Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 113151565758596061

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    :) Instead of baby powder, corn starch is much finer and works as well. Jeanie :)
    My mom uses corstarch, too. I'd introduce her to this forum, but she doesn't have or want a computer. She has been dx with MS since 2010.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your mom has MS as well? Computers can be terrifying to someone unfamiliar with them.

I had my first computer when I was about 56, and didn't get Internet access until a couple of years later. It was several years later that I found this board, and had almost no experience with Internet bulletin boards up to then except for a couple of book discussion boards. I was 61 when I joined here. I don't know if this information will encourage your mom or discourage her, but computers aren't as terrifying as she might think.

I'll admit that whenever I used to get error messages, and I got them often back in the days of Win 95 and Win 98, a cold chill came over me.

"FATAL EXCEPTION ERROR" was one of them. That sounds pretty bad.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Yesterday I was on Facebook reading and one of the things I read had 3 pages. I quit after the 2nd page, but a screen popped up that a Zeus virus had been detected. I could not close that page and I tried several ways.

Then I hit Control,Alter, Delete and closed the computer down. I restarted it and went to my AVG program and ran that and it found the virus and deleted it.

Jendie I am 75 and not very computer savy, but almost always shutting down and restarting fixes a lot of problems. I send and receive emails, go to this (BT) site, Goodshape's MS board and Facebook. Other than those things I just play Solitaire or Dominoes on it.

I watch METV with Lucy, Happy Days, Mayberry, Wonderwoman, the Loveboat, etc. NBC is channel 5 here and me tv is 5.1. Jeanie :)

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Jeanie, I remember my dad bringing home a "computer" when I was a kid. He worked for a drug company, and it saved him from having to write out the orders for each drug store he went to. Then at the end of the day, hit "send" and everyone's order would be ready for him in the morning.

Nothing like where computers have gone now.

Well, I was going to try to take a nap, but never fell asleep. It still felt good to rest awhile. Then I got up and made my coleslaw for later. Grabbed a beer, and here I am.
    Roswell was a gift.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 113151565758596061