Thread: Thyroid disorder

New Community Member

Default Thyroid disorder

I have autoimmune low thyroid disorder. Does anyone else have this and chronic pain? What do you take for the autoimmune part ? I also have diabetes two.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((snapdragon928)))))) ~

TO BRAINTALK!

What are you taking for your thyroid disorder? Synthroid?

When my son was diagnosed with hypothyroid, I found Mary Shomon's site on the internet, which helped me a great deal. We were able to control his thyroid levels through diet (no longer possible, because he is fed a formula via G Tube now). Here's a link to Mary's thyroid site:

http://www.thyroid-info.com/

Do you know your Vitamin D level? You might need to supplement Vitamin D to boost your immune system. Check with your physician.

Managing a variety of conditions can be difficult, and you need to be sure that all of your medications are compatible. We have a link to information about drugs on the top right hand corner of our forum pages: Drug Info. You can check for adverse reactions and drug interactions on this site:

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/...formation.html

I hope this helps you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

New Community Member

Thank you. I supplement with vitamin d already because it was low as I live in Michigan, we don't get enough sun. I also take vitamin c and a pro biotic and vitamin b for the autoimmune stuff. But I always need to learn more so I will check that out. I take levothyroxine.