Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345671232 ... LastLast

Thread: OT March Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Nothing like a warm doggie in your bed , (((((Jeanie.)))))
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

I spent an hour and a half at the Microsoft store today trying to fix programming glitches from when I got my warranty replacement there a couple of months ago. Same person worked on it that originally programmed it. Turns out he put the wrong (an old one) edition of Microsoft Office on that did not have Outlook which is why my mail is not opening on the Surface. I apparently logged into Microsoft under an outlook account that I set up a year ago and have never used that email since. All is now fixed and working well.

Got a call from MSLifeLines this afternoon telling me that they found a Patient assistance program to cover my Rebif for the next year. Still going to have the conversation about Lemtrada with my doc tomorrow. Just not set on it at this point but want to get his take on it now that he has other folks on it.

Today is a day of very mixed weather including rain, high winds, bright sunshine and temps in the 40s. Chance of Snow Friday I hear.

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Cherie I'm glad you will get your Rebif.

Today AT&T were supposed to come and change my computer modem between 1 and 4. Jim came down so he would be here when they came. They never showed and never called and when I called them they put me through about 8 departments and finally said a hold was put on my order. Jim was livid.

Then they said there would be a $99. charge to do it and I said no that was not right and I had the name and confirmation numbers from the original order. After the installation my bill was to go down to $79. a month for one year and they would send me a $200. credit card. After many different people they finally agreed to honor the original order and will come on Tuesday between 1 and 3 PM.

I did get Jim to remove the plastic bins on the bottom of my refrigerator so I can use that shelf from the scooter.Stay warm everyone. Jeanie :)

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Jeanie.. that's just plain wrong for them to do this to you,, I now have a computer tech {son},, wanna borrow him ?

Infusion done,., no side effects,, a little more energy,,,, now we play the wait and see game,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

8. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Wonder how long it will be until Howie gets back online? We could take this opportunity to make fun of him!

If we were mean ppl that is ...

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeanie.. that's just plain wrong for them to do this to you,, I now have a computer tech {son},, wanna borrow him ?

Infusion done,., no side effects,, a little more energy,,,, now we play the wait and see game,,
    Glad to see such good news, Peg. No side effects and a little more energy--that's great.

Fell backwards today in the hall of this building by the mailboxes, landing on my tailbone. I'm sore and stiff but no bones broken. Haven't had a fall in a couple of years but guess I shouldn't try to take a few steps backward on a day when I've switched glasses. Or something.

A couple of neighbors were right there as it happened and helped me up. Bless their hearts. I was wondering how in the world I was going to get up off the floor but I didn't have to wonder long.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate- ice today, heat tomorrow. 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off.
    As always, check w your doctor first.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Glad you're okay Joan.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks, ANN, for the prompt advice about ice and heat. I'll definitely follow the plan as outlined!

It's just a routine fall. It was embarrassing. I hate falling with people around. It wrecks my image, heh.

I don't see a need to bring a doctor into the picture at this point. The trouble with doctors is that they so often want to send you for tests and Xrays when all you want to do is rest and get better.

If I can't move some part that I should be able to move, I'd change my tune but everything is working OK and the pain isn't the kind of pain that a fracture causes.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I know you probably said but I forgot. What is the infusion that you got? I thought it was steroids from what you had said.

I see my neuro in the morning. Will revisit Lemtrada again. I still don't know what I want to do. David says, "It seems to me it's a no brainer. If you might eventually go on this better now than a couple of years from now when things have continued to progress." An hour plus on the phone today with the MS one to one nurse getting questions answered. I pretty much know the answers...just wanted confirmation. I guess the biggest thing is whether the high dose Cytoxan 5-7 years ago will negatively impact blood counts with this. Also, will Medicare pay for it? She said this State is one of 4 that has strict regulations about how much the drug company can pay to help someone on government insurance (Medicare or Medicaid). I am also told the approval process from prescribing till first infusion is an average of 6 weeks and I can take Rebif up till the day of infusion so security blanket is in place if needed.

After doc in the morning, getting hair cut then coming home and resting before evening MS Awareness event starting at 6PM where I am the main speaker. MS Foundation is sponsoring it and friends from that office will be here a little after 2 tomorrow afternoon.

Snow forecast for Friday here. It's already down to 24 here tonight and supposed to hit 20 or lower but sunny and 40s tomorrow.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345671232 ... LastLast