Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible CSF leak with chills and shaking? Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible CSF leak with chills and shaking? Help!!

I'm new to this forum and looking for some much needed help. I have had severe pressure in my face for over a year now following 2 "in office" balloon sinuplasty procedures to open up my sinuses. After each procedure, the pressure got worse. After both, I would get occasional clear fluid draining but was told it was nothing to worry about. The fluid has slowed down and rarely leaks from my nose, but my nose remains totally clogged.......so I am unable to get a fluid collection. Over the past few weeks, the pressure has gotten worse.......another CT Scan showed a small questionable area of bone thinning in, but it was looked at by 2 radiologists and 2 ENT's who stated it wasn't an area that could be a CSF leak. Over the past 3-4 weeks, I've developed chills and shaking with NO fever, which my doctor now says is anxiety and started my on Zoloft and Xanax. I'm at a loss now....I'm being told I need a full sinus surgery but I'm not convinced. I'm seeing one more ENT for a 3rd opinion next week. My questions are.......has anyone experienced the shaking and chills with a leak? Is it worth seeing a neurologist? or a rheumatologist? Are there any recommendations for doctors in Long Island, NY? I appreciate any help!!
Working...
X