Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567123252 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Yesterday Jamie's Mom brought me back my sleeping jacket. It is about 30 years old and had one large hole on the left elbow and several small ones. She took off the left pocket and used it over the big hole and she stitched up all the other spots. It was nice to have it on last night again. My left shoulder needs to stay warm to keep it's arthritis from hurting and the jacket works well for that.

Andy gave Lacy a bath and she chewed herself raw and weeping. Today I got her a collar so she can't do it anymore. We are headed to the Cheesecake Factory to meet Jim Carla and Matt for my late birthday dinner. Jeanie :)

2. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Cool and droopy here in SW Ohio. Or should I say drippy!

waiting for those May flowers.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

4. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

My daughter Heather just posted on Facebook that a neighbor's Husky got loose and killed 5 of her chickens and 9 were missing. Rooster came home with half of his feathers missing and three injured hens have made their way back home. Still waiting to see if the rest are alive or not. I would think the owner of the dog needs to pay for the hens and loss of eggs and any vet care needed.

6. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

A great day. Got my payday stuff done, then my sister and her son came by with a TV for me from my brother. I now have TWO TVs in my bedroom. One is hooked to an antenna, and the other hooked to a Fire Stick so I can watch NetFlix movies.

I went to the grocery store AGAIN to get everything I forgot the first time.

Can anyone make a recommendation of someone to go with to get phone service, nothing else? I only call local, my brother calls me so it costs me nothing. I miss talking to my brother and sister.
    Roswell was a gift.

8. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, how about one of those "flip" phones from AARP. I haven't seen one but I have seen advertisements and they sound really cheap.

Yet, maybe a better idea. People who have Medicaid can get free phones. There may be limitations on how much you can talk, but still if it is free, and you don't talk much anyway so what. Maybe someone here will know more about it and if not and you are interested call your local MS Society and see if they will find out how to get one of the free ones for you. They might already know. Or you might want to call Social Services.
    Virginia

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Thanks Virginia. I will look into those. I just went to Consumer Cellular, and explained what I needed. I'll see what they have too.
    Roswell was a gift.

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a free cellphone through Access Wireless. The free cellphone program is available in all states, I think, but the company may not be Access Wireless. Usually there's a choice of companies.

https://www.accesswireless.com/lifel...ou-can-qualify

It's part of the Lifeline program. One catch is that if you already have a Lifeline service, like a discount on your current landline phone bill, you'd need to cancel that in order to qualify for the free cellphone because you can't have more than one Lifeline phone service.

I had to do that, and my landline phone bill went up. So the free cellphone may not be so free.On the other hand I have a phone that enables text messaging though I don't ever use that part.

The phones they send out are different. I'm not sure how they decide who gets what type of phone. Maybe they just choose at random.

The one you get might not be like mine but mine has tiny buttons you have to press once for the letter A, twice for the letter B, etc., just to type out a message. It takes me forever.

But the phone worked when I got it and is still working. It came with a recharger.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

14. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Cant get away with anything around here.
    As well you shouldn't...

16. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

I always love to hear Howie's beginning of the month adventures!

But did you buy a mango?

I forgot that I actually eat them all the time, I put them in my smoothies. VERY healthy. I buy them frozen and cut up though, so I'd forgotten what they were.

What great advice Virginia and agate!

Yikes, Cherie, what an awful image. Those poor chickens and rooster. Fascinating that they find their way back home.

Jeanie, poor Lacy, hope you can figure out the cause soon. Enjoy your birthday meal!

Cool

Thanks everyone. I have emails sent, and all got my message, and will email later.

SuzE-Q, I went to the store TWICE, and forgot the Mango. But I also forgot milk, so I'll go again tomorrow, and TAKE A LIST! Darn bad brain!
    Roswell was a gift.

19. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567123252 ... LastLast