Thread: I don't understand

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Default I don't understand

Why can't people just ignore posts they don't like? Why do they have to angrily state their opinion of someone and then go away mad? I don't see what getting upset over someone's posts accomplishes. Do they need validation of their opinions because they don't trust themselves?

If anyone can explain this to me then please do. I honestly don't get it.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I am lost, myself, Vicky. I read this AM, when I wasn't logged in, and came back to this confusion. I don't know who did what to whom or why??

I am going to watch football and eat pizza!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

I saw Cat's post saying she was leaving because of some things Charlotte had said and was too fragile right now for the Drama. Perhaps some posts have been removed because reading through does not give me a clear picture of how all this transpired. We have a very chatty newbie and a hurt family member.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Someone may have told Infrared Charlotte (CatInTheHat, Sandra) she has too many OT posts. I haven't yet found any post about it. It might have been by a PM. Or she may have misremembered.

Vicky, it's a good idea to ignore posts you are apt to find bothersome, but you also have to look at how many posts there are at one time. She's posted several times today on the issue that is troubling her. It's hard to ignore that much discontent.

I have an impression that she's been away from the message board scene for a while. She may have forgotten that a lot of critical posts coming at us all at once have an inflammatory look to them.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I am sorry kids, but can say without any qualms i did f all. it all started with my tag line, ooooooooooh so disgusting.

Then all i got was flack each time i went ot or inserted some sort of humour.

Yes we all suffer, we are all in pain, but that is no reason to stalk me & fn single me out for who knows what.
    Yeah i probably know where hoffa is. Who knows?

All i wanted was to reconnect & have chats with peeps & have a laugh or two, but that seemed to offend her.

If you want me & my style gone just tell me. I'll go, no problemo.

NO I DID NOT SEND A PM TO ANYONE EXCEPT FOR 3 PEOPLE & never to her.

I dont like to bitch about my MS 24/7 I WANT TO FORGET FOR A WHILE. However she did think it appropriate.

F ME! !!!!!!! stalking is not acceptable. I was stalked & cyber bullied at every turn i took.
    Excuse me for fn living in a world that does not accept banter & if lucky, humour.

Sad sad sad state of fn affairs.
    Last edited by Infrared Charlotte; 02-07-2016 at 09:12 PM.
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infrared Charlotte View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sorry kids, but can say without any qualms i did f all. it all started with my tag line, ooooooooooh so disgusting.

Then all i got was flack each time i went ot or inserted some sort of humour.

Yes we all suffer, we are all in pain, but that is no reason to stalk me & fn single me out for who knows what.
    Yeah i probably know where hoffa is. Who knows?

All i wanted was to reconnect & have chats with peeps & have a laugh or two, but that seemed to offend her.

If you want me & my style gone just tell me. I'll go, no problemo.

NO I DID NOT SEND A PM TO ANYONE EXCEPT FOR 3 PEOPLE & never to her.

I dont like to bitch about my MS 24/7 I WANT TO FORGET FOR A WHILE. However she did think it appropriate.

F ME! !!!!!!! stalking is not acceptable. I was stalked & cyber bullied at every turn i took.
    Excuse me for fn living in a world that does not accept banter & if lucky, humour.

Sad sad sad state of fn affairs.
    I still don't understand what happened. If someone has been sending you bullying PMs, that's a reportable offense here, but you'll need to be more specific. Please contact a moderator about it. The moderators are here to help, and so far as I know, no member of this MS board is also a moderator here.

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Many of us are on this forum because we are somewhat isolated from the rest of the world due to our illness, and simply need a friendly, supportive connection with other human beings who understand what it's like living with MS. We all have issues of some sort, but regardless, no one wants to feel judged. I sincerely hope that everyone can get over this and move on without dropping names or choosing sides . . . it does no good.
    Whether a longtime member, newby, or returning member, all should be made to feel welcome here and part of the "family".

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

What did I miss!!!

let's all just get along n sing a song!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SalpalSally View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did I miss!!!

let's all just get along n sing a song!
    I'm not sure what you missed. Whatever it was, I missed it too, or maybe there's confusion about just what went on.

Infrared Charlotte has stated that she's been taken to task for posting OT comments in the cooking thread though I can't find any post about that.

It may have been removed, or the discussion might have gone on using PMs.

Or someone may have reported one of her posts to a moderator, who might have sent her a message about it.

18. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

She made reference to being called to task for posting so many threads(I went back and we have two pages of current threads for the first time in years and more than half were started by her). I spent time reading all last evening to try and make sense of what was going on. I just think that , as she said, she was trying to escape for some fun and it was mistaken in the way some folks took it. She did go sideways on Cat's cooking thread but it came back on track pretty quickly. Anyway, from what I saw in the nearly hour and a half I was reading, could be written off to misunderstanding, pain, stress, irritability. It appears most of the confrontation was between her and Cat. I did PM her last night to try and let he know I understood , having recalled her posts in the past and was willing to start a dialogue offline if it would be helpful. I have not gotten a response.

We are a family here and families often go through rough patches where we inadvertently hurt each other or create misunderstandings. In my opinion , that is what has happened and hopefully it will smooth out and all will be back and conversing together in no time.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"