Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O.T. Help please. Thanks

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure everyone still gets e-mails every time anyone replies in a thread you've posted in or started. I don't. Once a day I get one e-mail from BT telling me that threads I've posted in have been updated. I think the admin here may have changed the way they notify people about this, a while back.

One way to do a fairly quick check on all your posts is to click on your own user name and then on "View forum posts," which should come up on a list in the drop-down menu you'll see. Then you can see all of your posts in chronological order and can click on each one to see what's been going on since your last post.

Thank Joan. I'll try that.

Peace
    Sandra
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Or you can look for a small green circle with a white dash in it just to the left of each thread title as you look at the main screen for this MS board. That green circle shows that you've posted in that thread. It doesn't let you know if there have been any replies since you posted but you can look over on the right to see the user name of the most recent poster, and if it's someone else's name, you'll know that there's been at least one reply since you posted.

The little green circle can be found over the envelope symbol.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I think that Cherie mention awhile ago that she no longer got emails. I know I don't. But to tell you the truth I didn't realize it until now. I look at BT so often that I didn't know it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I think that Cherie mention awhile ago that she no longer got emails. I know I don't. But to tell you the truth I didn't realize it until now. I look at BT so often that I didn't know it!
    It took me a while to realize it too. There may have been a notice from the admin about the change a long time ago.

If people feel keenly about getting that feature back, we could try asking for it.

If you're too busy to drop in here very often, the e-mail notifications were an easy way to keep up with replies to your own posts on the board.

It might be a way to hang onto members too. Anyone who posts here would get e-mail notifications of replies in threads that person has posted in. You see that e-mail notification, you remember that this board exists--assuming you've opted to receive e-mail notification. It was an option you could choose, if I remember right.

I think a strong case can be made for asking for this feature to be restored.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

7. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

--Or maybe this feature is broken and needs fixing?

I checked in Settings and find that under "Default Subscription Mode" it says:

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
    My setting in this is "Instantly, using e-mail." But I haven't been getting instant e-mail notifications for ages.
    Last edited by agate; 02-07-2016 at 09:57 AM. Reason: quoted material didn't show up as planned

9. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Duplicate post
    Last edited by Parsi; 02-07-2016 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Duplicate

11. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I recently changed my settings to get notifications. Since then I've been getting them.

Nobody has mentioned the little blue circle with the 2 downward arrows in front of the thread title (in the thread list). That circle indicates that there are new replies since you last checked the thread. Click on that and it takes (or should take) you to the first post after the last one you had read.
    Last edited by Parsi; 02-07-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    Or you can look for a small green circle with a white dash in it just to the left of each thread title as you look at the main screen for this MS board. That green circle shows that you've posted in that thread. It doesn't let you know if there have been any replies since you posted but you can look over on the right to see the user name of the most recent poster, and if it's someone else's name, you'll know that there's been at least one reply since you posted.

The little green circle can be found over the envelope symbol.

Thanks again Joan. I will try these.

Love & hugs
    Sandra
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Parsi View Post
    I recently changed my settings to get notifications. Since then I've been getting them.

Nobody has mentioned the little blue circle with the 2 downward arrows in front of the thread title (in the thread list). That circle indicates that there are new replies since you last checked the thread. Click on that and it takes (or should take) you to the first post after the last one you had read.
    Thanks Parsi. I will try it.

Huhs & love
    Sandra

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parsi View Post

Curious. You're seeing a little blue circle with downward arrows. I think it's what I'm calling a little green circle with a white dash. The white dash turns out to be a white arrow on closer inspection.

Strange too that you get e-mail notifications. You do mean you get notified every time there's a new post in a thread you've posted in? I get an e-mail notification but only once a day even though I have it set for "instant e-mail notification."

Sandra, if you're confused, you can always use my system of dealing with the Internet. I just keep clicking on things to see what happens, and sooner or later I might find something helpful!

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast