saying hello from the tar paper shack, let us know how you are doing and how is Joe and the family. I wish we could do Leafwatcher's again. Jeanie :)

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Jeanie, I went to Leaf Watchers one time and there were not as many went as when you did, but it was still great to meet the people I met. Do you ever hear from Laurel from Boone, N.C. or Maggie from Florida? There were several others there but I can't remember their names. I remember their faces. One drove all the way from Indiana, and I believe the other drove from Ohio. I really liked Laurel especially. I don't think I could physically make another one, but it would be really nice to meet some more people in person.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) I went to 3 of the Leafwatchers. One in Boone, NC and one in Boston and the one at Disney. I email Laurel, Susan, Maggie and Gail. I did talk to Gail K on the phone. She and Peg were the ones who met my plane and we drove in Gail's car to Boone. Gail has had a lot on her plate with MS and her son who is on the Autism spectrum.

Maggie and Stoney retired and got a RV and travel a lot. They have only been down here once. I am not doing any long distance driving now so one would need to be in Florida and preferably South Florida. If one were held here in West Palm Beach, I could pick people up at the airport. I am less than 2 miles from it. I do have a ramp van.

I just don;t think I could organize the whole thing by myself. I also have two blow up beds, one a twin and one a queen. It was so nice to get to know many of the board posters. Some no longer post, like Donna, Deeann, Gail, LaCeli (Laura), Marsha and Susan. So some could crash here. Let us think about it some. Jeanie :)

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

It's likely I will be thrown off braintalk as I just challenged Mike, so I wanted to sneak n here and say goodbye, and you can find me on Facebook under my real name ,
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 05-01-2016 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Please think again about posting your real name...so many non-members lurk here. I will remove it for now.

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I might be thrown out as well because I just complained about a post. The admin might not agree with me. I believe most people here have me on Facebook. If not, please contact anyone you know on this board, and that person is authorized to give you my Facebook information and/or my e-mail address.
    Last edited by agate; 04-30-2016 at 10:41 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Exacerbator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uppitycats View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's likely I will be thrown off braintalk as I just challenged Mike, so I wanted to sneak n here and say goodbye, and you can find me on Facebook under my real name...
    I'm not sure, of course, but it could be worse: I Just Want[ed] To Have Something To Do, and all I got was this stupid t-shirt . . .

Here's hoping your 'turnout' is better than mine.
    Last edited by Exacerbator; 04-30-2016 at 10:40 PM. Reason: *Classified*

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie Z View Post
    :) Instead of baby powder, corn starch is much finer and works as well. Jeanie :)

I agree too!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uppitycats View Post
    It's likely I will be thrown off braintalk as I just challenged Mike, so I wanted to sneak n here and say goodbye, and you can find me on Facebook under my real name ,
    I am really sorry that you are afraid of being suspended or removed. I had hoped that BT had lost that stigma a long time ago when we started being more lenient. You're "challenge" is not going to get you into trouble :)
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    I might be thrown out as well because I just complained about a post. The admin might not agree with me. I believe most people here have me on Facebook. If not, please contact anyone you know on this board, and that person is authorized to give you my Facebook information and/or my e-mail address.
    You used the proper channels to complain about that post, you have nothing to worry about for doing so :)
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10305055565758596061 LastLast