Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: OT March Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

YAWN.... I'm cat tired, guess I'll take a little dog nap.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

We went to a late lunch with the kids at a Brazilian BBQ the have a huge salad buffet and they come around with cuts of meat and fish and roasted veggies on skewers and they carve it off on your plate. Different but really good and they had marinated chicken hearts! I could live on those. Everyone is going out for drinks well NOT everyone. Too many people, too small a space plus stairs. I think some C.S.I.-New York reruns are in order.

Feeling somewhat better. At least I don't have to stop myself from saying something mean about every 10th word. Windy today and it is coming out of the north so it does have a bite. It did get up to 51 with a little sun. I think that all the rain and snow we were suppose to get went somewhere else. So I will put one in the win column.

4. The following 10 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

Default It doesn't stop or how was your full moon.

Bummer. I got home tonight and my door lock wouldn't open.
    Maintenance dude showed up and tore apart the mechanism aaaaand
    no one had bothered to shut down the bleeping smoke alarm.

Night two, 5:45 am and it is still bleeping.
    I have to reschedule kitty pickup-I don't want to be a sleep deprived maniacal new mom.

Good things come in warm, four legged packages.
    Worth the wait.

That includes mouse patrol.
    Last edited by renee; 03-26-2016 at 01:52 AM.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by renee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bummer. I got home tonight and my door lock wouldn't open.
    Maintenance dude showed up and tore apart the mechanism aaaaand
    no one had bothered to shut down the bleeping smoke alarm.

Night two, 5:45 am and it is still bleeping. ...
    Need to change the batteries???

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Dancer View Post
    [snipped]

Anybody watch the series, "Justified"? On Amazon, 6 seasons worth. I've watched through 2-1/2. About a modern=day lawman, a US Marshall, who works on the edge of the law....usually obeys it, but occasionally looks the other way... There were some humorous elements to it in the first couple of seasons, but it seems to be getting darker and darker. Don't know if I'll finish watching it or not. Hard to be amused when I'm in bed so much...
    I've watched that. Have you noticed that many series tend to get darker from season to season?

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

OH yeah, Parsi.

But I'm down here and the machina is up there and the room is a very tight squeeze for a stepladder.
    I need an extra tall person or a very light long person but those are in short supply.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Parsi View Post
    Need to change the batteries???
    I am proud to say that I had the kids change all the battery back ups on the alarms. I aim for time change weekend. Er ahem I am really leery of smoke detectors that wouldn't go off. When we built the new house I got a good system. While it isn't monitored by an outside service it was recommended as very reliable and trouble free. Just what I need! I wanted one that runs on shore power or battery as we do loose power.

Out of curiosity how many have a back up power supply generator, battery radio (dynamo radio), working flashlights. And something I never realized.....do you know how (and can you do it) to get your garage door open if there is no power?

Feeling a bit better today. I have a cough seems like allergies maybe? Tonight I plan to try to sleep laying down in the bed. When my BP goes up I get SOB and puff like a steam engine and I cant wear my CPAP. Don't feel feverish so that's good. I would like to get to feeling better. We had wanted to take the motorhome and the boat up to the dam and see if the trout or maybe some crappie were hitting. My crip hunting and fishing license costs me $5.00 a year plus $5.00 for 2 poles.

I don't do any hunting any more although I guess I can fire while sitting inside my truck. Thats if I guess I never want to hear anything again. I told my wife that we needed 4 wheeler so I can hunt from one too. The older I get the less interested in hunting I am. We started using barb less hooks because we turn everything back. I am the only person who eats the fish anyway. But I still love to catch them.

As I write this the cats are sitting looking through the sliding glass door at their food dishes. The Magpies are squawking and eating their food and the Magpies are mean! They fight back!

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Out of curiosity how many have a back up power supply generator, battery radio (dynamo radio), working flashlights. And something I never realized.....do you know how (and can you do it) to get your garage door open if there is no power?
    I'd be interested in knowing this too, Gary. I keep wondering how people get along during the long-lasting power outages that seem to happen more and more often.

I have a battery-powered radio--have heard that dynamo radios have their problems.

No backup power supply or generator. Those are costly and usually they're not for apartments. This building doesn't have one. The question came up and we were told they work for only a couple of hours.

I have working flashlights in EVERY room. At least 4 working flashlights always where I can find them. One is a nifty bigger one with handles that can be set down somewhere or picked up and carried around.

Here the ceilings are so high that no tenant could reach them without a taller stepladder than most of us have, and being on stepladders isn't safe for many of us. The management changes the batteries every year--a perk this HUD building has that has been a huge plus for me since moving here. Changing smoke detector batteries was a problem for me in the other HUD building I was in.

No garage door to worry about--no car.

renee, hang in there! Your better mousetrap is waiting for you and will be taking over your place very soon.
    Last edited by agate; 03-26-2016 at 08:41 AM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Hey Agate, got a light?
    Evolution spans the Universe.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Hey Agate, got a light?
    The fee is nominal.

Which reminds me: I had some good news recently. It was time for the annual recomputation of the electric bill. This happens every year, and a new rate is set up. That is what I'll pay every month for the coming year. This year the monthly bill went down by about three dollars. Since this hardly ever happens, what with rate increases, I like to think I've used less electricity than I was using and that is why I got lucky.

Maybe we just had a warmer winter or a cooler summer than the year before. Or maybe the electric company got generous but that's not like them.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast